• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Meta GAF |ON| Gaf on Gaf

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
I can picture young Brappy going to the arcade with his belly filled with jelly beans and ding dongs. Full of optimism and pride in the fact he can do a Sonic Boom. He puts his quarter down, waiting for his chance to impress. Finally he will earn the respect of his peers. As he gets put into his third straight infinite the tears start free falling from his face. Sounds of laughter fill the arcade as a crowd gathers to watch this kid get obliterated. Young Brappy leaves the arcade in shame. Vowing to never put himself out there again. He hates everything. What he likes is too obscure for you to have even heard of. He cooms in his room. Alone.
You think the arcades were still open when he was a lad?

Tesseract

Banned
I thought I was the only one that played these.

giphy.gif

O-N-E

If a woman makes it a point to say that she's a fan of MMA, I find her much less attractive. Thoughts?

I didn't want to make a thread about it. :messenger_expressionless:

Posted this in ban thread like an idiot but I want to say my goodbyes so I am posting here as well. Good day to you all and I wish you all a pleasant future.

Well hate to say it GaF but I think I am out..the shit posting going on in threads that I participate in is to the point it takes over entire threads and I was told by a mod to basically ignore the thread which isn't a good solution or even a solution. If that's the mentality we are going with then I just dont see the point in trying to participate in meaningful conversation when the mods don't have the community's back.

I thought about just putting on ad blocker for GaF until the problem is fixed but that really won't help anyone. I'd like to support Gaf and the good community here so I'd rather just take my leave instead of cutting ad revenue.

I have tried to express my issues and opinions on the matter to a mod and when I have presented them in a strong manner with plenty of evidence I get nothing in return and when I try to be more basic and forthcoming with an argument I get non answers and told to simply ignore it.

Maybe my goal of having good conversations with civil responses that come from passionate gamers who simply love the art form as their hobby is a pipedream for GaF and not the goal of the owners. Maybe that's on me? Not sure. But it's very clear that the negative part of the community will continue to grow and nothing is going to be done at this time.

Ill miss talking and dicking around with the good people here. And I'll miss making memes for the meme thread which is always A ton of good fun.

Maybe I'll be a lurker here and there but I'm done having my time and opinion disrespected by shit posters when I am being a civil and hard thinking member of the community.

To the people I have had good conversations with thank you for being you. Continue to game and continue to push the art form forward in a positive manner and I'm sorry I won't be a part of it.

(Tips hat)
Welcome back, Nikana Nikana ! (Stig from Top Gear, GET ITT!!!)

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
Welcome back, Nikana Nikana ! (Stig from Top Gear, GET ITT!!!)

I have indeed returned as two of the users I had issues with were indeed banned. Funny how one mod decided go ahead with banning and another tried to spin it into me somehow fighting for one team. (Microsoft in this case) But I digress.

And the Coronoa Virus put me in a place where i need to be able to chat with more people than my immediate co workers. Its been made very clear that anything next gen thread wise will not be monitored for shit posting so I have decided to simply ignore them instead of trying to report people that clearly shouldn't be there. I have made some close friends since returning and decided to simply engage with them on outside services from here to attempt to not see so much of the toxicity that is here lately.

Last edited:

Mista

Banned
I have indeed returned as two of the users I had issues with were indeed banned. Funny how one mod decided go ahead with banning and another tried to spin it into me somehow fighting for one team. (Microsoft in this case) But I digress.

And the Coronoa Virus put me in a place where i need to be able to chat with more people than my immediate co workers. Its been made very clear that anything next gen thread wise will not be monitored for shit posting so I have decided to simply ignore them instead of trying to report people that clearly shouldn't be there. I have made some close friends since returning and decided to simply engage with them on outside services from here to attempt to not see so much of the toxicity that is here lately.
Good to have you back Niko!

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
If a woman makes it a point to say that she's a fan of MMA, I find her much less attractive. Thoughts?

I didn't want to make a thread about it. :messenger_expressionless:
Interesting subject.

I used to work with a chick whose bf was obsessed with MMA and as a result, so was she. She wouldn’t shut up about it. Going on about how “hot” these fighters were with cauliflower ears and sideways noses. She was quite attractive, but her incessant fawning over MMA made her very annoying.

H

hariseldon

Unconfirmed Member
He has sent me PMs too out of the blue, and when i genuinely respond to him he ignores me. I don't really give too much of a fuck about that. But, yeah, he has done the pm pity party to me too.

The gif spam is too much though. He is by far the worst poster on GAF. He brings nothing to the table besides clogging up peoples bandwidth in his pursuit of likes.

I've been posting on message boards for around 20 years now. I've never put anyone on ignore. Jare is the only one I've ever ignored.

I’ve had the PM too. Very odd tbh but I’ve honestly given up on him. He’ll probably get the boot eventually.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member

Microsoft fans and Sony fans are struggling to establish the next-gen dominance hierarchy. It’s part of the natural order of things and it’ll get bloody on occasion. We do moderate it though.

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
Microsoft fans and Sony fans are struggling to establish the next-gen dominance hierarchy. It’s part of the natural order of things and it’ll get bloody on occasion. We do moderate it though.

I need to get off my throne and understand that this isn't how I would run things but neogaf isn't my creation to moderate. I will always disagree to the lenience that some posters get here but again not my place to say.

I do not appreciate how one mod in particular tried to label me as "fighting for one side." It was completely unrelated to anything and sort of proved my point in my own head as they weren't listening to what I was saying and instead wrote me off as some fanboy. Only to have another mod ban the very same people based on posts that followed a very similar pattern to which I reported. Clearly I had some weight in my complaints.

I will continue to avoid the threads that bug me and interact with the people that share common ground and wish to discuss things in the same manner as myself.

Top Bottom