• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Meta GAF |ON| Gaf on Gaf

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Xsr6sX8.jpg

tfw not sure if actual translation or somebody trolling

Bernkastel

Ask me about my fanboy energy!
These days HorribleSubs is the only choice or you will be waiting like I am still waiting for Edo's Zoku Owarimonogatari batch.

What king of a failure anime forum doesn't know about (somewhat) mainstream manga? It was on shonen jump for a while, can't get more mainstream than that. There were plenty of threads when it was being scanned as well. If you would have said Melancholia, that would have been more middle of the road if anything.

Ah right okay. Although you have to understand that UK and US tastes can be different, so it was probably not as well known here for me to not notice it was more popular than I realised?

Regarding the other things you said, so basically people were basically pirating it on various sites via scanning and I was a fool to pay for the books? Maybe I should ask you where they scan these mangas next time. :LOL:

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Regarding the other things you said, so basically people were basically pirating it on various sites via scanning and I was a fool to pay for the books?
Are you familiar with publishing and how manga gets licensed (if ever) after there is public interest for a title? Claymore took a good 5 years (I think) before it was published.

Are you familiar with publishing and how manga gets licensed (if ever) after there is public interest for a title? Claymore took a good 5 years (I think) before it was published.

No but I don't think uploading scans is going to keep a series going if the sales of the books doesn't reach a point to bother making more.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
No but I don't think uploading scans is going to keep a series going if the sales of the books doesn't reach a point to bother making more.
That makes no sense. I mentioned published as in available in your region, you are mentioning scanlators within Japan itself I take it. People oversees aren't even part of the market until you can legally buy the manga. Most of the people that I know that buy manga do so after reading the entire series before it gets published. (if ever) Or like a manga (thanks to the translation online) so much they buy it raw/figures in hopes it one day gets published.

bronk

Banned
Sup Gaf! It's a beautiful day in So Cal. Got off work super early. So I poured an ice cold beer all over my body and took the next one to the head. Happy 4th!

I'm half a bro and it shows sometimes. Don't be hating. Shut up stop complaining and smack a beverage. 😘

Last edited:
Top Bottom