• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Meta GAF |ON| Gaf on Gaf

-Arcadia-

Banned
Not everyone has HDR to be able to enjoy it.

Shouldn't matter. As I understand it, if you don't have HDR turned on in your console settings, it won't come on.

There's no need for a game to apply a second HDR setting, unless maybe the dev was worried about differing implementation on some sets.

Last edited:
I put on my lucky shirt and go out
You know the one who catch the skirt and the blouse
Maybe I can bring her to me house?
Whip it out and leave her hurt on the couch
You know what I'm talking about
There come my friends
They pulling up and I'm about to hop in
They say tonight "we going pussy shopping"
I lay away, really don't have much to spend
Now we drivin'
Then we walk up in the dancehall
But only one girl took a glance at me
Man this girl was really fat y'all
She grab my hand and started dancing real freaky
Then she whispered something in my ear
Said she "didn't have no dick in years"
She said she'll make sure that my "mood is right"
She says she keeps her pussy "good and tight"
Oh right tonight

Tesseract

Banned

kamk8ef.gif

Thanks. I appreciate every like I get on here, it's brightens up my day a little, it means something I said meant something to someone. My problem is mainly manic depression, and anger issues. I don't just feel like I don't belong here sometimes, but anywhere. I don't think I'll fit in anyplace, and that I'm never going to. When people say something that makes me feel attacked, I just wanna shut down after I have an outburst. Before it was just irritability, but I'm getting concern more that I have actual anger management problems now. I let things get to me too much.

I'm a rough spot, a lot of people are this year I'm sure, but I've been feeling like this for a lot of years. Can't really seek help or more therapy, because I can't afford it. I had an easier time affording it when I was unemployed, but now that I'm working, paying for therapy is something I can't even do because my insurance sucks. So I'm constantly coping with my own insecurities, and I'm not doing a very good job of it.
Don't take this stuff so seriously, man.
We are just strangers on an internet forum having some fun debating our hobby.

You have a heart of gold, don't let them take it from you.

Last edited:
I watched Hamilton over the weekend and now I'm constantly humming or singing the songs from the production. How do I rid myself of this curse? (saying this even though I really enjoyed it, but it's becoming a problem...)

-Arcadia-

Banned
Is it time for the Gaming forum to get it's own Politics sub-forum? :unsure:

Feels like every other post now is Twitter bullshit or MeToo drama.

To answer that in general, other than there not being that many posts...

When stuff like this happens, I want to know. If the allegations are true, if they're false, I like to know what's going on with the community, or in this case, a streamer I watch (Zero).

The thing about the left, and I kind of wanted to stay out of politics for a while, but I don't see another way to make this point, is that the bullshit they spout (institutional racism, gaming has always been political), they always end up making happen via their sheer derangement.

So, gaming is inextricably political now. Industry people are being blacklisted for not approving of the worst character design of the year, creators are throwing in their pet agendas in every possible scene, and games like Fortnite feature Van Jones from CNN lecturing children on BLM ideals, right after the game removed all police cars. Seriously. This happened.

Just to name a few recent things.

In that environment, gaming is indeed political, and it can't come back. Not for a long time. It's best to buckle up and get used to it -- hiding it all in a sub-forum, and probably lessening discussion, won't make it go away.

I do sympathize, as someone who just wanted to have fun gaming in their spare time, both alone, and creating friendships with others of all kinds of different beliefs. But, that's apparently no longer allowed. Everything must be a political argument, 24 hours a day.

ThatGamingDude

I am a virgin
The thing about the left, and I kind of wanted to stay out of politics for a while, but I don't see another way to make this point, is that the bullshit they spout (institutional racism, gaming has always been political), they always end up making happen via their sheer derangement.

So, gaming is inextricably political now. Industry people are being blacklisted for not approving of the worst character design of the year, creators are throwing in their pet agendas in every possible scene, and games like Fortnite feature Van Jones from CNN lecturing children on BLM ideals, right after the game removed all police cars. Seriously. This happened.
Culture and counter cultures pop up all the time

You have polarized people on both sides, always have and always will with the concept of duality

Tons of games in the past have political satire or play with stereotypes, which a lot of people would say is "More right wing."
Counter culture to that would be "More left wing," and would attempt to tone it down

Popular news outlets will always throw up stories that drive viewership to their platform, like the previous "Vidya game violence causes kids to shoot people!" sorta shit

Pay attention to the white noise and after a while anyone would go insane

-Arcadia-

Banned
Culture and counter cultures pop up all the time

You have polarized people on both sides, always have and always will with the concept of duality

Tons of games in the past have political satire or play with stereotypes, which a lot of people would say is "More right wing."
Counter culture to that would be "More left wing," and would attempt to tone it down

Popular news outlets will always throw up stories that drive viewership to their platform, like the previous "Vidya game violence causes kids to shoot people!" sorta shit

Pay attention to the white noise and after a while anyone would go insane

And here we see the average 'Both Sides'er', pretending nothing has changed, and that this is a normal climate.

ThatGamingDude

I am a virgin
And here we see the average 'Both Sides'er', pretending nothing has changed, and that this is a normal climate.
On the contrary, I stated things are in a constant state of flux, only clarifying that it's always been in a constant state of flux
It was just slower moving because the transportation of information was slower

Some people are just now utilizing that access to information, so it's more apparent and shocking to them

I'm only attempting to play at your analogy, but I would more align myself with a "Climate change is constant and we need to do something about it now," versus "Normal climates are a constant."

ThatGamingDude

I am a virgin
Both Left and Right were saying this shit. Really makes you think.
I'll say my feelings on political hot topics in an anecdote

tldr
Politicians like to see their face in the media more than they like doing their job

Story
When I was 16, this fine ass chick at school I had AP classes with asked to hang out; sure why not, we've never chilled before, you seem cool, let's go to a concert
Her father, worked as a high level corrections officer in Arizona where I still live

Our county sheriff at the time, Joe Arpaio, liked to do polarizing and hot topic like things
So, I asked her Dad "Whatcha think of Joe?"
Her Dad promptly replied "I think he's a good politician who loves the camera too much, and is turning his office into a sitcom and not a civil servant position."

Mind you, I was on a date, and also had no fucking clue it was a date until like 6-8 years later because I'm oblivious and one of the first conversations I have with her Dad is about politics directly related to his career
Weird we didn't go on a second date
bd6.png

Top Bottom