• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Meta GAF |ON| Gaf on Gaf

Nymphae

Banned
Was multiple post spamming really so much of an issue that the entire forum needed to be handicapped with a wait time between posts? Let me post twice in 30 seconds ffs I feel like a retard sitting here waiting to be allowed to post again, just moderate people who are abusing the system and ungimp us.

Last edited:
The conversations don't really bother me but it would be nice if there was some sort of topic consolidation, not sure you need a thousand threads for every angle of thought about the news.
It's getting tiresome on gaming side when, as you have already mentioned, there are so many different threads about the same damn thing. I don't want to just section people into certain threads, but could there not be something done to prevent this. All the conversations in these threads are circular too. It is all just coming back to being about the same things.

I get that people are excited about their new toys, but there must be a way to de-clutter the board of the same or similar content being posted. Especially for some posters who won't bother to check whether a similar thread exists.

ThatGamingDude

I am a virgin
Was multiple post spamming really so much of an issue that the entire forum needed to be handicapped with a wait time between posts? Let me post twice in 30 seconds ffs I feel like a retard sitting here waiting to be allowed to post again, just moderate people who are abusing the system and ungimp us.
It's not meant as a method to limit members

Rate limiting posts is because of bots; if not, a crew of bots could slam the fuck out of threads with whatever they wanted to post

Last edited:

nush

Had a good friend that was a furry. Good people that are mostly misunderstood.

People with deep psychological issues.

IJVtDE1.jpg

nush

It's part of DDOS protection.

ThatGamingDude

I am a virgin
It does and it's annoying as fuck sometimes. Perhaps the feature could be disabled for proven members.
It can be done

But then you start getting into weird territories of "Admins like you better so you get more privileges!"
And, more work

Plus, accounts DO get hacked, so all of those people who don't have rate limits become targets for brute force attacks and such

Rate limiting is your friend

Think of it this way; yeah, it's a bit inconvenient to have to lock and unlock your front door every day, but man is it nice to not have your shit stolen

nush

I do wonder how people get into a kink like that. Just seems bizarre to me, a well adjusted normie.

As a normal person I had an experience with this way way before the internet and furries even existed. Keep reading it's not a sex story!

I years worked in a cinema and the local newspaper would have Saturday morning cross promotions with the Saturday morning kid club movie. Which usually involved them sending the Herald newspaper Bear costume (A Cheap fur onesie and bear head) to the cinema to be worn by one of the staff to entertain the kids and a photo op.

This type;

wGj8JPC.jpg

So one Monday afternoon I was asked to take the suit back to the newspaper office that was on the opposite side of the shopping mall from the cinema. I'm carrying the body suit in a bag and the head under my arm, but the head being big was uncomfortable to hold like that for a long time. So as I was walking through the shopping mall I decided just for a laugh and to make it easier that I would but the bear head on.

There was an instant change in the people that were walking past me, laughing and smiling, I didn't give a fuck because nobody knew who I was. Now the story should end there except on my way though I saw the boyfriend on one of my female friends flirting and trying to hook up with some (Underage) girl. Cliff notes, he was a nonce. So with my bear head disguise on I went right up to them and started dancing around them cockblocking him, she laughed but he could not do anything because "Cute bear". Anyway I told his girlfriend what I'd seen (Minus the bear head part) and she did eventually dump him, he never knew it was me who saw him even though I was right in his face.

The point I'm making? They don't see you, you can hide in the furry suit and do fucked up shit with each other no doubt anonymously. Furries are all about being ashamed of who you are and lack any confidence. That racist admin on Ree Nepenth fits the bill to a T, she's no longer a short angy black woman but a Don Blueth cartoon dog.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Post cool down should be automatically scaling as a function of how many acknowledged warnings you have on record and how many recent bans you have on record.

Tesseract

Banned
do any of you use grammarly or the like, never tried (investigating now)

seems better without in the longer run, maybe i'm wrong and tool assistance is good

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR

seems better without in the longer run, maybe i'm wrong and tool assistance is good
Avoid. Your speech mannerisms and thought patterns will be permanently affected.

Read two or three good books by the same author in succession. You'll begin borrowing their phrases and favorite words. Do this if you need to verify the phenomenon on a slower scale, and it's actually a reliable method to improve your vocabulary over time.

Tesseract

Banned
Avoid. Your speech mannerisms and thought patterns will be permanently affected.

Read two or three good books by the same author in succession. You'll begin borrowing their phrases and favorite words. Do this if you need to verify the phenomenon on a slower scale, and it's actually a reliable method to improve your vocabulary over time.
thanks, feels like i dodged a bullet

was about to jump right into premium

-Arcadia-

Banned
Day so far:

s5qqYIt.jpg

I need to see if I can snatch a preorder after work, lol. Hopefully Xbox not being such a crazy phenomenon like Playstation, if doing well for itself, serves me a little.

TaySan

Banned
Pre ordered both PS5 and XSX on Amazon. :) Not sure if im going to keep either though ill decide closer to launch. Now the hunt for the 3090!

Nymphae

Banned
Hovering over the like button for react options is incredibly spotty for me on desktop and has been for many months, I've tried different browsers and it's the same across all of them, the only place I can consistently get the hover options to appear is mobile, anyone else?

brap

Banned

I have. It's like if you don't type like a complete tard you have to buy premium so they tell you your mistakes. I just used it to check grammar though.

im just wholesale ignoring threads about gamepass/Microsoft purchase. so sick of hearing about that shit. WOW YOU RENT GAMES SO COOOOOL LET ME HEAR ABOUT IT YEAH YOU ARE REAL EXCITED ABOUT PLAYING SKYRIM AND FALLOUT AGAIN FOR SOME REASON YAAAAAY

I could never voice this elsewhere without a pile on, but doesn't this seem like an organized astroturfing effort to anyone else? I mean, we know to what depths people can sink to with this stuff regardless of which company they support, but it just seems too much even for fanboys.

Would explain the million Game Pass and concern troll threads. I want to believe they're being paid for this.

Last edited:

-Arcadia-

Banned
Anyway, I missed yet another preorder. Ugh. Well. I can get Series S, but lol.

Seriously considering paying a scalper. I have neither the patience or the desire at this point in my life, to be taking days off from work just to get a preorder, or line up, or do any of this stuff.

Anyway, I missed yet another preorder. Ugh. Well. I can get Series S, but lol.

Seriously considering paying a scalper. I have neither the patience or the desire at this point in my life, to be taking days off from work just to get a preorder, or line up, or do any of this stuff.

What game do you want to play so badly?

I didn't get a pre order and I'm not stressing because I have no real desire for the launch games. I can wait.

Also -Arcadia- -Arcadia- , you should really consider adding a healthy dose of fatty fish and nuts to your diet. If that picture up above is accurate. You shouldn't be losing your hair at such a young age.

Last edited:

-Arcadia-

Banned
What game do you want to play so badly?

I didn't get a pre order and I'm not stressing because I have no real desire for the launch games. I can wait.

Yeah, pretty much. There isn’t one. I just enjoy all the excitement and fun around the launch, you know? Having the newest, coolest thing. Plus, I’m always a little bummed when my One X comes up short on 4K or something — I can always tell, and it’d be nice to fix that.

Souls is definitely up there, as well as a few really nice upgrades to games I already play. I’ve actually really come around on Dirt 5 and think it looks really fun. Miles Morales is neat. CoD might be fun to do my once-every-few-years venture into, esp with zombies.

-Arcadia-

Banned
Which gang are you gonna play as?
The PC diverse gang, the PC diverse gang part 2, the bootleg CoD characters, the skanks, the blacks, the asians (haha asian people like dragons and tigers right?), the fallout ghouls, the gays, or the fatties?
5NG7LbK.gif

Wow. You weren’t kidding on Discord. Lmao. That’s pretty lame.

Can I go solo and hunt these people down? Lol.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Which gang are you gonna play as?
The PC diverse gang, the PC diverse gang part 2, the bootleg CoD characters, the skanks, the blacks, the asians (haha asian people like dragons and tigers right?), the fallout ghouls, the gays, or the fatties?
5NG7LbK.gif
Shit looks straight out of a 6x9ine video lol.

Top Bottom