• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Meta GAF |ON| Gaf on Gaf

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I do have a condition, it's I would rather try to be clever when more direct words would work better. I saw you saying things in the other thread about people who contributed to the character of this place and gave it its charm. Things that are false, but keep getting brought up again and again by a certain group of members, let's call them cunts for old times sake. Recently, members being banned were here when nobody else was. They defended the character of the owner of this site and put up with name calling, trolling, all around unpleasantness. I was among them, didn't need to be asked. I don't think any of us did. We gave of ourselves freely because we wanted to help someone we thought needed it. Plenty of other places to post on the internet, we stayed anyway. We did keep this place going. I posted more in that first year after ReEEEE than I did for the previous ten. People would come back, call us Nazis and say "Ban Me" while we laughed and carried on. It was awesome! You weren't here.

Anyway, I called you out on your cute little passive aggressive "strike out what I want to say and replace it with drivel". Then you want to obscure the fact you are a dick to people you don't even care to know. It is true that Evilore didn't ask anybody for anything. What's going to happen now should he ever need to ask and everyone who stood by him is gone? I think you're too much of a weasel to stick around and I'm too jaded to care.

This mentality that "they were here before when no one was so they should be exempt from getting banned despite flagrantly ignoring the forum rules" is so strange to me.

ThatGamingDude

I am a virgin
This mentality that "they were here before when no one was so they should be exempt from getting banned despite flagrantly ignoring the forum rules" is so strange to me.
He's just having a bad day or is in a bad mood
I wouldn't think twice about it

I think he's more upset about people cheering on the bans rather than discussing them, and peeking at his post history it does seem like he's invested into the politics forum, so it would make sense it hits more close to home

ManofOne

Plus Member
Camping Alien Encounter GIF by DrSquatchSoapCo

He's just having a bad day or is in a bad mood
I wouldn't think twice about it

I think he's more upset about people cheering on the bans rather than discussing them, and peeking at his post history it does seem like he's invested into the politics forum, so it would make sense it hits more close to home

That may be so but it certainly isn't the first time that sentiment has been expressed.

Falcs

Banned
Didn't know where else to post this.

I'm currently working on a project that requires me to capture screenshots of websites I frequent.
Anyway, I was looking at a screenshot of Gaf that I took on Jan 5th and noticed something odd.

Jan 5th 2021
szeF4co.png

Today, 2nd Feb 2021
gID2boC.png

That's about 8 million posts subtracted total, and something like 9% of total posts missing from Gaming? Wtf? Did something mess up with the forum?
Or did I miss something major going down? I haven't logged in as much as often lately.

ThatGamingDude

I am a virgin
Nearly 10% of all of gaming posts just on duplicates? Seems unlikely.
You'd be surprised on how many dupes a db will have before you optimize and such
EDIT: It's not just the posts themselves, it can be how the counter looks at linked posts too. Say you have a post and edit it, the DB might assign those 2 separate unique IDs for the two different data sets, but link them for integrity and logging. Then when the counter goes through, it's looking for unique IDs and sees 2 posts for 1 post actually displayed, but counts them both because it's searching for unique unique IDs and not taking into account a link between them
EDIT2: Don't even get me started on memory limitations in certain coding languages and DBs

Last edited:
You'd be surprised on how many dupes a db will have before you optimize and such
EDIT: It's not just the posts themselves, it can be how the counter looks at linked posts too. Say you have a post and edit it, the DB might assign those 2 separate unique IDs for the two different data sets, but link them for integrity and logging. Then when the counter goes through, it's looking for unique IDs and sees 2 posts for 1 post actually displayed, but counts them both because it's searching for unique unique IDs and not taking into account a link between them
EDIT2: Don't even get me started on memory limitations in certain coding languages and DBs

the simpsons nerd GIF

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Didn't know where else to post this.

I'm currently working on a project that requires me to capture screenshots of websites I frequent.
Anyway, I was looking at a screenshot of Gaf that I took on Jan 5th and noticed something odd.

Jan 5th 2021
szeF4co.png

Today, 2nd Feb 2021
gID2boC.png

That's about 8 million posts subtracted total, and something like 9% of total posts missing from Gaming? Wtf? Did something mess up with the forum?
Or did I miss something major going down? I haven't logged in as much as often lately.
That is weird...

Guilty_AI

The duality of gamer

ThatGamingDude

I am a virgin
The duality of gamer

ThatGamingDude

I am a virgin
Around today, or tomorrow. I am joining the PC masterace at last, have I found da wae. My bruhdas?
If your case isn't completely littered with ecchi anime stickers you're a failure to us all
And welcome to the club! We're not so bad, just like to chide the console peeps a little bit

Last edited:

Guilty_AI

Around today, or tomorrow. I am joining the PC masterace at last, have I found da wae. My bruhdas?
Not yet.

You need to post at least 3 pcmr memes a day to please Lord Gaben.

The first trial of your new machine must be Minecraft RTX with 4k texture packs. Modded Skyrim/GTAV/Witcher3 are also allowed.

The moment you find yourself forsaking AAA ultra graphics titles to play indie, 2D and old games will be the moment of revelation. Only by experiencing the epitome of visuals you can properly understand they never mattered in the first place. Thats where the path of the PCMR truly intends to guides us.

May Geraldo be with you
wrem1j3idve31.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom