• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Meta GAF |ON| Gaf on Gaf

Status
Not open for further replies.

BadBurger

Many “Whelps”! Handle It!
I wonder how many times I can let packages sent to Amazon Lockers go unclaimed and sent back before Amazon eventually cuts me off. I ordered some of this stuff while I was blazed and now sober me realizes I don't need or want it.

America has the shittest bacon.

America has every form of bacon imaginable. It seems like Europeans only see the supermarket stuff though.

Last edited:

BigBooper

America has the shittest bacon.
the simpsons paddle GIF

T8SC

Gold Member
Maybe the American weather forecast is better than their bacon?

Having just watched our amazing MetOffice forecast, I'm sure I could guess the same as their "super computer".

"We run multiple scenarios through our super computer, and these are the results ... the first run said it'll rain in the west, the second said it'd rain in the east, the third said it'd rain in the centre"

Fuck me, amazing. Basically, it's gonna rain somewhere and its pot luck what the super computer says.

Here is my forecast for the 14th October 2021 - Weather will happen somewhere.

Star-Lord

My old man’s way of checking the weather was best. Stick your hand out the window. If it gets wet, it’s raining. If it’s warm, it’s sunny. If it gets taken off by a moving signpost, you did it on a train and fucking deserved it.

Soodanim

Gold Member
Maybe the American weather forecast is better than their bacon?

Having just watched our amazing MetOffice forecast, I'm sure I could guess the same as their "super computer".

"We run multiple scenarios through our super computer, and these are the results ... the first run said it'll rain in the west, the second said it'd rain in the east, the third said it'd rain in the centre"

Fuck me, amazing. Basically, it's gonna rain somewhere and its pot luck what the super computer says.

Here is my forecast for the 14th October 2021 - Weather will happen somewhere.
well they can tell when its raining karen smith GIF
raining amanda seyfried GIF

Soodanim

Gold Member
Why are you Brits so insecure? It's ok that your food's gross. No one cares.
I’ll take a fry up, a roast dinner, or Toad in the Hole over whatever spray on cheese and high fructose corn syrup you’re proud of (I don’t know where you’re from so you’re American).

You can have crumpets though, I’ve gone off them in recent years. I don’t know if I changed or if they did.

BadBurger

America has the fattest citizens.

USA is now 12th or 13th in the fat race. If you've ever been to the Middle East, in the cities where the middle class and wealthy are, like 9/10 people are fat than a bitch. Just grossly fat. They make the midwest of America look like fitness freaks in comparison.

Soodanim

Gold Member
USA is now 12th or 13th in the fat race. If you've ever been to the Middle East, in the cities where the middle class and wealthy are, like 9/10 people are fat than a bitch. Just grossly fat. They make the midwest of America look like fitness freaks in comparison.
There was something on Reddit the other day. The top 10 by percentage is mostly Pacific Islands, then you have Kuwait in 11 and USA at 12. Or something like that. I think USA is so big and varying in cultures that it has enough people to balance out the average.

When you see those obscenely obese people though, I'm talking the "Are we sure it's a land mammal?" size, USA dominates the leaderboard. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_the_heaviest_people

BadBurger

There was something on Reddit the other day. The top 10 by percentage is mostly Pacific Islands, then you have Kuwait in 11 and USA at 12. Or something like that. I think USA is so big and varying in cultures that it has enough people to balance out the average.

When you see those obscenely obese people though, I'm talking the "Are we sure it's a land mammal?" size, USA dominates the leaderboard. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_the_heaviest_people

WTF?! How are people a thousand pounds? I can't even conceive that and I definitely don't want to see it.

BadBurger

Fall is the worst season.

Today, September 23rd, 2021, 9:58 AM EST - the first time I ever disagreed with Maiden Voyage on NeoGAF

Edit: Also I took this entire week off work and a few days next week and I have shit all to do. I wanted to go see Chang Z or whatever that Marvel movie is at the theater across the street that serves alcohol, but they had to close because the staff had a COVID outbreak. So. Maybe I'll just go to the beach for a day and read or something

Last edited:

BigBooper

Summer is worst.

Oh let's all go to do these super hot and sweaty activities on the hottest and sweatiest days of the year and then pee all over each other's feet because of all the jellyfish attacks.

We can go for hike and get swarmed by bugs the entire time and then enjoy a nice hot evening sucking down lemonade while mosquitoes suck on us.

Depends on where you live I suppose. Our winters are mild.

Soodanim

Gold Member
Spring and Autumn are the best seasons for me in the UK in the sense that there's a better chance of more moderate temperatures. Autumn seems to get more rain though, and while summer rain is the best, colder rain is just an inconvenience. Not consistently cold and wet enough for the winter jackets, but the risk of rain means you have to prepare for it and that's an annoyance. Autumn would be perfect if it wasn't for the rain ruining the falling leaves and turning them into brown mush. Give me a Hollywood Autumn with the crunchy leaves and adjusted wardrobe.

Star-Lord

You people are weird and most likely morbidly obese.
I’m British, I have an excuse.

Well, Irish, so I don’t. But still…

Anyway, as for me I prefer Autumn and Winter. It’s a lot easier to warm up than it is to cool down. And there’s no better feeling than going to work, coming home out of the wet and the dark, changing into your night robe, and curling up with a delicious stew that’s been in the slow cooker all day.

Thaedolus

Gold Member
Now I’m going to preface this in that I’m not interested in starting a discussion or drama or anything like that, don’t quote post this, I’m just providing a Twitter thread that’s a wild fuckin ride of amusement. Keep your reactions secret, keep them safe. Just…take a look and silently snicker amongst yourselves as the zoo creatures sling shit:

BigBooper

Sassy Drama Queen GIF

The self-implosion of self-righteousness is always welcome, not reading through all that drama though. Glad we don't have to deal with that here, generally. Only with big changes.

BadBurger

Now I’m going to preface this in that I’m not interested in starting a discussion or drama or anything like that, don’t quote post this, I’m just providing a Twitter thread that’s a wild fuckin ride of amusement. Keep your reactions secret, keep them safe. Just…take a look and silently snicker amongst yourselves as the zoo creatures sling shit:

Woof that was a ride. Imagine caring that much about shit that is ultimately meaningless to you? I mean that mod is probably just some fat guy in Wyoming with dyed purple hair on disability. The forum treats his opinion like some sort of personal insult. Those fucking people lol.

Star-Lord

Now I’m going to preface this in that I’m not interested in starting a discussion or drama or anything like that, don’t quote post this, I’m just providing a Twitter thread that’s a wild fuckin ride of amusement. Keep your reactions secret, keep them safe. Just…take a look and silently snicker amongst yourselves as the zoo creatures sling shit.
The elevated levels of self-worth in that thread are truly cringeworthy. Imagine being that guy waking up in the morning, and the most important thing in your day ahead is posting those figures, thinking the forum will crumble without them. Yet, ironically, it crumbled because of him and those figures. And as for the mods? I don’t think anything needs to be said.

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
Today, September 23rd, 2021, 9:58 AM EST - the first time I ever disagreed with Maiden Voyage on NeoGAF

Edit: Also I took this entire week off work and a few days next week and I have shit all to do. I wanted to go see Chang Z or whatever that Marvel movie is at the theater across the street that serves alcohol, but they had to close because the staff had a COVID outbreak. So. Maybe I'll just go to the beach for a day and read or something

Come on, don't talk like that. I thought you were a smart guy.

Fall and Winter are the best.

Then comes Spring and then that bastard season Summer. Oh how I hate that piece of trash Summer.

My fav to least fav seasons: spring, summer, winter, fall. Fall is the only one I truly dislike and the majority of that comes from my allergies. Thanksgiving is a great holiday though. Not big on Halloween.

Thaedolus

Gold Member
My fav to least fav seasons: spring, summer, winter, fall. Fall is the only one I truly dislike and the majority of that comes from my allergies. Thanksgiving is a great holiday though. Not big on Halloween.
Fall colors are great, cool air after summer heat is great and I’m not huge into Halloween…but my wife is (not too obnoxious about it) and now that my oldest is old enough and is all about the spooky stuff, I might be starting to crack. It’s super cute

Star-Lord

Fall colors are great, cool air after summer heat is great and I’m not huge into Halloween…but my wife is (not too obnoxious about it) and now that my oldest is old enough and is all about the spooky stuff, I might be starting to crack. It’s super cute
Halloween I’m not too bothered about, but I love everything else about fall. The crunch of the leaves under your shoes, the shifting colours amongst the trees, the cool air and drizzle on the walks home after work. Perfection.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom