• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Meta GAF |ON| Gaf on Gaf

Status
Not open for further replies.
I may be a cock warmer but at least I'm not a cock raiser
oo95IK5.jpg

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
Boss: make a PPT for the bigwigs, 4-5 slides about your portfolio. You’ll have 15 mins.
Me: does that & shares with boss for review
Boss: this is great, now triple the slide count by updating on all these specific topics
Me: do we get more time to present?
Boss: no

Nothing like spending half day on a presentation you’ll skip most of.

Thaedolus

Gold Member
Boss: make a PPT for the bigwigs, 4-5 slides about your portfolio. You’ll have 15 mins.
Boss: this is great, now triple the slide count by updating on all these specific topics

I had two project managers set up appointments with me today for seemingly different topics that ended up being me saying (more or less) “how the hell did you get this far along without consulting me on the plans??”

It’s in multiple procedures that prior to executing certain project phases my function needs to sign off on a plan approving various aspects…and both project managers were like “uhh I didn’t know that…”

K well all this stuff you’re confused about would’ve been discussed and put down in that document had you consulted me earlier. I really hope you don’t have to go alter the timelines you’ve communicated based on my feedback now because it’s your ass on the line for that, not mine 🤷🏼‍♂️

It’s nice I can perform my job remotely and such but I feel like these situations could be avoided if I was down in the manufacturing plant like I used to be instead of my ivory tower downtown. Although 3/4ths of these guys are out of state anyway…

BadBurger

Many “Whelps”! Handle It!

How my day went earlier:

Coworker: Hey yesterday we couldn't figure out THING. So can you take a look at it? Here's the incident

Me: Uh, no. Why didn't you fix it? Or if you couldn't escalate it properly. I have a mountain of code and other shit to go through

Coworker (goes and complains to boss): Burger isn't being a team player

Me (in my head): Bitch I will shove my entire foot up your lazy incompetent ass (also me, but via email): <insert calm, professional explanation for why I am not doing other people's work for them, but with enough edge to hint to the readers that I am not fucking around>

My Boss: <quietly assigns the task/problem to the appropriate group>

I wish I could hit the lottery and retire. I know I shouldn't complain given how so many people have it hard in the world and I am working White Collar McPays Too Much job, but I just want to stop. I want to be like John Carpenter and retire early to play video games, smoke weed, and maybe make some music.

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
I wish I could hit the lottery and retire. I know I shouldn't complain given how so many people have it hard in the world and I am working White Collar McPays Too Much job, but I just want to stop. I want to be like John Carpenter and retire early to play video games, smoke weed, and maybe make some music.
This is the dream my friend.

nush

Gold Member

See, this is why I keep every nice looking spreadsheet and PPT that hits my inbox going back over ten years. Change logo, images and a bit of text editing and it's good to go. Nobody has ever questioned why the style of each them is wildly different, probably because they don't actually care and they just want something that looks nice.

Thaedolus

Gold Member
This is the dream my friend.
Second best thing would be getting a Starlink and taking a travel trailer around the country with the family all summer. I was actually introduced to a consultant who does what I do and she does just that. Sold her house even, and just drives a huge RV around and works remotely.

I’m not down to sell the house but I’d totally be up for doing that a couple months out of the year. And I think I’m in a spot where I could actually tell the bosses I’m doing that and they’d be fine with it. I just need to find a trailer big enough to be comfortable but light enough for my 1500 to pull it…or upgrade the truck too

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom