• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Meta GAF |ON| Gaf on Gaf

Thaedolus

Fight him

769879.jpg
Did you and Rentahamster Rentahamster fuck??

Thaedolus

At Costco grabbing a couple things real quick…probably worst day of the year besides tomorrow to go? Skipped the gas line entirely it was so long. I get to the self checkout and my card is decline…wat. I try again, declined. WTF? Try my debit card from my bank, declined…k so I ask someone and they’re like that just means you’re over your limit and I’m like motherfucker I am not over any limit buying a bag of apples and 18 eggs and I tried two different cards! So they take me up front and same deal, then all hell breaks loose as it’s every single register having this issue,

There was an ATM up front so I pulled out cash just before a swarm of people showed up with the same idea and formed a mile long line. What a day for that to happen at Costco.

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
At Costco grabbing a couple things real quick…probably worst day of the year besides tomorrow to go? Skipped the gas line entirely it was so long. I get to the self checkout and my card is decline…wat. I try again, declined. WTF? Try my debit card from my bank, declined…k so I ask someone and they’re like that just means you’re over your limit and I’m like motherfucker I am not over any limit buying a bag of apples and 18 eggs and I tried two different cards! So they take me up front and same deal, then all hell breaks loose as it’s every single register having this issue,

There was an ATM up front so I pulled out cash just before a swarm of people showed up with the same idea and formed a mile long line. What a day for that to happen at Costco.
Costco is what hell for me would be if it actually existed.

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
Two kids a dog and now a cat = financially smart for us. Our rebate between their credit card and in store cash back should be around $2k this year too
Oh yeah, I was a member for years. I know the benefits. Just glad I never have to return.

Large groups of people make me unhappy.

Last edited:

nush

I learned quickly never to go to a Supermarket on a Saturday evening in China, back in the mid 2000's it was hell. Like trying to shop in the middle of a sports event crowd. Now they are basically dead and are just flashy warehouses for online shopping, there's more staff running around fulfilling orders than customers.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Merry Christmas one and all. Today is dinner prep and drinking, tomorrow is... dinner and drinking. Can't wait, only two of us but I'm making enough for 8+ of course.

Whole turkey rubbed with herb butter and left overnight, wrapped in streaky bacon, doing proper gravy from the giblets and juices. Honey parsnips, golden herb roast potatoes, posh stuffing wrapped in bacon on a bed of regular stuffing, nice apple smoked sausages wrapped in streaky bacon for the pigs in blankets. Sprouts with fried pancetta and butter, carrot and swede mash.

Basically, bacon makes everything better as usual.

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
Merry Christmas one and all. Today is dinner prep and drinking, tomorrow is... dinner and drinking. Can't wait, only two of us but I'm making enough for 8+ of course.

Whole turkey rubbed with herb butter and left overnight, wrapped in streaky bacon, doing proper gravy from the giblets and juices. Honey parsnips, golden herb roast potatoes, posh stuffing wrapped in bacon on a bed of regular stuffing, nice apple smoked sausages wrapped in streaky bacon for the pigs in blankets. Sprouts with fried pancetta and butter, carrot and swede mash.

Basically, bacon makes everything better as usual.
What time should the wife and I swing by?

• Strength
Reactions: AV

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
Man, I have been having some really crazy health issues this week. I think it's due to the stress. Haven't been able to eat anything in a few days. I keep getting nauseous. Tried eating dinner last night and couldn't keep it down. Crazy hot flashes randomly. I've been sleeping on the couch, near our big, bay window to help stay cool during the night. No temp, no fever so I don't think it's a cold or virus. I've been depressed as well. Extremely grateful to have my wife help me through this.

Thaedolus

Man, I have been having some really crazy health issues this week. I think it's due to the stress. Haven't been able to eat anything in a few days. I keep getting nauseous. Tried eating dinner last night and couldn't keep it down. Crazy hot flashes randomly. I've been sleeping on the couch, near our big, bay window to help stay cool during the night. No temp, no fever so I don't think it's a cold or virus. I've been depressed as well. Extremely grateful to have my wife help me through this.
Honestly sounds a lot like the stress/anxiety/panic response I had before leaving my last job. I’d wake up in cold sweats and just keep going over work shit in my head all night unable to think about anything else. THC help at all or make it worse? On nights like that I figured I could get lost in music if I got sufficiently stoned and eventually nod off. Also, I found I needed to stick to better exercise routines and kinda burn the stress off.

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
Honestly sounds a lot like the stress/anxiety/panic response I had before leaving my last job. I’d wake up in cold sweats and just keep going over work shit in my head all night unable to think about anything else. THC help at all or make it worse? On nights like that I figured I could get lost in music if I got sufficiently stoned and eventually nod off. Also, I found I needed to stick to better exercise routines and kinda burn the stress off.
I quit the weed on wednesday because I don't want to develop a reliance on it during this time. Plus, if I need a new job I don't want to risk a positive. I do have synthetic urine as an option just in case. Basically, right now the goal is to wrap up work at the end of Jan and take a month off. I'll be looking for work and interviewing, but I definitely want an extended break from having responsibilities for a bit.

Yeah, I need to exercise to combat the depression. Good diet, exercise, and being outside are the methods I've found work best to keep the depression to a minimum. I got diagnosed with severe clinical depression about 15 years ago. I can curb it by focusing on those things. I had some inclination that stress is a trigger for the depression but it's not been this bad in a long, long time. I was on some anti-depressant for a while but hated how it made everything feel fake. So I made it my missions to figure it out without meds.

My attention is completely diminished for the time being. I can't even play games. I'm going to swing by the local hobby shop and pick up a boat model kit. I think that will help because there will be physical, tangible progress. if they're out of stock, I've got these magical puzzle things that might do the trick.

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
Had to go the grocery store for last minute items. Key FOB for my car decided to die. No big deal, just go get the battery for it. Siri can't find the answer. Like, it's a basic search: "battery model for key FOB for car model" like this is the kind of simple shit Siri was made for right? Well, wrong. Had to pull over in the Walgreen's parking lot and Google it.

So I head in and get my battery and also some kind of pie because why not? It's right there at checkout. But not there's five or six people in front of me and the checkout system is clearly not working right.

Anyways, what should have been a fifteen minute trip to the store turned into an hour of hassle, and now I need to figure out how to replace the battery in this FOB.

So anyways merry Christmas.

Thaedolus

I’m at my parents’ with the kids waiting to go to dinner at a local Mexican restaurant tonight, which has become our new Christmas Eve tradition. Wife is at work until 3. Put the toddler down for a nap in my parents’ bed, got Whinnie the Pooh on for the 4 year old. Saw my dad out front doing something, decided to moon him with full on buttcheeks on the window. He almost fell over laughing. All is well.

ThatGamingDude

I am a virgin
I’m at my parents’ with the kids waiting to go to dinner at a local Mexican restaurant tonight, which has become our new Christmas Eve tradition. Wife is at work until 3. Put the toddler down for a nap in my parents’ bed, got Whinnie the Pooh on for the 4 year old. Saw my dad out front doing something, decided to moon him with full on buttcheeks on the window. He almost fell over laughing. All is well.
Mexican restaurant open on Christmas Eve?
Sounds like a southwest taco shop lol
That -ertos meal

Thaedolus

Mexican restaurant open on Christmas Eve?
Sounds like a southwest taco shop lol
That -ertos meal
I shan’t cast dispersions on the -ertoses of the world but nah this place is legit. Like my wife and I have gone for our anniversary legit. It does close by 5 on Christmas Eve tho.

We all made it home and are cozied up by the fire in our Christmas Jammies now, and the new kitty is just hanging out instead of hiding so things are good

Thaedolus

Some family drama on the wife’s side….the kind that just won’t end well. But! I received the Top Gun/Top Gun Maverik 4K Blu ray I wanted, so ya know, not all bad.

My wife might go and murder her mother tomorrow but I’ll just be in the danger zone

Thaedolus

Wife’s aunt had something come up where she can’t go on a cruise next month, can’t get a refund but can transfer to us, offered to watch our kids. Sounds like we just got ourselves an inexpensive week long vacation…

Last edited:

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
Wife had her college friend over. The friend brought her husband over and he was like the coolest fucking dude. I had such a blast meeting them both and playing games together. They brought over this board game that was phenomenal called War of Whispers.

What a fantastic day.

Last edited:

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
Waiting most your life to own a home where you can blast movies and video games on your surround sound, get angry texts from your wife telling you to turn it down because the kids are going to bed 😤

Top Gun Maverick 4K Blu-ray was pretty dope though

Going out of your way to give her every means possible to play any game or stream any show she wanted to on like five different devices, and yet she still comes and takes the Steam Deck that she previously showed no interest in.

Top Bottom