• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Meta GAF |ON| Gaf on Gaf

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch

Peggies

Gold Member
Aha, I didn't know they had a band. Gonna listen into it. Thanks!

Soooo, no one has watched the nerve wracking drama "Return to Paradise"?
The movie where Joaquin Phoenix faces death penalty in a Malaysian jail for weed possession and his buddies Vince Vaughn and some other guy have to return and take some of the blame and jail time to save him? Anne Heche is Joaquin's atorney and sister and tries to convince Vince Vaughn and the other dude to go back but obviously they're like "Hell No, Anne Heche, will I go back and do time in jail in Malaysia" but then she and Vince Vaughn hook up and then he's like "Yeah well ok then, I'll go back then."

Heart Warming!
kate mckinnon awww GIF by Saturday Night Live

*Nightwing

What did I miss?

I saw *Nightwing *Nightwing is back, yay!
Sorry for seeing this so late!!

It’s nice to be noticed when mainly lurking, but that speaks more of how awesome and caring Peggies Peggies is.

I had a little disagreement with moderation and bailed out right before you posted this. They deleted a post of mine attacking another user in response to them attacking me, but didn’t do anything to the poster who started it with me hence not actually investigating thier claim before moderating. I said I was done and asked to be banned or not, but I won’t return.

I mainly shit post, so I just realized I have grown to far apart from this site if all I have left is slowly becoming a troll here. I don’t find any value left in posting beyond my own personal pettiness….

Speaking of, I came back specifically to be very petty:
Sacking Tuchel was wrong timing, but right move given the fact he had lost the dressing room and we had stalled under him, he seemed to have lost his love for football due to his public divorce and stories coming out over his handling of players only confirm that.

You can also analyse how we had been getting worse with every game on from Tuchel's 50th match as Chelsea boss and the downward trend was showing no chance of slowing.

Potter is hands down the best property out there in management aside from Pep and Klopp in the Premier League and if it goes how it should, we will finally become challengers again.

Todd is already implementing plans that we've wanted at Chelsea for years, a new scouting department after the failures of Scott McLachlan, a proper Sporting and Technical Director coming in after years of not having one since Emenalo left. Moving to more statistical based recruitment for players instead of stupidly signing players based on who Roman liked and didn't like. And the City inspired multi club plan to make a network of affiliate clubs is 100% the way to go for developing youth talents at top clubs and it's great that we're joining the trend.

It's not been a smooth start as we've been trying to spin a thousands plates at once, but now the window is over we can focus on implementing the infrastructure needed to push on as a club from January.

I get if you only blindly listen to pundits on Sky and TalkSport it can paint a negative picture, but please actually do the research, you'll find that the koolaid actually tastes surprisingly good 👍🏼
21/22 season ending:
4rOS3Id.png

22/23 season ending
0dHddig.png

DonJorginho DonJorginho ; looks like the data shows one of us knew what we were talking about with Chelsea’s season and management. & I guess pundits get paid for a reason and your opinion on football is free and unwelcome for a reason as well…. How’s that kool aid taste now?!

GAF; I love you but I’m not in love with you anymore. I’m going my own way and wish you all the best. Stay true to yourselves and follow your hearts as long as it doesn’t hurt anyone else and you can do no wrong. I’ll always love you all despite being incommunicado and removing myself from posting here.

0wAS9uE.gif

tM54MMe.gif

DonJorginho

Banned
DonJorginho DonJorginho ; looks like the data shows one of us knew what we were talking about with Chelsea’s season and management. & I guess pundits get paid for a reason and your opinion on football is free and unwelcome for a reason as well…. How’s that kool aid taste now?!
Blah blah blah, very lazy "punditry" to compare the table from one year to another and take that as the evidence you've been proven right. Newsflash, you haven't lmao.

For sure this season has been a disgrace, more than anyone could've ever predicted, but the structure is clearly there in place for us to succeed and we've made promising signings which with the right reinforcements and clearouts in the summer (hopefully selling the likes of Mason Mount and signing a competent striker/goalkeeper) will definitely put us in a good place to challenge again, will we be right up there with City immediately? Of course not, but top 4 and a cup is something we could easily attain if we screw our football brains on right.

Pochettino is a class appointment and the perfect project manager, and Tuchel's dismal run at Bayern proves that Boehly wasn't in the wrong to dismiss him from Chelsea. We also have appointed some great footballing minds to the club, Joe Shields, Laurence Stewart, Paul Winstanley and Christopher Vivell all have an amazing track record with other clubs and will now take over the day to day footballing business away from Boehly (thank the lord).

The kool aid still tastes pretty damn good from here buddy, if we're not making any progress within the next 18 months however it may begin to taste a bit stale.

And oh look! Here's a pundit (people in the sport you clearly rate very highly) agreeing with my point of view! Funny that.

Now I could feel a sense of melancholy surrounding your departure, but after seeing your frankly quite childish levels of pettiness, I'm sure we won't be missing anything on here with your absence.

Sayonara!

Last edited:

haxan7

Volunteered as Tribute
Had a bit of a health scare this morning.

Woke up with shooting pain in my lower stomach, I thought it was appendicitis.

Turns out I was just full of gas and needed to take a massive dump.
After I first became a woman I had a similar experience. I thought I was getting my first period. Turned out I just had to drop out a massive load.

Peggies

Gold Member
Sorry for seeing this so late!!

It’s nice to be noticed when mainly lurking, but that speaks more of how awesome and caring Peggies Peggies is.

I had a little disagreement with moderation and bailed out right before you posted this. They deleted a post of mine attacking another user in response to them attacking me, but didn’t do anything to the poster who started it with me hence not actually investigating thier claim before moderating. I said I was done and asked to be banned or not, but I won’t return.

I mainly shit post, so I just realized I have grown to far apart from this site if all I have left is slowly becoming a troll here. I don’t find any value left in posting beyond my own personal pettiness….

Speaking of, I came back specifically to be very petty:

21/22 season ending:
4rOS3Id.png

22/23 season ending
0dHddig.png

GAF; I love you but I’m not in love with you anymore. I’m going my own way and wish you all the best. Stay true to yourselves and follow your hearts as long as it doesn’t hurt anyone else and you can do no wrong. I’ll always love you all despite being incommunicado and removing myself from posting here.

0wAS9uE.gif

tM54MMe.gif
animation goodbye GIF

badblue

Call me paranoid but... ever since chatGPT hit the mainstream, a lot of GAF posts got suspiciously a lot longer and verbose.
I understand your concern, but I assure you that the increased length and verbosity of some GAF posts is not necessarily a result of ChatGPT or any specific AI model. While it's true that AI language models like ChatGPT have gained popularity and become more widely used, it's important to consider other factors that could contribute to longer and more detailed posts.

Firstly, the expansion of online communities and forums over the years has led to a greater diversity of participants. As the user base grows, so does the variety of writing styles, preferences, and expertise. It's natural to encounter individuals who prefer to express their thoughts in a more elaborate manner. This tendency might not be directly influenced by AI models but rather reflects the evolving nature of online communication.

Secondly, the availability of more information and resources has made it easier for users to conduct thorough research before posting. With the internet providing vast amounts of information at our fingertips, individuals may feel inclined to include more details, references, and examples to support their arguments or discussions. This results in longer and more intricate posts, but it's not necessarily a consequence of AI models.

Furthermore, the increasing prevalence of AI tools and language models like ChatGPT has allowed users to explore more complex topics and engage in in-depth conversations. These models can assist users in generating detailed responses or explanations, making it easier for individuals to articulate their thoughts extensively.

In summary, while AI language models like ChatGPT may contribute to the overall growth and complexity of online discussions, it's essential to consider other factors such as the expansion of online communities and the availability of information. The longer and more verbose nature of some GAF posts likely stems from the changing dynamics of online communication rather than being solely attributed to AI models.

Poor little Baby Peggies Nr. 1. He's really interested in little girls but whenever he toddles towards one of them they just look at him with disdain and go away.

Heartbreaking to see his little face turning all confused and disappointed.

My husband saying "Yep son, better get used to that".
Has he tried approaching the young lady with a Cadburys Milk Tray?

Last edited:

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
It was “a thoughtful response unlike OP.” Pretty mild, all things considered, so I’ve deleted the warning.
Thanks. It's a pretty rowdy thread and I don't feel like I was being any worse than others. Going to chill out anyway. I can dig my heels in from time to time.

badblue

Today's the day you glorious mofos.

OfR4Opj.gif

I kind of feel like I'm the only one no longer pumped for Diablo 4.

Blizzard-Activision seems to be ok with deceiving us. I get that things change... but I look at Overwatch and the handling of PvE and OW2 in general and then to Call of Duty and the issues there. How do I know the same thing isn't going to happen to Diablo 4. Not to mention the gratuitous monetization in both games.

"Once bitten, Twice shy" for me I guess.

Top Bottom