• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Meta GAF |ON| Gaf on Gaf

teezzy

Banned
Good call here, god mode Tony Hawks for kids. The demo was free and we enjoyed it, never going to buy it with that license tho.

It's honestly not bad at all if you just wanna mess around in free skate with some buds. Manuals are a little goofy but whatever.

-Arcadia-

Banned
FHTbS7s.jpg

boBveou.png

I genuinely thought Weilthain was back for a second. :messenger_pensive:

teezzy

Banned
Wii and Wii U proved that controllers really don't need more innovation. Just look how useless HD rumble was on Switch.

A service like GamePass is 10x more important to the industry than some fancy new controller will ever be.

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Wii and Wii U proved that controllers really don't need more innovation. Just look how useless HD rumble was on Switch.

A service like GamePass is 10x more important to the industry than some fancy new controller will ever be.
Business models will be more important than input innovations.

lol okay. Most controller innovations are duds, don't get me wrong, but Nintendo's attempts at controller innovation is the one thing they consistently get right.

teezzy

Banned
Business models will be more important than input innovations.

lol okay. Most controller innovations are duds, don't get me wrong, but Nintendo's attempts at controller innovation is the one thing they consistently get right.

Agreed, that's why we all primarily play with motion controls and controllers with giant touch screens in the middle currently.

🤗

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Most gamers don't play fighters. I have a big ass Hayabusa myself but I don't even play online anymore lol. (3 years)
I try to play any game that doesn't need dual analog with an arcade stick, personally. Side-scrolling platformers and metroidvanias, puzzle games, shmups, fighting games, arcade games (obviously), old 16-32 bit sports games, etc. Sticks are so comfy compared to normal controllers, especially for longer play sessions. But most people don't get them for comfort, they get them because "you need one if you're playing such-and-such genre" and then don't use em for anything else. Sad state of affairs.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
I try to play any game that doesn't need dual analog with an arcade stick, personally. Side-scrolling platformers and metroidvanias, puzzle games, shmups, fighting games, arcade games (obviously), old 16-32 bit sports games, etc. Sticks are so comfy compared to normal controllers, especially for longer play sessions. But most people don't get them for comfort, they get them because "you need one if you're playing such-and-such genre" and then don't use em for anything else. Sad state of affairs.
I play SoR4 with it and Dragon's Crown but the later needs the r-stick to map items/spells so I sorta handicap myself. I would use it for platformers as well but mine isn't as small as teezzy teezzy 's so it does wear me out.

teezzy

Banned
@SLoWMoTIoN That's a modded Wii stick I currently use mostly for Tekken 7 on PC. I have larger ones I use for PS2 and Xbox. I honestly prefer the size of that Wii stick though, works well since there's Sanwa parts in there - also bat tops and octagonal gates are always dope.

Last edited:

Innovation and change is going to happen no matter what. It's an inevitable part of technological advancement, good or bad.

Nymphae

Banned
Sticks are so comfy compared to normal controllers, especially for longer play sessions. But most people don't get them for comfort, they get them because "you need one if you're playing such-and-such genre" and then don't use em for anything else. Sad state of affairs.

I mean what else are you supposed to use it for besides the genres that most commonly use sticks (fighters, top/side shooters/puzzle)? I had luck using it with Amplitude, but it's basically an action puzzle game with few controls.

Nymphae

Banned
Sticks only work with the more arcade focused genres.

I've been meaning to try mine out with Olli Olli but I feel like rotation won't feel intuitive since I need to keep a finger on the X button a lot and then have two fingers available for rotating, it just plays really well with a thumbstick and shoulder buttons, but the trick analog motions are begging for a stick.

Tesseract

Banned
hell yeah, that's the way

O-N-E

That was a great showing for PS5.

Really like the new down to business style. Hope they stick with it.

Edit: Also the collection is a killer. Didn't think I'd be tempted to buy at launch, but I am now.

Last edited:

O-N-E

It was shite. Bunch of remakes, ports and last gen games. Cringe. I'd be happier for another anime arena fighter.

This is the least surprising thing to hear from you.

This is amazing for a console that hasn't even launched.

Nymphae

Banned
Perhaps some vidya historians here can remember, how long was the backwards compatible PS3 on shelves before they nixed that?

Does anyone think that they would drop the PS5 disc version at some point? The only reason I want one at launch is because I'm paranoid that they will sell out and I'll get fucked out of one somehow, I'm not buying an all digital console.

brap

Banned
Perhaps some vidya historians here can remember, how long was the backwards compatible PS3 on shelves before they nixed that?

Does anyone think that they would drop the PS5 disc version at some point? The only reason I want one at launch is because I'm paranoid that they will sell out and I'll get fucked out of one somehow, I'm not buying an all digital console.
Never.

This is the least surprising thing to hear from you.

This is amazing for a console that hasn't even launched.
I'm right though so what's the problem?

ThatGamingDude

I am a virgin
Ynd1mYS-PK6q3UiC8HlLnUw7XLzzCwmXlCvRGaWqQOk.png

It kind of depends on your area; the old models COULD have stuck on shelves for quite a bit before they got through to the new skus/models

I wanna say I had trouble finding them in stores in like...2008 or 2009, and prices on ebay for them were kind of whack

-Arcadia-

Banned
(Slams storm shelter door to the rest of Neogaf behind me)

It’s getting bad out there. :messenger_hushed:

Around the time I heard Horizon 2 was a PS4 game, and Demon’s Souls might head to Xbox, I just launched into a full run, to be safe.

-Arcadia-

Banned
Well, I’m getting a PS5. I can’t say no to Souls and Miles Morales for launch. Those are the fun, great looking games I’ve been wanting from next-gen. One would hope for more than two, but it is what it is.

May still be getting a Series X as well, because I’m crazy (I just really like the design and hardware), but definitely PS5 first.

Fuck this next-gen noise. There is no exclusive game from either Sony or Microsoft that makes me want to play it the same day or month it releases. I haven't been genuinely excited for a console launch since MotorStorm on the PS3 and there isn't even a cool arcade racer for PS5. This new generation of console gaming isn't for me. $70+ for a remake of a decade old game in a genre I don't even care about (Souls). You could have remade SOCOM or Syphon Filter or Jet Moto. Especially Jet Moto. I miss Jet Moto. I miss the old PlayStation. I'm sticking to PC games and Nintendo.

Last edited:
Top Bottom