• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread: Made you wait, didn't I?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like the "Way too soon, not enough marketing." XD Bruh, they've shown footage at every major event in the past two years for this game. It's happening!!!!!!

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
There is no way it's coming out in February. It would've had a firm date months ago. What with printing discs and distribution and QA, games are essentially content locked and complete months before release so publishers can set dates well in advance. There's a chance, but I think it's slim as hell, and I don't see it.

Chinner

Banned
I like the "Way too soon, not enough marketing." XD Bruh, they've shown footage at every major event in the past two years for this game. It's happening!!!!!!

Not really the same as traditional marketing. You'll appeal to the gamers, but you're not addressing the masses.

They would have changed it to 3/31 then. You don't change it to something that specific.

You could say any day and it will be too specific.

Not really the same as traditional marketing. You'll appeal to the gamers, but you're not addressing the masses.

When's the last time you saw an ad for MGS on TV, though? You know what I mean? Like, I remember MGS4 having one ad and it was almost exclusively shown on some of the smaller Turner networks in the US!

TeamBatzi is looking more and more attractive by the hour.

#TeamBatzi so damn fine.

Batzi

Banned

True. The hype machine has been rolling since PAX Prim 2012.
Exactly. The game has been shown enough. In fact, we were sold on it since 2012. LOL. Seriously, we saw enough. But then again, MGO may not be ready in February so don't count on it to be included.
TeamBatzi is looking more and more attractive by the hour.

#TeamBatzi so damn fine.
Yes!!

mzupeman

Banned
There's a guy on reddit who claims to work at a major retail store and says the release date just changed from 12/31/2014 to 2/24/2015

That could very well be another placeholder date, but someone else in this thread already mentioned a possible February release:

I didn't want to hype myself up, but fuck it. #teamBatzi #teamFebruary

As much as I would love for my tip (which I reported quite some time ago) for a February release to come true, it's two months away. I remain as skeptical as anyone else at this point. I did originally tell people up front to take that tip with a huge grain of salt... And I'd just like to remind everyone of that. Hype trains are fun, I know, but usually lead to disappointment.

But, Kojima does things against the grain quite often. You just never know. And, if it DOES come true, well, you know where you heard it first ;)

JayEH

The marketing for the "casual"/"mainstream" audience doesn't really begin until a couple of weeks before launch. It's like that for every game. The hardcore has seen enough and is already sold.

Murkrow

Banned
Is it happening? It can't be true. If this is true.. The DLC is available early 2015 right. It has to be true right? No, but it can't be. What's with team Tshirt, was that a troll from Kojima all along. Where do you guys stand now?

Team T-Shirt or Team RedditGuy?

JayEH

i'd be happy to be proven wrong by the way, i just don't know why you guys need a hype train for everything.

Hop on or get out the way. CHO CHO MOTHERFUCKERS.

tumblr_inline_nbvibuXAcE1r89lzq.jpg

Rhaxas

Weren't the voice actors still doing recording? February seems too soon. Still, if they can manage to get the game out by then, i'll be happy.

Weren't the voice actors still doing recording? February seems too soon. Still, if they can manage to get the game out by then, i'll be happy.

according to someone earlier in this thread (my apologies, i cannot remember), mgs4 had recording sessions with hayter really late in development. within a few weeks of going gold.

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member

adding sounds files to a game is the easiest thing, especially if they're just tapes and codecs that dont need any animation to go with them

If they're in alpha there's no way they'd hit a Feb release date for MGO. Where is that pic from? I didn't see the Twitter account tweet it out.

https://twitter.com/MGSagaWorld/status/546790568748392448

Could be fellow GAF user trolling, though?

Åesop;144329236 said:
Rare case of GAF MEMBER>INTERNET>GAF.. That's actually one of my fake pictures that I posted in the MGO facebook group yesterday ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) That announcement thing for KPalert was just a guess haha

Oz2L0qP.png

Just make sure stuff is real before you post it to avoid misinformation.

Or give a warning that it's fake.

XD Well, why should I assume someone is going to doctor an image of Metal Gear Online? The information was posted by a Reddit user who I have talked to in the past. I think he, himself, is trustworthy, but was simply sharing what he had come across just like I did.

-Deimos

XD Well, why should I assume someone is going to doctor an image of Metal Gear Online? The information was posted by a Reddit user who I have talked to in the past. I think he, himself, is trustworthy, but was simply sharing what he had come across just like I did.

Because the world is full of crazy people.

JayEH

I think someone confirmed in the other thread that the software in the gamefaqs/reddit pics is actually used at retailers. With two different sources of this I think it's safe to say it's real. Whether it's the actual release date and not a Konami fuck up is another story.

I love how the "most hardcore MGS fans" give him so much shit, yet he's the one actually doing something to spread the word about the game.

I don't have a problem with him. He just gets his videos up super late and most of the information is already out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom