• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread: Made you wait, didn't I?

Status
Not open for further replies.
i'm glad finals are done. i will be refreshing these threads and gaf every 5 minutes until that kojima station. everything else in my life is background noise

Palpable

No YongYea
Bullshit.png
here please.

Amen

I don't have a problem with him. He just gets his videos up super late and most of the information is already out there.

True. But remember, his audience isn't necessarily us. It's the people who want to have somewhere to go to have all of the info in one place. Also, I think his analysis videos are great!

Rajang

No YongYea
Bullshit.png
here please.

LOL. The guy steals info from very respected Metal Gear sites like Metal-gear.net, junkerhq, snakesoup etc and never credits them. The people who run those sites hate his guts. He also monetizes Konami videos from TGS that he's not even allowed to and then cries on YouTube that Konami pulls his videos and that it's an "attack on the NASIAN". He is clueless on alot of topics, most recent example is his talk about MGO. He has never played MGO and talks out of his ass. Not that it's surprising, he has only been playing MGS games since 2 years.

"Join the Nasian, because every gamer needs an Asian" <-- was an actual tagline for his channel.

"Aaaand YONG out."

What a fucking muppet.

Anyway here is a picture of DD.

Metal-Gear-Solid-V-DD-2.jpg

:>

So adorable.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
lol you cry babies. Nobody forces you to watch his videos. Oh and about his stuff being late all the time is not true. Only his analysis videos are late but that's because those videos are always very detailed, for example his E3 2014 trailer breakdown was amazing.

So yeah haters be damned.

JayEH

The only problem I have with Yong is that he calls his channel the Nasian. And I'll leave the conversation at that.

The only problem I have with Yong is that he calls his channel the Nasian. And I'll leave the conversation at that.

I looked up what that meant and my only feeling about it and his use of it is this:

question-31842991.jpeg

I read up on what it meant and wow, racism alive and well.

JayEH

I looked up what that meant and my only feeling about it and his use of it is this:

question-31842991.jpeg

I read up on what it meant and wow, racism alive and well.

Lol didn't even realize that had any negative connotation to it. I just thought it was so dumb he made up.

JayEH

I still think we're getting a release date this week. #TeamBatzi

And I'm still #TeamFebruary as well. Tora doesn't want to ruin Kojima's surprise.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
I still think we're getting a release date this week. #TeamBatzi

And I'm still #TeamFebruary as well. Tora doesn't want to ruin Kojima's surprise.

Dude let it go. Tora words his posts like they have nothing to announce anytime soon.

Oh and someone call Ocelot to torture Batzi :smugface:

JayEH

Dude let it go. Tora words his posts like they have nothing to announce anytime soon.

Oh and someone call Ocelot to torture Batzi :smugface:

I'll let it go when you let go of #TeamA or
when Kojima station comes and nothing happens.

#TeamBatzi

tora's post doesn't do anything to lead me to believe that they won't announce a release date on christmas. it certainly did confirm that february isn't happening though.

Murkrow

Banned
tora's post doesn't do anything to lead me to believe that they won't announce a release date on christmas. it certainly did confirm that february isn't happening though.

You should read carefully. He said: It's nothing confirmed yet. Which basically means, it will be announced very soon.

Just because the release isn't February doesn't mean we won't get an announcement on Thursday. The two aren't mutually exclusive. Still falls in line with the shirt theories and COMING 1984. He has probably had a window in mind for a while now.

Also:
ijP6xFGq9aNto.gif

Tora usually used to respond to these release date conspiracy theories by saying that one hasn't been "decided upon", right? And saying that when one had been decided Konami would be shouting it from the rooftops. But in this case, he just says they haven't announced one yet.

Rajang

I'm still #TeamBatzi but I highly doubt its a february release.

He always credits them when he does get the info.

But like Sn4ke_911 said, haters be damned.

I unsubscribed to him a while ago but from the video's I've seen he doesnt credit them. Show me one video where he credits those sources. Those Metal Gear websites have been there since the beginning, always revealing new information and doing translations. Now the two year old 'Metal Gear fan' gets all the credits for their info.

But I do agree that some of his analysis videos are great.

Hey guys, quick question regarding Ground Zeroes. Has anybody played this on both current and last gen consoles? All of the reviews I see of either version mostly complain about the length, which is not an issue for me. I'm more interested in how this will affect the quality of the last gen version of The Phantom Pain.

I know that the last gen version of Ground Zeroes generally has toned down effects and a lower framerate, but do you guys think that it is still playable / generally adequate?

JayEH

Hey guys, quick question regarding Ground Zeroes. Has anybody played this on both current and last gen consoles? All of the reviews I see of either version mostly complain about the length, which is not an issue for me. I'm more interested in how this will affect the quality of the last gen version of The Phantom Pain.

I know that the last gen version of Ground Zeroes generally has toned down effects and a lower framerate, but do you guys think that it is still playable / generally adequate?

I've played them both. The game still looks pretty good considering the hardware. Frame rate does dip from time to time but nothing unplayable.

Here's an article you should read though. It has an in depth analysis regarding everything on the technical end of the game and has videos showing off frame rate. http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2014-metal-gear-solid-ground-zeroes-face-off

I was checking reddit to see if they had found out any new information in the files of Ground Zeroes and it turns out they found some assets in the memory from TPP.

It confirms three locations:

Cyprus
Afghanistan
Middle Africa

The first one is easy because there is a map of Cyprus on the back wall while the Doctor(I'm assuming it's actually Madnar since it looks so much like him) informs Big Boss he's been in a coma, and again when the nurse is surprised that Big Boss woke up.

Africa was already confirmed through the demos and trailers recently, and of course the old Fox Engine demo with the child soldier and the Rhodesian Ridgeback.

Hmm... I hope there's more than Middle Africa. That includes places like Chad (one of the places Ocelot said he fought in MGS1), Angola (Where Miller told
Zero/Cipher
about a "site" in the secret Peace Walker phone call) and the Democratic Republic of Congo (where people were speculating the latest demo was) but unfortunately, I don't believe that includes Rhodesia/Mozambique which is where Big Boss encountered Gray Fox and Naomi! But then it also doesn't include South Africa where Big Boss creates Outer Heaven, so who knows. "Middle Africa" may just be one map of many that take place on the African continent.

JayEH

There's a lot of theories to where that TGS demo took place. The soldiers were speaking Afrikaans but the area on the map seemed like Congo.

RogueAgent is right though, there's a bunch of places Big Boss needs to visit and I hope we get to see it all since this is his last game.

This just occurred to me... Miller never said a "site in Angola" but rather "a site NEAR Angola". And calling where Big Boss was in the last demo "Middle Africa" seems to be taking from MGS4 in that it's a vague and unspecific like "the Middle East", "South America" etc.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UMa5TgX624Q&t=0m50s

Could the Africa demo location be where the "site" that Miller told
Zero/Cipher
about is located? Could that be why Snake is there?

Edit:

Hah, also according to that reddit post Camp Omega is referred to as "guantanamo" in the code! Who knows then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom