• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread: Made you wait, didn't I?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey i'm replaying everything to catch up on story for Ground Zeroes/TPP.

I never played PEace Walker though and now have the HD Collection.

I've heard though that to get the full story you have to grind a lot- is there a guide to get the basics done so I just get the important story? I'm not too interested in 100%ing it, or multiplayer, or trophies, just the story.

Just play all of the story missions and after that you have to do some side mission to unlock the true ending,

Just play all of the story missions and after that you have to do some side mission to unlock the true ending,

What you mean is he has to grind for the MGZ (Metal Gear Zeke) parts and only when you have them all, you go to Extra ops 1 or 3 I believe and you'll trigger a cutscene when you g up the stairs. After that you'll see a new story mission unlocking. Grinding of course is you fight the A.I bosses and not damage the parts you want so that when Snake gets inside the A.I you could steal the parts otherwise if damaged, you couldn't.

What you mean is he has to grind for the MGZ (Metal Gear Zeke) parts and only when you have them all, you go to Extra ops 1 or 3 I believe and you'll trigger a cutscene when you g up the stairs. After that you'll see a new story mission unlocking. Grinding of course is you fight the A.I bosses and not damage the parts you want so that when Snake gets inside the A.I you could steal the parts otherwise if damaged, you couldn't.

No I mean that he has to do random side missions to unlock
the 6 Zadornov missions

Pinewood

Going for the parts wasn't that hard, I did the Pupa and Chrysalis battles from story, were easy enough with upgraded gear.

Unlocked the secret ending, will most plossibly try GZ today.

Going for the parts wasn't that hard, I did the Pupa and Chrysalis battles from story, were easy enough with upgraded gear.

Unlocked the secret ending, will most plossibly try GZ today.

As long as you grind for rank A/S soldiers and POW's then yeah sure but other then that you're fucked. I didn't know about this shit until I was way far in the game. Each boss battle lasted me 30+ minutes easily that is until I knew that you should grind for rank A/S recruits. I would have saved alot of time and the game would have been more fun, in my experience atleast.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
BROTHERRRRRRSSSSS!

funny-Doge-hat-style-clothe-dog.jpg

Pinewood

As long as you grind for rank A/S soldiers and POW's then yeah sure but other then that you're fucked. I didn't know about this shit until I was way far in the game. Each boss battle lasted me 30+ minutes easily that is until I knew that you should grind for rank A/S recruits. I would have saved alot of time and the game would have been more fun, in my experience atleast.

Yeah, I didn't know about soldier ranking too and just randomly fultoned soldiers, POW-s. Now I have a shit-ton on D-listers and my mother base is full. Need to start getting better soldiers.

My boss battles were long too, but just saying that after you go for the Pupa battle after finishing story it's really easy.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
One thing is for sure, when the game goes gold Konami will take a lot of time marketing the shit outta their biggest game yet. Meaning tv ad's, release world tours, special events, interviews, play sessions, maybe another Game Informer cover story like with GZ? ...sending review copies out... if the game is really THAT big the press needs to have a lot of time with the game until they can review it.

Maybe new story trailer? CO-OP trailer? base building gameplay presentation?

And on top of all that, the game isn't even finished yet. So yeah, this will be a loooooooooooong wait until we get this game in our hands :/

Dawg

One thing is for sure, when the game goes gold Konami will take a lot of time marketing the shit outta their biggest game yet. Meaning tv ad's, release world tours, special events, interviews, play sessions, maybe another Game Informer cover story like with GZ? ...sending review copies out... if the game is really THAT big the press needs to have a lot of time with the game until they can review it.

And on top of all that, the game isn't even finished yet. So yeah, this will be a loooooooooooong wait until we get this game in our hands :/

I am now imagining playing this game 2 weeks before all of you
leuhkikcskn4.gif

I am now imagining playing this game 2 weeks before all of you
leuhkikcskn4.gif

giphy.gif

Dawg

Truth be told, Konami PR likes to hate our site. I got Rising like one week after release!

I'm getting the CE anyway though, review copy or not
leuhkikcskn4.gif

kojima said on twitter late yesterday that he was in "crunch time of development"

i think that bodes well for a first-half 2015 release

Dawg

That's emotional and all but at this point of time we don't care. We want a release date.

Batzi anger level:

|------------------------------------------------------------|--|

Batzi patience level

|-----|---------------------------------------------------------|

Conclusion: need release date ASAP or shit is gonna go down.

Batzi

Banned
Batzi anger level:

|------------------------------------------------------------|--|

Batzi patience level

|-----|---------------------------------------------------------|

Conclusion: need release date ASAP or shit is gonna go down.
I'm a very patient guy but there is a certain theshold to which my patience limits itself. Kojima is testing my patience.

2015-01-0715_24_33-hi14sbu.png

How? don't you think Konami wants to market this game after it's done like there is no tomorrow?

i just meant that "crunch time" is generally associated with the end of development. an indirect way of saying the game is coming sooner rather than later.

I'm not trolling. I'm a Playstation/Sony fanboy. Even if I was not, you can't blame Metal Gear fans for associating their beloved franchise with the Playstation brand. Sorry but that's the truth.

save this nonsense for another thread please.

Dawg

I'm a very patient guy but there is a certain theshold to which my patience limits itself. Kojima is testing my patience.

Batzi, I feel you. I still remember us thinking E3 2014 would be the time when we'd receive the release date.

And then Gamescom.

And then TGS.

And then PSX.

And then Kojima Station.

Batzi

Banned
save this nonsense for another thread please.
It might be nonsense to you but to many of us it's reality. We like to enjoy Metal Gear the way we got used to enjoy it which is on the Playstation. Nobody's forcing you to buy it on a PS3/4. But whether you like it or not, Metal Gear will ALWAYS be associated with Sony and Playstation.

Batzi

Banned
Batzi, I feel you. I still remember us thinking E3 2014 would be the time when we'd receive the release date.

And then Gamescom.

And then TGS.

And then PSX.

And then Kojima Station.
May not be Destination Playstation either. Announcing a release date at GDC is unusual. I see it happening at a special Metal Gear event organised by Konami where the release date, box art, Limited Editions, merchandise, world tours etc will all be announced at once. Oh and the new trailer too.

It might be nonsense to you but to many of us it's reality. We like to enjoy Metal Gear the way we got used to enjoy it which is on the Playstation. Nobody's forcing you to buy it on a PS3/4. But whether you like it or not, Metal Gear will ALWAYS be associated with Sony and Playstation.

a grown man actively wishing that others cannot play a video game for nothing other than brand loyalty IS nonsense

Batzi

Banned
a grown man actively wishing that others cannot play a video game for nothing other than brand loyalty IS nonsense
I never said it should be exclusive. I said the franchise is associated with Playstation, that's why most of us get it on Playstation.

I have both consoles and I will be picking it up on whatever one has the largest player base from here/other friends. Really looking forward to MGO

I never said it should be exclusive. I said the franchise is associated with Playstation, that's why most of us get it on Playstation.

not quite sure what you're point is then, but either way. i don't want to derail the thread from mgsv hype/speculation

Batzi

Banned
Kojima tweeted this picture

B6wNmExCEAEuJXl.jpg

I see two bottles.

Two = 02
Bottles look like an 11 to me.

We know it's not coming in February so 02/11/2015? That is November the 2nd 2015. Falls on a Monday.

Or release date announcement coming February 11th?

Mista

Banned
Spoiler about MGS in general:

Its sooo smart to know that we're going to play a game (MGSV) where we know that today the main character is dead!

He's sooo smart!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom