• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread: Made you wait, didn't I?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yong Yea (via Facebook):
The commentary for the MGO3 trailer analysis by itself is a little over 55 minutes long, so the full video should clock at around an hour. This is definitely going to be my longest analysis yet.

Nice. It's been so long that I forgot this was even pending from him.

Nice, can't wait!

Nice. It's been so long that I forgot this was even pending from him.

Yeah!! I can't wait. He has a habit of picking up on things many of us miss.

Also, Sn4ke_911 please stop spamming me with this tweet!
leuhkikcskn4.gif

gY44jZo.png

Things I've noticed: the trailer shows around 15-16 opponents vs Snake's team of 8, might not mean anything.
You can see the gun sights direction of partners, similar to Quiet's.
The rideable metal gear is almost the same as the one at the end of the 2013 trailer, but with different armour or something.
Shields with Liquid Strike Force written on them.
Anything else which isn't blindingly obvious?

LOL I would have thought Sn4ke, Love, and Dawg would be Top 3.

Heh! What can I say? I was a bit of a late bloomer.
leuhkikcskn4.gif
Initially, I had only posted in MGS-related threads in Gaming, but the more in-depth discussions began taking place here after the E3 Gameplay Demo thread, so I decided I should make the switch as well! I'm going to shit-post my way to the top of the next community thread, though. Believe it!

Skullface

Heh! What can I say? I was a bit of a late bloomer.
leuhkikcskn4.gif
Initially, I had only posted in MGS-related threads in Gaming, but the more in-depth discussions began taking place here after the E3 Gameplay Demo thread, so I decided I should make the switch as well! I'm going to shit-post my way to the top of the next community thread, though. Believe it!

Rajang

Love Deterrence

Change back your avatar.The previous one was so much better.

Btw I added everyone on PSN who sent me a PM (to play some PW Coop). Anyone else interested? Need to recruit some high rank soldiers or finish a mission? Just send me a PM and I'll add you guys. I also created a GAF PW chatroom on PSN as well, will make communicating way easier when playing Coop.

Man that Kefka video just reaffirmed that this will be the most amazing MGS game in the history of the series, and I really think March might be the release date.

If it's not I won't be upset.

I won't.

Dawg

We tried to keep MGS on the frontpage, but they pushed us out.

Give it back! That wasn't right, that was ours! We built it, dammit!

Dawg

I keep rewatching the story trailers and wondering how cool it will be to get out of that coma and let the legend come back to live. Nine years without Big Boss, starting over from scratch. Building my army. Doing missions with D.D. Customizing my mother base. Infiltrating Sn4ke's base and stealing his shit. See Big Boss become the demon.

It's too much ;_;

I managed to get a couple of hours on PW last night.

I took down some helicopter (which was the first vehicle to kill me ;_; missiles hurt apparently) and then shortly after I met
Cecile
. She came with a rather nice bit of story dump. And I think I see where this is going once she mentions
the tube calling out 'Jack'.

Didn't spend much more on story missions after that. I decided to mess around with the Outer Ops mode and do some of the extra missions. Are the rewards from them needed? I didn't see much benefit from the couple I done apart from getting some rather good soldiers with the fulton.

Mista

Banned
I managed to get a couple of hours on PW last night.

I took down some helicopter (which was the first vehicle to kill me ;_; missiles hurt apparently) and then shortly after I met
Cecile
. She came with a rather nice bit of story dump. And I think I see where this is going once she mentions
the tube calling out 'Jack'.

Didn't spend much more on story missions after that. I decided to mess around with the Outer Ops mode and do some of the extra missions. Are the rewards from them needed? I didn't see much benefit from the couple I done apart from getting some rather good soldiers with the fulton.

There's a secret phone call at the end of the game. Try to unlock it ;)

Pinewood

Btw I added everyone on PSN who sent me a PM (to play some PW Coop). Anyone else interested? Need to recruit some high rank soldiers or finish a mission? Just send me a PM and I'll add you guys. I also created a GAF PW chatroom on PSN as well, will make communicating way easier when playing Coop.

PSN has chatrooms? Wuuuuuuut?

Did my first run-thorugh of Ground Zeroes today. Some notes:

It looks and runs pretty well on my GTX 460 Don't know what you are complaining with your superior cards :p

The helicopter scene with
the bomb
was
really gruesome

At the end with the trailer there was a sentence that stood out as really odd

How do Snake and Miller get to
the hospital after the wreck? Very fishy

Gameplay takes some time to adjust from Peace Walker

Paz's recordings are available from scratch. But I might still grind them in PW instead.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
I keep rewatching the story trailers and wondering how cool it will be to get out of that coma and let the legend come back to live. Nine years without Big Boss, starting over from scratch. Building my army. Doing missions with D.D. Customizing my mother base. Infiltrating Sn4ke's base and stealing his shit. See Big Boss become the demon.

It's too much ;_;

Oh man yes I so can't wait for this game.

and about the bold part...

bring-it.gif

Sn4ke_911

I don't even have you on PSN!

I don't have a PS4 yet. I'll let ya'll know when i get one :)

Speaking of PS4, GZ is now 10€ on the PS store for about 2 weeks, not sure if i should buy a PS4 now or later. I'm kinda interested in The Order 1886 but i'm not sure yet how good it really is, or maybe Bloodborne. Or should i just wait for a hopefully MGSV bundle? ...decisions...

Dawg

I don't have a PS4 yet. I'll let ya'll know when i get one :)

Speaking of PS4, GZ is now 10€ on the PS store for about 2 weeks, not sure if i should buy a PS4 now or later. I'm kinda interested in The Order 1886 but i'm not sure yet how good it really is, or maybe Bloodborne. Or should i just wait for a hopefully MGSV bundle? ...decisions...

If you can wait, wait for a MGS V bundle.

I'd even consider importing a JP PS4 if they do some crazy ass shit like a LE PS4 with MGS V art.

Sn4ke_911

If you can wait, wait for a MGS V bundle.

I'd even consider importing a JP PS4 if they do some crazy ass shit like a LE PS4 with MGS V art.

Hmm, yeah but i'm a sucker for great cinematic story driven games. So if The Order is really good i probably have to get a PS4 early. But then i wait for february, the PS store sale is over and then i have to pay 30€ instead of 10€ for Ground Zeroes ...Aaaaahhhh.

I'd guess they want to bring out a PS4 MGSV bundle in NA and EU too.

A release date for TPP would make things (Life) so much easier. Kojima and Konami PLEASE.

I'll be up for some co-op this weekend and afterwards, with you and the others who kindly offered. My PSN is davewoop

I feel like I have a firm grasp on PW now to at least be of use in co-op.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom