• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread: Made you wait, didn't I?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
;_;

I was only providing the source to the statement made above. I never said it was true or to be trusted.

Removed anyway.

Oh it's all good dave. It wasn't meant to be a harsh post or something... i probably should have worded it different but yeah... kdrama is bad. :/

Dawg

or....perhaps kojima is actually recording dialogue for the game? he's already a MSF/DD staff member. he already has a character model. maybe he's a buddy and/or co-op player for TPP?

it's possible right?

I've always said it. Kojima WILL be in MGS V. Heck, he's in GZ!

Whether or not he's a buddy though... that is difficult to tell. We don't know if every buddy is important to the story. We only know about D.D. and Quiet so far. Would be weird to do serious story missions with Kojima at your side. Unless he's an extra you unlock after finishing the game once :p

Whether or not he's a buddy though... that is difficult to tell. We don't know if every buddy is important to the story. We only know about D.D. and Quiet so far. Would be weird to do serious story missions with Kojima at your side. Unless he's an extra you unlock after finishing the game once :p

and now they're recording extras because the game is basically done :)

NoFoX

Anyone wonder why Kojima has to direct the entire VO recording process himself instead of having someone else do like he does for the rest of the world? He could always listen to the results at the end of the week and ask for any changes :/

sauce?

He said it while TGS 2014 iirc.
There's also a video but i cant finde it.

It wouldn't surprise me if he's in the game but I think I read confirmation he wouldn't be a buddy at TGS.

*http://www.metalgearinformer.com/?p=16147

brau

Halloween 2016 said Kojima

Really? is there a source for this?

I didn't even think they had much work on SHs.

This is really awesome if its true tho. I am so pumped for Kojima to do more than MGS.

EDIT: oh... so no release date? i guess thats what i was expecting :(

NoFoX

IMA search the video.
He said Halloween 2016 for sure @ TGS 2014

EDIT:
Can't found it and i won't watch the whole 1-2hrs videos :p

Opto

Banned
Anyone wonder why Kojima has to direct the entire VO recording process himself instead of having someone else do like he does for the rest of the world? He could always listen to the results at the end of the week and ask for any changes :/
Dude likes making movies inside of his games. Also I'm sure the motion capture on facial expressions requires even more direction.

Akiller

Oh it's all good dave. It wasn't meant to be a harsh post or something... i probably should have worded it different but yeah... kdrama is bad. :/

Oh hey,after all they were close enough the time they said DMC5 was coming.
Half joking because i want to believe.

It wouldn't surprise me if he's in the game but I think I read confirmation he wouldn't be a buddy at TGS.

*http://www.metalgearinformer.com/?p=16147

We'll see about that
MGSV-Steam-Box.png

I'm sure it does but that was done in LA, the Japanese is just dubbed over for this game.

Opto's response was right on the money though, dude loves his movie-inside-a-game making. It's not "Why doesn't he let someone else do the japanese dub?" but rather "Why the hell isn't he directing the english version as well?". And the answer to that is obvious, I'm sure he'd love to but he would need to speak english first.

JayEH

Opto's response was right on the money though, dude loves his movie-inside-a-game making. It's not "Why doesn't he let someone else do the japanese dub?" but rather "Why the hell isn't he directing the english version as well?". And the answer to that is obvious, I'm sure he'd love to but he would need to speak english first.

He does speak English just not super well. He can technically still somewhat "direct" the English facial capture since he could get a sense of what he wants the scene to look like through the actor's faces and tone. I'm sure he isn't doing that but he could have some control over the English direction if he wanted.

He does speak English just not super well. He can technically still somewhat "direct" the English facial capture since he could get a sense of what he wants the scene to look like through the actor's faces and tone. I'm sure he isn't doing that but he could have some control over the English direction if he wanted.

yeah, he almost certainly is capable of having a conversation and speaking english. and i wouldn't be surprised if he did have input into which facial captures and animations are used.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member

I think you would need some mastery over the English language to direct English VOs, otherwise you wouldn't pick up on the nuances.

Skullface

If it happens I get to choose your avatar for a month and you get to choose mines if I'm wrong fair enough?

Oh shit, he just wagered an avatar bet Dawg.

Edit: We need some solid parameters here. Like if the date is announced AFTER E3, I choose both of your avatars ;p

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
I've always expected a release date at GDC, since the game was revealed there.

JayEH

PAX East release date announcement seems most practical. It's a fan event and press will be there so both can play the game for the first time.

Skullface

New theory:

>"This pirate crackdown's a go!"
>The Pirate Bay gets taken down
>The Pirate Bay is Swedish
>Joakim Mogren debacle
>The Pirate Bay has a countdown
>Kojima acquires the Pirate Bay postmortem
>Countdown will reveal Phantom Pain release date

JayEH

New theory:

>"This pirate crackdown's a go!"
>The Pirate Bay gets taken down
>The Pirate Bay is Swedish
>Joakim Mogren debacle
>The Pirate Bay has a countdown
>Kojima acquires the Pirate Bay postmortem
>Countdown will reveal Phantom Pain release date

Why does Kojima have to die?

NCell

Release date will be revealed at e3 I accepted that after the Xmas stream.

They're play-testing the game right now. They play-tested MGS4 and 3 months later the game came out. TPP is open-world so I'm guessing debugging will take quite a while, I'm guessing June/July release date

-Deimos

They're play-testing the game right now. They play-tested MGS4 and 3 months later the game came out. TPP is open-world so I'm guessing debugging will take quite a while, I'm guessing June/July release date

Play-testing occurs throughout the development process. They don't start testing the game right before it comes out.

Don't let that tweet get your hopes up, it was just Kojima being Kojima.

JayEH

Play testing is different from QA testing so that probably means they're just inviting people from outside the studio to play the game right now and that would mean the game is almost ready. I think June is a good estimate for when it's coming out.

paolo11

MGS V will be released in summer (my humble prediction)

That's fine with me because I need to platinum MGS 3 and MGS 4. I just platinum'd MGS 2 last week.

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
Or Kojima dies before giving his seal of approval and the game never comes out, forever sitting in the Konami vault.

please let's not even consider this
metal gear solid v must come out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom