• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread: Made you wait, didn't I?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright, guys, so I'm making character profiles for the playable characters (Solid Snake, Raiden, and Big Boss). Just finished Solid Snake's!

jCmIkRN.png
Excellent work sir! I think the font used here is much easier to read. The other font (Impact?) serves well for headers.

Is this stuff going to be used for the OT as well, or specific to the Community Thread 2?

Excellent work sir! I think the font used here is much easier to read. The other font (Impact?) serves well for headers.

Is this stuff going to be used for the OT as well, or specific to the Community Thread 2?

Thank you, brother! I assume Dawg would like something made specifically for the OT, so I think we'll just figure that out in time!

Uhh... It's a skin...

Or are you going to tell me that Gray Fox is confirmed as well?
KaUBD.gif

EgTlOQ4.png

I did only note that Sutherland voices Snake in GZ-- didn't mention him as a "main appearance," though!

I say fix the Kiefer Sutherland thing and go full Shinkawa art.

Thanks for the input! I'll remove the Kiefer thing. I removed Solid Snake's Ape Escape 3 VA, but kept Kiefer as a reminder-- a reminder that Kojima gone full Hollywood. I was debating on using all Shinkawa art, but didn't want to do that because I am dedicating a full section to it!

As always, LD does a damn good job. He is pretty good after all.

Haha! Thank you, brother!!!!

brau

I'm on phone but is that SNOW outside??! :O

I looked at it, and then looked at it in Photoshop, and it doesn't look like snow to me. But that image is way too low res to make out.

I do hope there is snow in the game. Fox Engine will render that beautifully.

brau

Alright, guys, so I'm making character profiles for the playable characters (Solid Snake, Raiden, and Big Boss). Just finished Solid Snake's!

jCmIkRN.png

Hey LD, this is looking way nice!

Since you started using the health bar for solid snake. Why don't you do the same treatment to the rest of hte titles. Like background and what not. Each with a different style of health bar. We sure have enough variety with so many games haha. That way it can frame every section nicely.

As far as the Snakes go maybe you can stick with all of them being 3d models? it needs Low Poly MGS1 snake somewhere in there haha

Anyways.. just thoughts. do with them as you please. But i do like this frame. That first edition of MGS2 box art was freaking epic. Prbly one of my favorite covers so far.

Hey LD, this is looking way nice!

Since you started using the health bar for solid snake. Why don't you do the same treatment to the rest of hte titles. Like background and what not. Each with a different style of health bar. We sure have enough variety with so many games haha. That way it can frame every section nicely.

As far as the Snakes go maybe you can stick with all of them being 3d models? it needs Low Poly MGS1 snake somewhere in there haha

Anyways.. just thoughts. do with them as you please. But i do like this frame. That first edition of MGS2 box art was freaking epic. Prbly one of my favorite covers so far.

Thank you!!!! Yes, that's exactly what I was doing-- taking the Naked Snake health bar from a still of that part of the MGS4 Ocelot fight and same with Raiden's health bar from Rising!

Dawg

I have high expectations of the Community OT now :D

Also, it's good LD is doing this because I won't be doing the entire history. Solid Snake and games like MGS1, MGS2 and MGS4 will not be mentioned. This is a Big Boss game so the timeline will only include events from MGS3 -> MGS V. Or, well, he might be included for the Hayter theory
leuhkikcskn4ycuht.gif

I hope that's okay.

Also, it's good LD is doing this because I won't be doing the entire history. Solid Snake and games like MGS1, MGS2 and MGS4 will not be mentioned. This is a Big Boss game so the timeline will only include events from MGS3 -> MGS V. Or, well, he might be included for the Hayter theory
leuhkikcskn4ycuht.gif

I hope that's okay.

Do you include Portable Ops?

Great minds think alike. :D

I approve!

Hai! Arigato gozaimasu!

leuhkikcskn4ycuht.gif

I hope that's okay.

Hahaha! Thanks, Dawgu~!! Good idea!

Do you include Portable Ops?

I am including PO, for what it's worth, since Kojima said the core story is canon... but it will be noted that the game's place in the series is a bit of a mystery!

I am going to do a crossover gif between my two upcoming favorite games. It will be something like these 2 pictures combined:

tumblr_n6waykX7351tc57f5o6_250.gif
jvtqrn.gif

Not sure if it will be successful though.. because I actually only do pixel art. But that's gonna be worth it!

haha i'm reviewing persona 5 and mgs v because i'm most experienced

hate me

I have always wanted to ask this to a reviewer

Would you ever turn down a review because you want to experience a game on your own time and not be rushed to put out a review?

Dawg

I have always wanted to ask this to a reviewer

Would you ever turn down a review because you want to experience a game on your own time and not be rushed to put out a review?

No, because I just delay my review then. There are plenty of examples where MMO reviews only appear online like a week after release :D

I am going to do a crossover gif between my two upcoming favorite games. It will be something like these 2 pictures combined:

tumblr_n6waykX7351tc57f5o6_250.gif
jvtqrn.gif

Not sure if it will be successful though.. because I actually only do pixel art. But that's gonna be worth it!

Almost done with my Persona/MGS 5 crossover gif.

mck8ydyj.gif

Still needs blue flames, that might take awhile. I'll continue this tommorow.

As always. Avatars. Non pixel art, this time. For those who love crossovers. I know, it's only an eyepatch.. Ugh...

3rmam7j5.png
bs9hoiga.png
h2pjj6eb.png
9lw9bmfx.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom