• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread: Made you wait, didn't I?

Status
Not open for further replies.

brau

That's not Batzi, can't you see he did the same thing as Batzi but isn't banned? ;P

port begging?

its prbly a matter of time?

i think it also has to do with how much of an outbreak of people in the thread reposting your comment saying its port begging ahha

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
B9KhmfWCYAApDLU.jpg

So awesome.

Looks like he doesn't have the scarf here.

B9KhmfWCYAApDLU.jpg:large

He phrased it really well by saying he was discontent. It gives the impression that he's not begging for it, but instead upset its not there.

Pinewood

I'm kinda afraid of a march release date because I wont be able to play TPP before july when I come back from my exchange studies and by going unspoiled that long with this game will be hard I think.

brau

Exactly.

And that's hypocrite.

I've seen this... where people casually bring that up as a remark, that it would be cool to have a game in some other format.

But if its an outrage around of "bye bye", "port begging" comments around, then definitely gets a ban right away.

Its weird....

It's why I hate rules like that. They will never be enforced equally. It's just arbitrary mod dick-measuring.

That is why i agree with this.

Rajang

I don't see anything wrong with the horse. It's an Andulasian horse, they are one of the larger horse breeds. That shot just makes BB look small and the horse huge.

I hope not. The waiting for anything MGSV:TPP related seems to take forever.

Here is something we can discuss/speculate on in the meantime: I wonder just what exactly Tora knows that he can't talk about?

this.gif

I think they all know the release date but they are not allowed to talk about it because Kojima wants to check this game 1000x times.

And slowly I am going to think that this will really be his last Metal Gear, since he's so obsessed that he wants that game puurrfect and flawless. Which, I actually like.

I am not gonna say that this will be the last Metal Gear. But I'm going to say that this will be the last Metal Gear he's going to work on.

New trailer will probably be shown at the PlayStation event.

Release date at GDC?

No, give me release date at the 13th.

Lernaean

Banned
I am not gonna say that this will be the last Metal Gear. But I'm going to say that this will be the last Metal Gear he's going to work on.

I say if it's his last Metal Gear, it's gonna be the last Metal Gear he directs. I'm sure he'll want to have a producer/supervisor role in any project, and indeed I'm sure MG as a series is far from dead after V.
Metal Gear Solid Rising was supposed to be the first MG that Kojima wouldn't direct. So he gave the project to a team to proceed on their own. We already know they failed, and we do know that the main reason they did, is because they couldn't blend the speedy ninja action, with free cutting and the two together with stealth, and quite honestly, it is a hard concept to get right.
But imo, and it shows by the result, the team also failed because they didn't have the direct guidance from Kojima.
The people working at KojiPro are ridiculously talented, no doubt about it, but they can't achieve this level of greatness without a visionary like Kojima guiding them.

As about whether or not Tora knows the date, or at least the month. Ofc they do, and i fully understand that they can't say. I just hope it is announced soon, and also that release is not too far away.

I think they all know the release date but they are not allowed to talk about it because Kojima wants to check this game 1000x times.

Yup, that's why i think Tora and Co are annoyed since they are just sitting around pre-gaming the marketing push every single day going over the details on how to proceed once Kojima gives the green light. System i also agree with you that this might be the last directed MGS game by Kojima.

Yup, that's why i think Tora and Co are annoyed since they are just sitting around pre-gaming the marketing push every single day going over the details on how to proceed once Kojima gives the green light. System i also agree with you that this might be the last directed MGS game by Kojima.

Well, one thing is sure. This is gonna be a very long month...

pdmjo17.gif

Tora always ignores my questions about Suikoden

smug.gif

New trailer will probably be shown at the PlayStation event.

Release date at GDC?

I think GDC - but I'm hoping for the 13th.

II am going to think that this will really be his last Metal Gear; I am not gonna say that this will be the last Metal Gear. But I'm going to say that this will be the last Metal Gear he's going to work on.

I truly hope it is the last Metal Gear game he directs/writes/produces/plans and tests.

I want to see all of these projects that he has been wanting to do for years - but he always ends up doing another Metal Gear game that gets in the way of him starting work on a new IP.

I love the Metal Gear saga, but at the same time I would like to see perfect closure to it. I have been following the saga diligently for over 28 years - since the inception of the series - but it's starting to slowly wane on me. Maybe it's the years slowly making me jaded as a gamer, or maybe it's that I don't possess the same drive in me anymore to get as excited as I used to about these things.

I'll eat Crow about that last statement when we are about a week away from MGSV:TPP's release date though. I'll likewise probably be frying the bird when the release date is finally revealed.

EatCrow1.jpg

brau

I think GDC - but I'm hoping for the 13th.

I truly hope it is the last Metal Gear game he directs/writes/produces/plans and tests.

I want to see all of these projects that he has been wanting to do for years - but he always ends up doing another Metal Gear game that gets in the way of him starting work on a new IP.

I love the Metal Gear saga, but at the same time I would like to see perfect closure to it. I have been following the saga diligently for over 28 years - since the inception of the series - but it's starting to slowly wane on me. Maybe it's the years slowly making me jaded as a gamer, or maybe it's that I don't possess the same drive in me anymore to get as excited as I used to about these things.

I'll eat Crow about that last statement when we are about a week away from MGSV:TPP's release date though. I'll likewise probably be frying the bird when the release date is finally revealed.

At least he is doing Silent Hills! which i think is gonna be amazing. Truly excited for more info on that game. I agree tho, i want to see Kojima do something else.

At least he is doing Silent Hills! which i think is gonna be amazing. Truly excited for more info on that game. I agree tho, i want to see Kojima do something else.

I totally forgot about that!

Silent Hills! I hope Kojima spends as much effort into this as in MGSV!

There's a lot of big games out this year so I'm hoping TPP comes out in a fairly empty month. I know I'll pick Metal Gear over pretty much any other game but it would be nice to have it when's a bit quieter. April might be a good month for that, can't think of anything coming out that month but I'm probably forgetting something.

brau

I totally forgot about that!

Silent Hills! I hope Kojima spends as much effort into this as in MGSV!

YES! i really want SHs to come back in a big way, and to be really scary. PT left me very impressed. So i have really high hopes for this.

But seriously. Hoping that Kojima starts developing new IPs or take other ones and owning them in some new way. Either will be just as interesting.

His crown jewel, of course, being TPP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom