• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Online 3 |OT| The Missing Link

Xater

Everyone who has added me, I tried inviting, but it's now undergoing maintenance. At least we now know that inviting does work, though.

I also made a rudimentary MGO NeoGAF community, so we can communicate better. I've invited those of you I'm friends with, but if anyone else wants to join, the community is called "MGO NeoGAF", and the image is of Venom's bloodied face.

How do you search for Communities?

gossi

My experience after 2+ hours:

- The actual game is pretty great.

- The technology and interface behind it is 2008. There's entire features people take for granted nowadays under the hood which just don't exist.

- Bugs. Expect many patches.

Xater

So is there any way to change class? I chose the sniper which I've realised I just don't want to be

Not until you are level 6 and can make a new character with a different class.

Yes, it's bad design. Why can I just not make 3 characters to begin with? How the fuck would anyone know what they prefer without playing it first?

Cyph3rZA

Played a couple of games with @MMaRsu and it was super fun.

Thanks again for hosting, looking forward to more once the maintenance window is closed.

Yes, it's bad design. Why can I just not make 3 characters to begin with? How the fuck would anyone know what they prefer without playing it first?

Urgh

Is there any information on when you have access to all three characters/ classes?

I'm hoping by level 10 to be able to sample the lot but I wouldn't be suprised if that's a pipe dream

NoFoX

I FINALLY LEVELED UP.
image.php

Congrats :D

I can see they let us use MB coin to get more slots in the future

Katori

My experience after 2+ hours:

- The actual game is pretty great.

- The technology and interface behind it is 2008. There's entire features people take for granted nowadays under the hood which just don't exist.

- Bugs. Expect many patches.

No, HOPE for many patches, expect nothing because this is Konami and I'd bet you KojiPro LA (or whatever they're called now) is a skeleton crew at this point.

konjak

Woo, I played an entire game! Accidently picked non-lethal for a beginner scout but it turned out rewarding to beat up people.

Host disconnected second game and I didn't get any EXP even from the first, of course.

Like I said, once you hit level 6 with that character.

Oh ok that's not too bad

I thought it would be one character rationed slowly over a long time - I can live with getting all three by level 6

The losing exp if host quits thing is a big problem though

CoLaN

I was so excited for this... but if there is no host migration and you dont get exp if you dont reach the post-results screen, it looks like it could be a VERY frustrating experience :|

Sad day

Leveling up will be a microtransaction next patch.
Changing character class will be a microtransaction.
There'll also be life insurance.

My sentiment is the same as everybody else. Really good game but the netcode is horrible in terms of basic features. The levels not saving is particularly annoying. I managed to get my rank to stick at 2 but have kept getting deranked since.

Markoman

No i won't say it...fu...fu...Kon...NO!!!!

Dear Konami, you got me on my knees. Please, support the game and make it work.
I will buy the Eva and Boss costume and every other piece of junk in the future.
(you can shove those insurances up where no sun is shining, though)

Kei-

Man, it's a little disheartening hearing about these growing pains. But you would think that's what the month delay was for. You'd be wrong lol.

But it's promising hearing the actual gameplay is fun. Let's hope it doesn't take too long for these issues to be resolved.

Reule

Seriously. So if I want my female character to be an Infiltrator and want one of each class, I should choose Scout or Enforcer for my first character, right?

OG Kush

Fucking hell. can't believe I actually had hope Kojima/Konam would deliver on releasing a modern online game. It seems the game's online infrastructure and options are straight out of 2005.

And also why the hell can't you just choose your class at the beginning of a round? Like how every other class action/shooting game does? (TF2, battlefield etc)

Hey guys, I'm sorry if this has been asked before, but I just downloaded the MGO download. Problem is, they told me to go to the PS3 Store to download, but when I search the PS3 PSN store, it is not there. Is anyone else having the same problem? I really want to play with you guys but, I can't :( :(

gossi

Hey guys, I'm sorry if this has been asked before, but I just downloaded the MGO download. Problem is, they told me to go to the PS3 Store to download, but when I search the PS3 PSN store, it is not there. Is anyone else having the same problem? I really want to play with you guys but, I can't :( :(

MGO is not available in North America on Playstation. Sorry.

Dragoshi1

So the download data isn't up yet for PS4 US? Can't find it on the store, and trying to get it at login in-game didn't work.

Facism

It's an add on under phantom pain.

Lads you can edit your first character via the avatar customisation in the singleplayer

Top Bottom