• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Online 3 |OT| The Missing Link

the NA update is likely tied to the store update, which can occur anywhere between 2-5pm EST.

it's like y'all haven't been following how the store updates on tuesdays or something

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Man that was bullshit. Slammed a guy and fultoned him, but because I died during his Fulton, it didn't count for me (and no his balloon didn't get shot down. I saw that shit leave). That shit counts in other games!

Hystzen

Kind of funny seeing people run around crouched thinking they hidden while I jog up and judo throw them into the dirt. If your on a rooftop I can see you clearly. Seems everyone is rolling Infiltrator class at moment

MrJTeera

Quick question: If I have a region 2 disc, can I download the MGO file from the NA PSstore? It worked with transferring my GZ save.

Damaged way too high, insta-death everywhere. Absolutely no point in going for headshots and at a stupid disadvantage trying to play non lethal.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
the NA update is likely tied to the store update, which can occur anywhere between 2-5pm EST.

it's like y'all haven't been following how the store updates on tuesdays or something

I kinda was hoping that MGO was the exception, considering that for some games they do unlock them at midnight.

konjak

Damaged way too high, insta-death everywhere. Absolutely no point in going for headshots and at a stupid disadvantage trying to play non lethal.

I accidently picked non-lethal my first successful game and it seemed fine getting close to people. Just gotta circle little rocks a lot. And then don't get too excited to fulton right away before you look around.

Jintor

wahoh is that you game creator konjak? didn't know you were on gaf.

anyway thought this was up for PC. Nope! oh well. maybe they'll have ironed out the rubbish by then.

Do we have any info on the starting loadouts for the classes? Like, what guns/gadgets?

Being stuck with what you pick until level 6... this could really impact a first choice.

Played for about 40 minutes. Pretty fun so far but also buggy in some places and had a few instances with lag. Waiting for my bro to come back so we could continue on playing but for now I'll be back to S rank the remaining missions and do the mission tasks.

Edit: XBO here.

Reule

Bah, don't really want to play Enforcer or Scout to start off with but it'd be redundant to have more than one of the same class for me. How's Enforcer and or Scout?

Do we have any info on the starting loadouts for the classes? Like, what guns/gadgets?

Being stuck with what you pick until level 6... this could really impact a first choice.
I'd like to know!

if it's not explicitly stated that it will launch at midnight then it's coming with the store update.

as i said before, i thought this would happen, but the MGO twitter saying that it would begin rolling out at midnight PDT didn't help matters. they should have explicitly stated that it was linked to the store update

Hatchtag

Banned
So no Eva & Boss costumes in the update?

Nah, all the DLC outfits announced were made available on the Xbox store. $.99 for Tuxedo, didn't check others because why would you wear anything else?

Anyways, MB coins can be used for changing colors of clothes for some colors. Mostly gold and silver. Other colors use Gear Points. Wonder if there'll be gear eventually that uses MB coins only.

Nah, all the DLC outfits announced were made available on the Xbox store. $.99 for Tuxedo, didn't check others because why would you wear anything else?

Anyways, MB coins can be used for changing colors of clothes for some colors. Mostly gold and silver. Other colors use Gear Points. Wonder if there'll be gear eventually that uses MB coins only.

Are DLC costumes just for SP or MGO as well?

Hatchtag

Banned

IIRC, s a scout you start with an AR. You then unlock a class with a sniper. Then one with a silenced sniper. Also at some point a class with only a decoy (don't use it).

Getting to level 6 should only take about 3 hours, probably less when the servers are better. Scout probably is the easiest to start with, but the others don't seem significantly more difficult or anything.

Oh, and leveling is different for each character, so if you intend to play as a different class or as a woman, prepare to reset as soon as you start them.

Are DLC costumes just for SP or MGO as well?

Seemingly just for SP, nothing about MGO in their descriptions.

Hmm, that's kinda strange. In MGO2, it took forever to kill people with body shots, but headshots of any sort were instant kills.

The damage is just so high, realy ruining the online.

I'll give it a couple weeks to see how things balance out since every pleb is running around in the open getting killed, but right now non lethal seems impossible to compete against lethal, since a good headshot is pointless against the body shot damage from lethal weapons.

Played a few matches of Bounty Hunter and seen 3 fultons only, 2 by me. CQC takedowns.

Xater

Yikes, thanks. Enforcer it is for my first guy. Trying to decide if I want a female sniper since this series has a penchant for it. It'd only be appropriate.

Yeah, you can't change the gender of your starting character, because that is the one linked to your SP.

I'll give it a couple weeks to see how things balance out since every pleb is running around in the open getting killed, but right now non lethal seems impossible to compete against lethal, since a good headshot is pointless against the body shot damage from lethal weapons.

Played a few matches of Bounty Hunter and seen 3 fultons only, 2 by me. CQC takedowns.
Non lethal isn't supposed to compete with lethal in TDM, it's supposed to complement it.

I'm also having problem with the search process just going on for forever.

Booh..

Ahh no problem. Haven't people learned from all the thousand of other launches of MP portions of games. Theres ALWAYS problems at the first with the huge influx of players at one time. Just take a break, go outside, enjoy life, and then comeback when it's all going smoothly.

-Deimos

Honestly if you're trying to play non-lethal in TDM, you're doing it wrong. Stick to TSNE if you like playing non-lethal.

Top Bottom