• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Online Official Thread -- NeoGAF clan now up!

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
panda21 said:
where is meme? :(

if i remember correctly gene appeared pretty suddenly after it was announced, as if from nowhere.

somehow just having new maps really refreshes this game more than it should.. i mean the COD4 map pack didnt really renew my interest because i'd already got bored of it, but in this new maps mean almost completely different gameplay in some ways..

i mean thinking about GG plays completely differently from VV,,, and AA again is completely different.. CC too..

oh MGO how i admire the multiplayer antics of thee
i played the maps for 2 seconds but the maps are definitely the kind i like, the ones catered to intense shootouts.

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
here's a pic of the clothes we got at the WC event, it's embroidered with otacon's insignia thing :D

Image024.jpg

rikichi

^ that's awesome dude! got the bandanna thing going on and all too.

you're one luck ass dude for getting a paid trip to tokyo.

web01

damn whats with konami keeping us in the dark about the meme expansion release date they really need to look at improving their community relations.

atomico

(...) to celebrate this milestone Konami is launching "Metal Gear Online: Commemorative Campaign" on November 25. It will wrap up on December 9. Participating players will be awarded with 10,000 points on the closing day, and there will be a lottery to win an extra 100,000 points as well.

source: kotaku

edit. k, so the source is actually this

Facism

well, 88% increase in profits due to MGS?

Hopefully that translates into a cheaper expansion pack

lol, wishful thinking.

Steroyd

Looks like I'll be logging in sometime this weeks to get my free points, buried in a load of games at the moment and LBP, Resistance 2 and Valkyrie Chronicles on the wish list it's going to be some long ass time before I boot up MGO again. :(

MNC

So, when I pick up MGS4, I'm sure to play MGO atleast once. How's that part of the game? Does it feel tacked on? Is it very nicely full-fledged? How is the lag? Lotsa players online? Did it get alot of attention (from the devs) like any other MP, say Halo? (Ducks for flames)

MNC said:
So, when I pick up MGS4, I'm sure to play MGO atleast once. How's that part of the game? Does it feel tacked on? Is it very nicely full-fledged? How is the lag? Lotsa players online? Did it get alot of attention (from the devs) like any other MP, say Halo? (Ducks for flames)
I thought they've done a decent job with the online mode. The reward shop adds some spice and life to game. Its also unique because its the only shooter to feature cqc, fun traps, and stunning. Sneaking and teamsneaking are the best modes in the game.

The major downside though is the rotten community and terrible lag that ruins the game. The game has so many assholes who teamstack, kick for lame reasons, and grief. I don't play halo 3 much but I think there is more cheating in mgo most online console games. Konami is a joke when it comes to dealing with cheaters too.

I wish mgo has the theatre mode from H3 so i can record matches.

Nozdeuce

If there was an Official MGO Community Leader, I'd be it
So I'm alive again. Long story short MGS4 killed my disc drive...back in August. Was MGOing less by then anyway so I sat around lazy and slummed it off betas until I finally sent it in. Just got it back.

So hows things? I know I'm late, but congratz Coolio.

I know aside from the tourny updates this thread has been kinda quiet, are people playing in secret?

Indeed

Nozdeuce said:
So I'm alive again. Long story short MGS4 killed my disc drive...back in August. Was MGOing less by then anyway so I sat around lazy and slummed it off betas until I finally sent it in. Just got it back.

So hows things? I know I'm late, but congratz Coolio.

I know aside from the tourny updates this thread has been kinda quiet, are people playing in secret?

The EU BeeUnit is dead.

DunpealD

Indeed said:
The EU BeeUnit is dead.

Indeed and Waspunit is in hiatus :p as in "we have no time for MGO". Because we have used most time of our long holidays spending time with MGO, so we're completely fed up right now.

It's sad, but I have to agree with GeneralIroh. Everytime I play MGO for at least an hour or a little bit survival I always meet fullblown retards writing "camper", "noobs", "LOOOOOOL YOU GOT OWNED"x 100, "You nerds" and some other people being cowards who enjoy insulting people in their language which of course isn't english.

Also the grenade warps, box diving, lag switching or cheating in general, as well as unbalanced maps doesn't help this game.

For now I just want to get away from it and enjoy other games. Even though I miss somewhat the "old" WaspUnit days.

Dibbz

It's a shame really that I havn't played MGO in quite a while. I always say to myself that I will play it soon but with so many other games out this quater it's really hard to make time for it.

Doesn't help I'm trying to study so I need to make time for that.

Socom is out here in the UK soon and I might pick that up. Any EU WaspUnit members getting it?

Ilparazzo

Dibbz said:
It's a shame really that I havn't played MGO in quite a while. I always say to myself that I will play it soon but with so many other games out this quater it's really hard to make time for it.

Doesn't help I'm trying to study so I need to make time for that.

This is my case as well, that and I still don't feel like I can go back to MGO and just have fun with it again, Giving it some more time I guess. (no expansion for me.)

Zyzyxxz

I doubt I'll ever come back to MGO, so guys, it was fun while it lasted.

I'm graduating soon and with little free time I will have I can't devote to old games.

Too bad I bought the expansion...only played it for one day

so_awes

Banned
haven't played this in months so i tried it last weekend and i can't play this game....everybody is too good. i get hit with a headshot everytime...

xintin

edit - lulz forgot joyst*q was banned. info there if you want to read more on it.
MEME on the 25th ($9.99USD), but you can pre-order it starting tomorrow. nice way to avoid the trouble that happened with GENE I guess. bringing new modes as well as maps and chars (stealth DM sounds fun)

started a new character recently so i'll probably be picking it up.
the 10000 free RP promotion starts the 25th too, so maybe that can draw some players back:lol

Dunk#7

Anybody think that, or know if, the MEME expansion will end glitching. It is the only thing bringing this game down. I'm so sick of glitching and I don't know why Konami won't do anything about it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BTW does anybody know me on MGO?

Character: Dunk
Level: 9
Clan: H.R.L.

Can anyone from Portugal help a fellow Brazilian buy the MEME Expansion? Please!

Ilparazzo helped me buy the GENE Expansion, but he didn't answer my PM, I guess he is busy or something...

If anyone can help me please PM me. I'll even pay you more than the actual expansion price if you help me!

Oh, and add me!

PSN: ShalashaskaBR
MGO: ShalashaskaBR+

EDIT: Ilparazzo helped me buy the MEME Expansion! Thanks man, you're the best!

I'm liking the new stealth death match. I wonder if they fixed the glitches yet. Zone of the Enders music ftw!
I wish they included more game modes and weapons.

I also like how the game lets you set and save certain clothes and gear to certain maps.

xintin

GeneralIroh said:
I'm liking the new stealth death match. I wonder if they fixed the glitches yet. Zone of the Enders music ftw!
I wish they included more game modes and weapons.

I also like how the game lets you set and save certain clothes and gear to certain maps.
ohhh its out?
time to fight the konami-id system xD

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
sounds like update kicks ass. new skills, new modes, new music, cqc was buffed, between match clothes and skill selection :eek:

and of course maps and characters

Dave1988

Change log:

MGO Ver.1.20 Update information
The Client has been updated following the release of "MEME EXPANSION". Updates include:

All alterations
1) New skills
2) Change of skill specification
3) New rules:
- Interval
- Stealth Deathmatch
4) New BGMs
5) Change of weapon specification
6) New explanation of weapon
7) New functions "Skill Set" and "Gear Set"
8) Briefing Screen appears changed
9) The Game Screen appears changed
10) New Gears

Lobby
1) The icon was added to the lobby name in "Lobby Select" menu.
2) The time which can enter the survival lobby was restricted.
3) Automatching lobby was divided.
4) Survival lobby was divided.
5) The headshots invalid lobby was added.

Ranking
1) The figure of the displayed ranking was increased.
2) The quantity of the ranking which moves by the left button or the right button was changed.
3) When viewing personal details, the page of a corresponding rule will be opened by the default.
4) The GRADE display of the player details was unified with "Community Support Page".

SURVIVAL
1) The total number of the Teams currently in battle is added to "Survival match List".
2) "Clan Members Only" is added to the stance of "Creat Team".
3) "Clan Members Only" is added to the condition of the filtering stance.
4) The icon of "Spanner" is displayed next to the character name who exists in "Personal" menu etc.

Others
1) "Radar orientation" added in "Gameplay Options".
2) "Appearance Settings" was changed.
3) The icon of EXPANSION which shows the owned pack was added to "Personal Stats".
4) The icon of "Beginner" added to the "Personal Stats" of biginners.
5) The E-mail Address was changed from "GM" to "CS"(Customer Support).
6) The new functions "Delete all read messages", "Delete all messages from a particular sender" and "Delete all messages" added to inbox of Mail.
7) Decision method of the "Beginner" was changed.
8) "EXPANSION PACK" is added to the condition of the filtering stance of "Free Battle".
9) The display was added to appear when Riward Points was earned at the time of login and the Automatching play.
10) The display of the current Riward was changed on the Personal menu.
11) Warning is displayed when playing for a long time.
12) The score came to be added through assistance action.
13) Change in the specification of the level up.
14) If you Quit the game before finish, the record will be added to your profile.
15) The icon of "Friendly Fire" and "Voice Chat" and "Lock on" were added to "COMMON SETTINGS" of Free Battle and Survival.
16) The camera was added to the equipment of Mk.II.
17) The function which turns OFF a text chat was added to the "MUTE" menu of "BRIEFING"
18) When one of the team disappeared from the Free Battle, the game becomes invalid match.

For MEME EXPANSION only
1) New Maps:
- Forest Firefight (F.F.)
- Silo Sunset(S.S.)
- Winter Warehouse (W.W.)
2) New unique characters:
- LIQUID OCELOT
- MEI LING
3) New game mode "Tournament"

Dave1988

Let's see what we have here:

Three new hidden skills:

1. A skill related to shield usage. Attack with your shield 50 times successfully to learn this skill.

2. A skill related to the prevention of SOP information leaks. Obtain after being scanned 250 times by the enemies' scanning weapons or SOP scanning skills.

3. A skill related to scanning. Obtain by successfully scanning the enemy 200 times with your Scanning Level set at Lv 3.

New Tracks:

MGS 3 (The Boss)
MGS2 (Dead Cell)
MGS (Duel)
MGA! 2
MGA!
Z.O.E The 2nd Runner (Bahram Battleship)
Z.O.E (Factory)

New Game modes:

Interval - A rest interval. For your health, it is recommended that you avoid prolonged periods of continuous play. Basically, it's a mode to fuck around. It has no influence on your score. All weapons are unlocked from the get go and you can pick up a Time Bomb.

Stealth Deathmatch - A free-for-all deathmatch where all characters are equipped with stealth. The area you fight in get's smaller as time passes. Every player has only one life. Ghost mode is on.

???? - Not available yet (maybe it requires MEME).

web01

wow sweet shirt

W.W is an amazing map the amount of effort they put into it is ridiculous puts all the maps they ripped from 1 player to shame. Also has a great range of close quaters areas and huge open spaces for snipers.

xintin

Dave1988 said:
18) When one of the team disappeared from the Free Battle, the game becomes invalid match.
THIS.
f*ck off Fakehounds

edit - looks like you get 100RP for every day logged in now :)

BigBoss

Remember at the end of Act 4 when it looked like Ocelot died of FOXDIE and then started running backwards and laughing at Snake? You can do that and its awesome. :lol

web01

^^^ haha I love doing that.
Making ocelot say BANG! still brings a smile to my face every time.

Also ghillie suits came out today they are so awesome love hiding in the grass in F.F and poping out to cqc someone they never see it coming.

web01

Yeah its worth there is lots of Aussie meme games going from the late afternoon to around midnight. Plus alot of us still play survival despite the 4am survival time just got to be early or pull an all nighter.

-Winnie-

web01 said:
Yeah its worth there is lots of Aussie meme games going from the late afternoon to around midnight. Plus alot of us still play survival despite the 4am survival time just got to be early or pull an all nighter.

What are the times for Tournament like for us? I am tempted to get MEME, since it's only like $10.

web01

No one knows when the tournaments are starting or what times yet just says coming soon.Hopefully its starting this week it took survival mode 1 week to start when they released gene.

Dunk#7

It must be a new method because I have a friend who knew how. I called him and he tried the old ways. He said it was impossible to glitch now.

They must have found a new way.

Man, I was so excited to play glitch free MGO. MGO is my favorite online game of all time and glitching is the only thing that brings it down.

I'm sure there won't be as many glitchers as there used to be because some of the top glitchers got banned (ninovago).

Character Name: Dunk
Level: 11
Clan: Toy-Soldiers

web01

Are most the glitchers on the US servers or something? I play survival all 3 days of each weekend and have only came across two teams of glitchers both of which we easily beat.

Facism

Dave1988 said:
Bought MEME. So, any Eurogaffers willing to play MGO or are we truly a dead clan?

I can't find any information on what the UK pricing is for MEME. Anything more than £4 and you can count me out.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
-xBerserker- said:
I played in a MGO Tournament last night. My team lost the first round and that was it :lol Got 200 points for it at least.
Do you need to have MEME to play tournaments ?

Top Bottom