• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Online Official Thread -- NeoGAF clan now up!

Facism

GoncaloCCastro said:
Yeah,love the new music tracks and the new maps are really good. Now I just need the time to play the game!

you're playing this again? I might have to jump back in.

I played it for about an hour last night, I love the new expansion so far.

A few small things I noticed:

* The time and date at the top of the menu's (not during game play itself)
* After a match is shows if you earn points to improve your rank or points taken away from your rank
* During game play it says if you got 3 kills, 5 kills, 3 consecutive head shots etc.
* Not sure if explosives effected the environment before or not. I just saw something last night that seemed to imply it did.
* I thought you could throw knifes with Raiden and Vamp? But I played during a custom match so maybe that was turned off?
* There is a PSN Wallet option in the menu, but it's disabled at the moment. Maybe it will be updated on Thursday with the store update?

And I tried to CQC someone last night and they already had CQCEX!! Man that’s quick, it resulted in me being thrown to the ground.

GoncaloCCastro said:
Yeah I'm back to it! Problem is, the clan is basically dead!

People are probably still playing Killzone 2, now that I've got most of the stuff unlocked in Killzone 2, I'll be switching between these 2 games now.

tyagi

I was on playing SCENE games last night, and randomly bumped in to Xintin a NeoGAF clan member.

There are active clan members out there, and I've been playing every day for a month or two.

Anyone interested in some clan games in our dedicated clan rooms over the weekend? I'd guess most people are on US timezones. I'm on GMT+13.

ashism

RadioHeadAche said:
Pubbies? You mean, general users not associated with your clan?
You've never heard the term Pub or Pubbie used in online gaming before?

Where have you been for the past 8 years?

Facism

GoncaloCCastro said:
I think Dave still plays from time to time.

I really want to get back into it, was hoping Konami would be decent and let the previous expansions go free when a new one came out. Greedy cock-barons.

ashism said:
You've never heard the term Pub or Pubbie used in online gaming before?

Where have you been for the past 8 years?

I guess I'm not hardcore.

Kills self

Awesome MGO story time:
Some guy said I was a homo because I used the word "embrace". Oh MGO, you cracketh me up.

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
Lyte Edge said:
Any tips for a beginner? I went with a shotgun as my main weapon, but got destroyed in some training matches. Not one kill. :/

Thanks!
without shotgun level 2 a skillfull enemy will pretty much always be able to retaliate for a headshot unless you shoot them at wierd angles.

or you can use the saiga which can fire pretty rapidly.

if you master the saiga v ring you'll be indespensable in tight corridor caps but this is mostly a theory (SS cap, TT cap, SCENE map caps?)

Bit-Bit

-COOLIO- said:
without shotgun level 2 a skillfull enemy will pretty much always be able to retaliate for a headshot unless you shoot them at wierd angles.

or you can use the saiga which can fire pretty rapidly.

if you master the saiga v ring you'll be indespensable in tight corridor caps but this is mostly a theory (SS cap, TT cap, SCENE map caps?)

I wish there was a FAQ of all of the weapons.

My weapon of choice is the M4. I haven't played for two months now. But I'm gonna get back into it today to start leveling. My new controller should arrive sometime next month.

Ilparazzo

Facism said:
I really want to get back into it, was hoping Konami would be decent and let the previous expansions go free when a new one came out. Greedy cock-barons.
Do I dare back a comeback only to taste sweet disappointment?

web01

brandonh83 said:
I have all three expansions now but the 5000 reward points aren't showing (for buying SCENE before the 30th).

Dont worry the reward points dont appear in our accounts until the 31st I think.

Lince

Banned
played the beta until my eyes bled, then came back to Warhawk (king of mp games this gen) and when I wanted to have a go at MGO again every game was full of dedicated hardcores so leveling up was a nightmare...

Bit-Bit

Hey GAF, it's 10:45 eastern time zone and I just started a set of game requiring a ton of people.

It's in the Meryl lobby titled "all expansions".

Thrakier

Lince said:
played the beta until my eyes bled, then came back to Warhawk (king of mp games this gen) and when I wanted to have a go at MGO again every game was full of dedicated hardcores so leveling up was a nightmare...

This. I played once, went like 15 to 2 deaths/kills, only headshots and after this, I stopped... XD

Bit-Bit

Alright, I'm going to go get breakfast so I had to end the game. Does anyone know of a way for the host to not play but still have the server up?

BigBoss

Bit-Bit said:
Alright, I'm going to go get breakfast so I had to end the game. Does anyone know of a way for the host to not play but still have the server up?

Go to "team change" and switch to spectator.

tyagi

Bit-Bit said:

There are also options to set your server as a "dedicated server" from what I recall.

Wow, the new update changed a lot of things. I played this a couple weeks ago but I got really annoyed at all the stuff that was going on and basically gave it up about 75+ hours. Had some free time today so I decided to go back and try it and man, I'm hooked right back in. Lots of fixes here and there and I love some of the new modes. Gonna be back in hardcore again :lol

Is there still a GAF clan?

Turk

So what's the deal with friendly fire? Grenades seem to usefull in TDM now and I'm pretty sure I've shot through my own dudes to take out enemies with no SOP crap.

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
zji44o.jpg

box hat is here

Shalashaska said:
Wow, the new update changed a lot of things. I played this a couple weeks ago but I got really annoyed at all the stuff that was going on and basically gave it up about 75+ hours. Had some free time today so I decided to go back and try it and man, I'm hooked right back in. Lots of fixes here and there and I love some of the new modes. Gonna be back in hardcore again :lol

Is there still a GAF clan?

I'm the leader of the main GAF Clan. Send me a request, but mention your from GAF or else I won't admit you.

Can any "expert" give tips on how to get good? I'm sick of getting destroyed by Level 10+ people and I don't see any demonstrable way I can even approach their level.

Turk

xBerserker said:
I'm the leader of the main GAF Clan. Send me a request, but mention your from GAF or else I won't admit you.
I tried sending you a message through MGO to join the clan, but it said you do not accept messages. :(

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
Red Blaster said:
Can any "expert" give tips on how to get good? I'm sick of getting destroyed by Level 10+ people and I don't see any demonstrable way I can even approach their level.
if you want an easy way to get some kills untill you get more use to the game try buying the mk23 in dp games and using auto aim. it has great damage and AA range.

sub machine gun (p90, mp6, vz) AA is also a lot more effective now too

Turk said:
I tried sending you a message through MGO to join the clan, but it said you do not accept messages. :(

Weird .. I'll check my settings. What's your MGO name?

I'm going to enter a tournament at 8 pm MT. Come join me if you can.

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
xBerserker said:

the times maaaaaaaaaay still be off due to daylight savings. just a heads up

Turk

xBerserker said:

Sent a clan join request. :D MGO name: Foxhounder

tyagi

This is a FAQ, but may be useful for other GAFers...

When you join a Tournament in MGO, it doesn't give a timezone to go with the start time (yeah, that's what I thought...). What timezone are these times?

Top Bottom