• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Rising is coming to PC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neiteio

I wonder, maybe when I slice/dice palm trees, they'll stay in pieces on the ground longer now? I'd like to make a neat pile of wood out of them, but they always vanish to free up resources.

Tain

Awesome.

So is platinum handling the port? Safe bet? It'll be nice to see them get more familiar with PC development, but I wouldn't be surprised if this was a one-off with Konami.

Zarx

Good to see Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (and hopefully 1) wasn't an anomaly, and that Konami are actually making a push to bring their games to PC (other than PES anyway).

TronLight

Everybody is Mikkelsexual
Yes!
I was thinking about buying this yesterday, I'm happy I waited!

Let's just hope for a good mouse+kb layout now.

MDSLKTR

AWWWW YISSSSSS I didn't get the dlcs yet, hope they're included in this.

Let's just hope for a good mouse+kb layout now.

jake.gif

kuYuri

I rented this on PS3 and beat it, but now I can buy it for the superior platform. Hope it's not a crap port. :D

This also gives me hope that Konami is indeed paying more attention to PC, with Lords of Shadow and such supposed to be getting a PC version.

Well, if it means more sales for Rising, which in turn raises the chances for a Rising 2, then I'm behind it 100% (even if I can't benefit from the enhancements of a PC version as I doubt my laptop can run it). Maybe digital could raise it 300,000 to 500,000 to make for a nice 1.2 to 1.5 million total sales? Nah, that'd be too much to hope for.

Good to know. One of my fave games this gen so it's nice PC gamers will be able to experience it, too. Not planning to spend much time on it myself though. 50 hours+ on the console version is enough.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
Wow this is incredible news! I will definitely be double dipping here, MGR was one unique ride and probably one of the most intense and fun video games I have ever played.

This was probably the last console exclusive I was planning on picking up for my 360 and now it's coming out for PC. Dunno if that is a good or bad sign.

I'll double dip, but I'm still tempted to get the PS3 version.
It's just weird for me to not play a MGS game on the dualshock.

Will have to try out betterds3 when I get home...

antitrop

Wario64 tweeted a Fry's ad yesterday that had the 360 version for $30 and I SERIOUSLY considering getting it.

I would have been so pissed this morning. Fingers crossed for before end of 2013.

Awesome.

So is platinum handling the port? Safe bet? It'll be nice to see them get more familiar with PC development, but I wouldn't be surprised if this was a one-off with Konami.

I would guess this is part of Konami trying to test the PC waters more. It is pretty much confirmed that Lords of Shadow 1 will be coming to PC sometime too. Chances are MGSV will hit PC as well. Given that Sega seems to really like Steam - maybe we could see their older stuff down the line if it is a simple process.

Edit: I will "double dip" down the line if it has the DLC (which I have not picked up yet) and when it is cheap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom