• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance PC Version |OT| Violence Breeds Violence

CHC

Really excited for this, played the demo on PS3 and was hooked. Bladewolf fight was incredible, and the side elements felt more Metal Gear than I was expecting (philosophical musing before boss battles, codec calls that go on forever, collecting left hands of the guys), so I'm ready.

I am also loving this trend that Konami is doing of releasing PC versions later, with all DLC, for like 20 dollars. Gives you a new wave of hype and saves some cash, and at the same time you get the best version of the game.

It's not -- I'm in the client beta but am not given the option. My first thought was that perhaps it only occurs when Steam's home drive lacks sufficient space, but this isn't the case. Anywho, there's a workaround:

well shit. wish I knew this last night. Ended up clearing a bunch of the SSD so I could pre-load. Oh well

Caffeine

It's not -- I'm in the client beta but am not given the option. My first thought was that perhaps it only occurs when Steam's home drive lacks sufficient space, but this isn't the case. Anywho, there's a workaround:

thanks JaseC this worked.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Thread title should really have the subtitle: "Steammachines, son" IMO.

Grief.exe

Someone needs to tell Tora that they removed the region restriction from Ireland, but forgot to publish the game on the Irish Steam store afterwards.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Damn. After this wasn't on my radar at all, preloaded and now quite hype. But I can't let myself dive into this before I conquer DmC's Bloody Palace. Almost got it.

zainetor

Banned
I cant help to think that is really strange we haven't seen pc any screenshots at all.

I remember castlevania pc had a lot of screenshots, pre-release.

Konami, why?

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Weird question maybe, but can I copy the preloaded files to another PC? I always download games to my laptop at university and copy them to my PC (on slow-ass internet), but I've never done it with preloaded files.

Grief.exe

I cant help to think that is really strange we haven't seen pc any screenshots at all.

I remember castlevania pc had a lot of screenshots, pre-release.

Konami, why?

Castlevania ran at very high resolutions, MGR doesn't.

Weird question maybe, but can I copy the preloaded files to another PC? I always download games to my laptop at university and copy them to my PC (on slow-ass internet), but I've never done it with preloaded files.

You probably have to wait until they unlock the pre-load.

feel

They released a picture of the PC version:
bvjxwh5cyaa8cimjwkay.jpg

What more do you need?

I wonder if someone can find this location on the console versions and post a comparison.

In the next two hours? Seems unnecessary to do a comparison to a photo of a screenshot rather than patiently wait for it to unlock.

That said, WHY DOESN'T IT UNLOCK FOR TWO MORE HOURS? AUGH.

JimPanzer

I know we can't say anything certain for now, but will I encounter problems getting 60 fps @ 1080 with this setup:

i5 3570k @ 4.4. ghz
gtx 760 2 gig
8 gig ram

HoosTrax

They released a picture of the PC version:
bvjxwh5cyaa8cimjwkay.jpg

What more do you need?
I want to facepalm whenever someone takes a "screenshot" of a PC game by taking a smartphone picture of the monitor, instead of Print Screen (or F12 in the case of Steam).

Dario ff

Banned

You can, go to Steam's depotcache folder if they're pre-loaded there, and copy over the files that start with "235461_" on their name (.manifest, .csd, and .csm files). You should see a pretty big one that is like 24 GB. Copy those files and just plop them in the depotcache folder of the other PC. If you're using the same Steam account on both, the pre-load should be marked as "complete" in the new one. Did it a few days ago just fine.

OUBIRj1.png

If you haven't pre-loaded it yet I suggest holding out for another hour and just downloading the game after it's released.

Kade

MGR:R just knocked Rust down from the second spot on the Top Sellers list. I normally wouldn't care about what games are selling well or not but this could be the start of something great for Platinum and the PC community.

zeox

MGR:R just knocked Rust down from the second spot on the Top Sellers list. I normally wouldn't care about what games are selling well or not but this could be the start of something great for Platinum and the PC community.

this makes me so happy

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
I've got 1 and a half hours of buying this at a lower price, but I'm not sure my computer can handle it at 1080p, but I still want to play it again D:

phaze

First game I ever preordered. :lol Won't get much playtime today unfortunately, oh well. Hope it's a good port and playable with kb/mouse.

Gothos

I saw that. It's not even direct feed. IS ti wrong that I want to see some decent screentshots before buying the game?

Just wait for the release. I'm sure this thread will be flooded with screenshots minutes after the game is playable :)

I wonder if someone can find this location on the console versions and post a comparison.

its an off screen shot....hardly comparible

This was discussed yesterday I think, but it's even better when you consider that that is JUST for Steam. MGR has had deals on a ton of other sites, whereas Rust is only available through Steam.

Would love to see some MGR numbers when they have total pre-purchase copies sold or something.

CHC

This will have Steam achievements right? Normally don't care but I'm trying to "platinum" trophy every Metal Gear game and I want to do this one up, son

Top Bottom