• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance (Post-MGS4, Mr Dec 13) [Kamiya NOT Director, New Info]

48el9.png

http://www.officialplaystationmagaz...-i-know-reaction-to-the-new-trailer-is-mixed/

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
Just saw the trailer for the first time now.

OH MY GGOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD, this looks amazing. Finally something Metal Gear/related I can get behind. How can anybody hate this? It's mental.

Definitely on my to-buy list.

duckroll

Anarchy Reign's director was a character artist on MadWorld, so I feel we shouldn't only be looking at designers.

Yes but I am more interested in the game designers than just a title of a "director". Anarchy Reigns might be directed by the character designer, but the same game designers on Mad World are also working on it as game designers. That part is important.

My question really is, which game designers from Platinum Games could be working on Rising, and what will they bring to the table?

Karkador

Banned
As much as I like Platinum Games, if I had my choice I'd rather have a Koji Pro developed "Rising" game. I really hope that they find a way to get the story they wrote for the original version of this game out there somehow, either through a Motion Comic or a CG movie or something.

I really don't get why people are so hung up about what could have been with the original story. MGS4 and Peace Walker were really bad stories! Did you forget about all the stupid stuff that happened in those? All of the needless retconning and tying things into other things for no good reason? The terrible decisions they made with some of the characters as of late? I really don't know what you guys were expecting from another Raiden solo story from KojiPro, but I think everyone should come to their senses and realize that it would have probably been awful.

It's pretty telling of how bad Raiden's story has been when his best role in the series so far was as a joke character in MGS3.

As an MGS fan, I'd rather just move forward from here and have him be whatever he is. I don't think I need to know how the guy became a robot. Just have him do interesting and cool robot things instead and ignore the loose ends. KojiPro has shown to be really stupid at tying loose ends together. A lot of things in the MGS universe fall apart the more they have to be explained.

Carbonox

I wonder when we'll get a demo?
with EU HD Collection please

Oh hell yes. Ultimate bitch slap to the rest of the world...until the demo comes out on the same day on PSN, etc. :p

Would be a nice gift to those of us having to wait months after everyone else to obtain the collection. Though my wait is uber worth it as I preordered the Ultimate Edition from Zavvi.

rvy

Banned
Oh hell yes. Ultimate bitch slap to the rest of the world...until the demo comes out on the same day on PSN, etc. :p

Would be a nice gift to those of us having to wait months after everyone else to obtain the collection. Though my wait is uber worth it as I preordered the Ultimate Edition from Zavvi.

Konami hates Yurop. It's not happening.

Also, can they just go ahead and port MGS4 to 360 before this game comes out?
They already have 2, 3, and Peacewalker, and in a game where the story is so important, it seems silly to leave out a section of the market. They even attempted to fix this with the PS3 port of Mass Effect 2 (not a great solution, but the motion comic atleast was something).

edit:
They've re-released every MGS game with an updated version, so I suppose maybe they're waiting til that comes out to port it?
*shrug

AAK

http://i.imgur.com/48el9.png[IMG]

[url]http://www.officialplaystationmagazine.co.uk/2011/12/13/atsushi-inaba-speaks-out-on-metal-gear-rising-i-know-reaction-to-the-new-trailer-is-mixed/[/url][/QUOTE]

This man doesn't need to provide any explanation... it's the opposite. Why hasn't Kojima approached them sooner!

Jesus Christ, we get it. You don't like MGS4. Go and make a(nother?) thread about it, if it makes you feel better. Actually, forget the thread, it should be your new tag.
I'd like that. The new tag I mean.

But hey this is what people do to FFXIII, so turnabout is fair play.

Jesus Christ, we get it. You don't like MGS4. Go and make a(nother?) thread about it, if it makes you feel better. Actually, forget the thread, it should be your new tag.

Whoa relax, if he bothers you so much ignore him.
And...yea....so....where's that 25 minute vid Kojima?

Oemenia

Banned
I havent been following the thread, but whats up with the graphics, they are plain awful or is the game still far too early in development? Also any idea whose engine itll be using?

ArjanN

Meaning that I have to lift my ass from the couch and change the disc, which takes about 15 seconds, as opposed to installing the game after every act for 2/3 minutes?

Or like a second to load the next act off your SSD on your PC.

duckroll

I havent been following the thread, but whats up with the graphics, they are plain awful or is the game still far too early in development? Also any idea whose engine itll be using?

The project is fairly early, and it's running on Platinum Games' engine. It's still targeted for a late 2012 release though, so they don't have like a ton of time.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
The only reson MGS4 hasn't been ported is because its engine is a complete mess that is extremely specific to the PS3 architecture. If it was ported it would basically need to be remade.

Meaning that I have to lift my ass from the couch and change the disc, which takes about 15 seconds, as opposed to installing the game after every act for 2/3 minutes?

999997_o.gif

[Smoking Warning]
Cigarette smoke has detrimental effects to you and those around you, particularly infants, children, and the elderly.

Have consideration for others when choosing to smoke.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
The project is fairly early, and it's running on Platinum Games' engine. It's still targeted for a late 2012 release though, so they don't have like a ton of time.

Only a year? Oh wow. I'm assuming they don't even have a year since they have to burn the discs and everything as well. That's crazy.

Top Bottom