• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance (Post-MGS4, Mr Dec 13) [Kamiya NOT Director, New Info]

Phatcorns

On the latest KP Report they mentioned a behind the scenes video about Rising being on the new metalgearsolid.com but I can't find it anywhere. Have you guys managed to find it yet?

Yen

On the latest KP Report they mentioned a behind the scenes video about Rising being on the new metalgearsolid.com but I can't find it anywhere. Have you guys managed to find it yet?
They announced it after the VGAs. 25 minute making-of/behind the scenes to explain how KojiPro messed up and how PG came along. Think it'll be released tomorrow.

Oemenia

Banned
The project is fairly early, and it's running on Platinum Games' engine. It's still targeted for a late 2012 release though, so they don't have like a ton of time.
Ah okay thanks for clearing that up, but if youre saying that the project is still early and targeted for late 2012, does that mean it will have less than 2 years of development time?

So is there going to be new gameplay and cutscenes in the 25 minute video or is it going to be kojima and other japanese men talking about the theory of what the game is about and how cutting things is poetic?

Ra1den

A friend made this.

Complex and deeply neckbeardy like an exquisite fine nerd wine.

tumblr_lw5p43qkmV1qd5fbyo1_1280.jpg

Well done

rvy

Banned
999997_o.gif

[Smoking Warning]
Cigarette smoke has detrimnetal effects to you and those around you, particularly infants, children, and the elderly.

Have consideration for others when choosing to smoke.

Yeah, Solid Snake can go fuck himself. First he tells me that smoking is cool, 7 years later he tells me it has detrimental effects on my health.

mollipen

So is there going to be new gameplay and cutscenes in the 25 minute video or is it going to be kojima and other japanese men talking about the theory of what the game is about and how cutting things is poetic?

If you're looking for new gameplay and whatnot, the video will mostly disappoint you. (Not completely, though!) However, the video is fascinating, and absolutely worth watching.

If you're looking for new gameplay and whatnot, the video will mostly disappoint you. (Not completely, though!) However, the video is fascinating, and absolutely worth watching.

You were at the presser yesterday? I suppose there is an embargo up until that video goes live, huh?

salromano

So Kojima tweeted this:

(JP) https://twitter.com/#!/Kojima_Hideo/status/146694153978380288
(EN) http://www.twitlonger.com/show/en4a62

SO SORRY said:
Debut @VGA world premier teaser followed by tech presentation @GDC, trailer and actual game presentation @E3, online mode beta test in summer, exhibiting @Gamescom, game play available in multiple occasion in fall, and release yr end. This is the trend of game promotion in western market.

I'm not sure if he's talking about Rising or games in general. I tweeted at him asking. Hopefully he'll respond.

duckroll

So Kojima tweeted this:

(JP) https://twitter.com/#!/Kojima_Hideo/status/146694153978380288
(EN) http://www.twitlonger.com/show/en4a62

I'm not sure if he's talking about Rising or games in general. I tweeted at him asking. Hopefully he'll respond.

The Japanese tweet makes it very clear that he's commenting on what is the trend for marketing in western games. He could also be indicating that they will be following this trend because Rising is a game targeted at western markets, but that would be something that is left unsaid.

Korigama

What happened to Kojima at the VGAs that he is ashamed of? Please no video link, just post what happened.
He decided to give the onstage announcement for Rising in English, but unfortunately had trouble with the delivery (the crowd cheered him on anyway, though).

Don

A bit late, but just seen the slightly extended trailer and it looks great. Everything about the Ray sequence looks like something out of Vanquish which is very cool. Also glad to see some typical Kojima humour at the end of the trailer and hope that we get a decent amount of that throughout the game.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
A bit late, but just seen the slightly extended trailer and it looks great. Everything about the Ray sequence looks like something out of Vanquish which is very cool. Also glad to see some typical Kojima humour at the end of the trailer and hope that we get a decent amount of that throughout the game.

I definitely got Vanquish vibes as well. I'll try to keep my expectations in check for now, but the idea of a Vanquish-esque action game set in the Metal Gear Solid universe gets me so, so wet. The confirmation of Platinum as the developer and the bits of gameplay footage in the trailer shot this up to the top of my 'most wanted' list.

Catalix

And on the sixth day the LORD David Bowie created man and woman in His image. And he saw that it was good. On the seventh day the LORD created videogames so that He might take the bloody day off for once.

Yeah, I enjoyed that bit from the extended trailer very much. Shame it didn't make the original cut, that simple addition has left a better impression on me. Can't wait to see more of Raiden's other abilities besides slicesliceslice.

Hell, they should just straight up give Raiden the boost/slide ability from Vanquish. Just play it off and say it's an advanced version of Solidus Snake's rocket accelerator from MGS2 :p

Carbonox

Didn't Vanquish pay homage to Snake anyway? The voice of Sam, the fact Sam smokes and your cigarettes actually have an in-game effect, etc. Not surprised P* would jizz from the mouth at the idea of now handling their own Metal Gear game. :p

rvy

Banned
Didn't Vanquish pay homage to Snake anyway? The voice of Sam, the fact Sam smokes and your cigarettes actually have an in-game effect, etc. Not surprised P* would jizz from the mouth at the idea of now handling their own Metal Gear game. :p

SAM smokes because Mikami smokes. The voice of SAM?

Top Bottom