• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid 4 meets Sin City : WTF !!

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
jetjevons said:
Translation anyone?

Yeah really, this has to be one of the more tragic thread derailments.

And where's my Tiny Toons game for PS2?!

jetjevons

Bish loves my games!
levious said:
Yeah really, this has to be one of the more tragic thread derailments.

And where's my Tiny Toons game for PS2?!

Tiny Toons PS2 is 100% complete. And it will sadly never ever be released. It's a shame because its one of the best 4 player co-op games ever.

conker

Banned
I think you're all forgetting the fact that MGS was great, but MGS2 and MGS3 were disappointments.

Kojima is NOT that great.

And yes, the Japanese LOVE our Hollywood.
I'm sure you can google up some hilarious Japanese commercials with Nicholas Cage or Sean Connery. It's what they DO.

conker said:
I think you're all forgetting the fact that MGS was great, but MGS2 and MGS3 were disappointments.

And yes, the Japanese LOVE our Hollywood.
I'm sure you can google up some hilarious Japanese commercials with Nicholas Cage or Sean Connery. It's what they DO.

Your mom was a dissapointment.

jetjevons

Bish loves my games!
conker said:

..aaaaand welcome to my ignore list my friend. I guarantee you won't be lonely.

conker said:

Heh, MGS3 is widely considered to be the best in the series now, by quite a margin too.

conker

Banned
Good for you.

Look at the sales.

Sorry, maybe I just don't like the same crap over and over. MGS was great. The others weren't. Even the original MG games are pretty bad. (Yes, even for their time)

Defend it all you want, but the MGS franchise is going the way RE did.
RE4 was able to save the fucking franchise.
I highly doubt MGS4 will give us anything new.

It's obvious Kojima loves movies, and wants to make movies.
I wouldn't be surprised if we see an MGS movie being (seriously) talked about after MGS4 sales are shit.

conker said:
Good for you.

Look at the sales.

Sorry, maybe I just don't like the same crap over and over. MGS was great. The others weren't. Even the original MG games are pretty bad. (Yes, even for their time)

I wouldn't be surprised if we see an MGS movie being (seriously) talked about after MGS4 sales are shit.

Bye.

Matlock

Banned
SolidSnakex said:
Heh, MGS3 is widely considered to be the best in the series now, by quite a margin too.

If you discount the crotch leeches and the camera that tells you "play another game!"

MGS:TTS > MGS2 > MGS3

MGS3:S is still nebulous but will probably fall between MGS and MGS2.

Jan

The main character in Policenauts is Mel Gibson , and I dont remember if there was even Danny Glover.

And as said before , Snatcher is some kind of rip off of Blade Runner.

Jan

Voilà

pn_edbrown.jpg

grab_jonathan1.gif

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
jetjevons said:
Tiny Toons PS2 is 100% complete. And it will sadly never ever be released. It's a shame because its one of the best 4 player co-op games ever.

I don't believe you! I'm gonna keep harassing you whenever I see you in a thread.

Seriously though, are you allowed to say why it won't get released?

conker said:
Good for you.

Look at the sales.

What is so wrong with injecting games with a little bit of movie style narrative? I loved RE4 but the plot and how they gave away certain key plot points (with notes? are you kidding me) was laughable. people keep talking about video games being the next movies but I fail to see many games which bother with any thing but cliché ridden messes which serve only as the most basic framework to keep the action moving (but don't get me wrong I think alot of developers have the action part down).

jetjevons

Bish loves my games!
levious said:
I don't believe you! I'm gonna keep harassing you whenever I see you in a thread.

Seriously though, are you allowed to say why it won't get released?

The European publisher funding the game (SWING) filed for bankrupcy before it was released. By the time we got around to freeing up the rights from the bankrucpy court Sony had updated their software libraries and we needed to update the code to get Sony appoval. We talked with Treasure about it but never came to an agreement. I guess Swing owed them a bunch of money.

I keep pushing for Conspiracy to have Treasure port it to PSP tho. It would make an awesome PSP title.

conker said:
Good for you.

Look at the sales.

Wow...Fuckin wow.

Edit: Aren't you the same guy that bashed Soul Calibur for being a button masher and then praised Killer Instinct in the same post?

conker said:
Good for you.

Look at the sales.

Damn it! where are all these annoying n00bs coming from? Shut the fuck up troll.

Vasili2K38

conker said:
Good for you.

Look at the sales.

One of the worst trolling I've seen in a long time :lol, you should take lessons ¬¬U

conker said:
Good for you.

Look at the sales.
Sales numbers do not equal a good game. Maybe you'd be better off in the stickied NPD thread if you think I am off my rocker.
conker said:
I realize you are new here, but you are so far in the minority (at least at this board) when it comes to the MGS series that you may just want to stay out of these threads. GAF voted MGS3 Game of Year last year, and that was a vote held by the members of the board not the site.

So. Pipe down. I can only grin and bear people who have no idea on what they are talking about for so long.

I expect great things out of this meeting

conker said:
just because you don't understand it doesn't mean it suck

ToyMachine228 said:
Very interesting...There had to be a business reason as well for the two to sit down though, and I'm very interesting to find out what that was. He said the meeting was secret too so something is definitely up.

Well he mentioned a Famitsu recently that the collaboration for MGS4 will be even bigger than the Ape Escape collaboration.

Agent Dormer

Dirty Drinking Smoker
conker said:
Good for you.

Look at the sales.

MGS1 sold well, MGS2 sold better than that, and MGS3 sold decently... so what are you talking about? :lol

Solid

Agent Dormer said:
MGS1 sold well, MGS2 sold better than that, and MGS3 sold decently... so what are you talking about? :lol
yeah wtf, MGS3 is close to 4 million copies sold world wide. i guess a game must sell GTA numbers to be considered a hit.

Tain said:
I seriously hope he doesn't get banned for that.

The guy have been trolling and saying stupid crap since he joined, it was only a matter of time, it's not a surprise at all. Look at his posting history if you have to.

Tain

The guy have been trolling and saying stupid crap since he joined, it was only a matter of time, it's not a surprise at all. Look at his posting history if you have to.

Makes sense, then.

4490722_200X150.jpg

XGoldenboyX

Man some people just don't get it.

As much as I loved MGS, MGS 3 as the best production and quality value of it's series. It's a very impressive product and is considered one of the best games of this generation.

I give alot of prop's to team's " Hardworking people" that make games with defined quality. I might not like the gameplay of some games but I do give credit to theyr quality values!

" GameDev "

Goreomedy

Console Market Analyst
Amir0x said:
Hahaha, he edited his post to say "Gamedev"

Wtf

Haven't you heard? GAF is a hotbed of game developers. When in doubt, call yourself one. Then, you become one of the circle.

More than anything Kojima loves John Carpenter:

Assault on Precinct 13 -> Napoleon
Snatcher (Informant) -> Napoleon

Escape from New York -> Snake Plisken
Metal Gear Solid -> Snake

Vampires -> Boktai

He's gone on record publicly stating so... J.C. is his favorite director...

sly

Banned
GAF doesn't care about MGS4.

No bigger scans or translation? What mag is that? I'm dying here :/

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
>>>I think this is about Kojima's love of the movie Sin City,<<<

Because it has almost no color, like his games?

So all we know is that Kojima and Miller had a meeting for an hour and a half...And Kojima has said there will be a bigger collaboration than Ape Escape in MGS4. I think I smell Hartigan Snake.

Top Bottom