• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid V and Ground Zeroes coming to Steam, according to Konami UK website

Mudcrab

Qav5GIu.png

Ozium

mr Hideo "this is my last metal gear I swear" Kojima would rather remake MGS1 than Snatcher or Policenauts..

And you people wonder what I have against this man...

Tain

mr Hideo "this is my last metal gear I swear" Kojima would rather remake MGS1 than Snatcher or Policenauts..

And you people wonder what I have against this man...

I don't think any of these games particularly needs a remake, but MGS1 probably has the most to benefit from visually. Snatcher and Policenauts still look great.

Ozium

I don't think any of these games particularly needs a remake, but MGS1 probably has the most to benefit from visually. Snatcher and Policenauts still look great.

putting Snatcher and Policenaut on Steam would be fine with me...

Denton

I really dislike the "everything flies with baloons" mechanic. So ridiculous and immersion breaking. The cardboard box gameplay is kinda lame too :(

Still though I expect it to be great on the whole.

Ozium

I really dislike the "everything flies with baloons" mechanic. So ridiculous and immersion breaking. The cardboard box gameplay is kinda lame too :(

Still though I expect it to be great on the whole.

not to mention it's ridiculous that technologhy in the metal gear world regressed substantially between the the 70s and 2000s... Kojima will never explain this, if he does it will be THE PATRIOTS DID IT LOLOL.. what a great writer.

Dr. Buni

Skip it and hope the next multiplatform Souls game is not "for a wider audience" difficulty wise.
That is what I will be doing. Hopefully we will get a multiplatform (spiritual) sequel to Bloodborne, like Dark Souls was to Demon's Souls.

neoemonk

One pillar of the PS4 trifecta has been shattered for me.

It was:
Metal Gear Solid
Final Fantasy
Bloodborne

The other two are still strong enough to pull me in however.

One pillar of the PS4 trifecta has been shattered for me.

It was:
Metal Gear Solid
Final Fantasy
Bloodborne

The other two are still strong enough to pull me in however.

i think it's cool PC gamers have a chance to play a game made specifically for consoles. idk thats just me and its only normal since we also getting pc games coming over to console.

A.Romero

I got a PS4 and a capable gaming PC.

I'm happy that more people can enjoy Kojima's work and I hope this is the beginning of a trend.

As long as choice is offered I don't see what the problem is, the game wasn't exclusive anyway so its not like is going to cripple Sony's strategy.

Think of the advantages:

- Lower price in the future
- Better performance (maybe even 4K gaming)
- Probably alternate servers when MGO inevitably gets unplugged
- Maybe mod support?
- The possibility of having other Fox Engine games on PC!

I think it is something to be happy about.

oti

Banned
PS4 at launch -> Selling used PS4 copy -> PC during Steam Sale

This seems to be the way to go this generation.

Top Bottom