• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid V announced (PS360, open world)

big youth

Neat. for years now I've been predicting that more and more games will be open world. it's a natural evolution of videogames that works with numerous genres.

and others have pointed out, all these current gen announcements make me think I won't be buying the PS4 for many years.

Looks amazing, day 1 like all the MGS games for me, curious if this'll come out on PC as well, surprised it wasn't announced for PS4. Kinda bummed about Hayter tho

Cornbread78

jerk-2.jpg

What's with the platform list? I doubt anyone was seriously expecting Wii U or Vita versions, but why pretend that this isn't a cross-gen title?

I am saddened by no Hayter, he will forever be Snake.

On that note, this game has just taken all my hype, I'm going to care less about any next generation game at the moment if this is only releasing on PS360; my game of generations!

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
I'm pretty disappointed this is current gen.

Big third party games are not going to ignore 120 million 360/PS3 consoles to target the miniscule install base of their successors, it just doesn't make business sense. It will be a good few years before 'true' next-gen entries in the big series arrive.

Mr. RHC

That trailer scene:
I'm afraid, it has been 9 years

I don't even, who is the guy helping Snake, beside obviously, Miller-Desu??

Wow, truely am shocked.

Empty

i loved the trailer. not very kojimaey till the end with the fox vs xof but the combination of music and visuals worked well.

no hayter makes me sad :( surprised there's no ps4 version though i guess that might be part of their e3 showing.

Reiko

Banned
If this is current gen only...

I fear for the framerate.

I expect a MGS3 framerate if that is even possible.

The Lamp

So what? We should just use him every time for that reason alone, diregarding that he hasn't done a good job at it? LOL.

He's done a fine job. He's been playing an older and older Snake each game so the voice has gotten a bit more grungy since MGS1. So what?

current gen version will likely barely hold a constant 30 fps similar to mgs3 on ps2

ps4 version at the sorny e3 conference, believe

Top Bottom