• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid V announced (PS360, open world)

LiK

Quite obvious they'll have ports for the next gen systems after you all buy the current gen one. This is Konami yo.

jett

D-Member
iHCRIKPb6Rk8B.gif

Is there something stuck in his forehead?

rvy

Banned
He's done a fine job. He's been playing an older and older Snake each game so the voice has gotten a bit more grungy since MGS1. So what?

Yeah, it's not that he's doing a bad Snake impersonation from MGS, it's that Snake has gotten older and his voice is more grungy.

Awesome trailer. I'll play it because I've played all the mainline games in the series, but please for the love of god don't be as disappointing as MGS 4.

Angry Fork

If there is no Hayter in the final game it will be devastating for me, as I grew up with Snake and MGS is my favorite series. He just is Snake, anyone else playing that character is cringe worthy. If they pick another actor they have to try to emulate Hayter's voice, it can't be completely different.

Hopefully they settle things before the game launches, there's still lots of time left I imagine. Maybe the one in the demonstration is just a place holder, I hope.

I am totally not interested in more Big Boss prequel fiction wank from Kojima.

New hero, new story ark please.

And no Hayter is weird.

Maybe they use Hayter for the pre coma stuff? That would be something Kojima would do.

Red-Shift

Neo Member
The Linear Workflow HDR Gamma Correction stuff is fantastic. Correct brightness has been a huge issue in many current gen titles for me personally. BF3 on consoles for example is always either too bright or too dark for me, which is more than annoying.

jett

D-Member
David Hayter is one of the worst voice actors in gaming. I'm glad he's gone. Maybe Snake will be at least remotely believable in this game.

Hex

Banned
I love MGS but I will be honest, I am not sure if I am feeling this one.
Hopefully it will grow on me.
Definitely a great trailer and all and the song is in my head but it just did not feel right to me.

Lord Phol

Loooks goood! But not I'm worrying about how many of the big boss games I need to play to understand anything about the game D:. Only played the main series :x.

ALM5252

If this does get released for the PS4 in the future, I'd buy one just for MGSV. If it doesn't, I'd wish it was coming to the Wii U, but I'll get it for PS3 if none of the others happen. :)

So who are the people on the gurneys to the left and right of BB at the beginning of the trailer? Guy on the left seems to be referring to the guy whose eyes we're seeing out of when he says "what about him"

Top Bottom