• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes PC |OT| It's been a long time...

Dries

Fuck, while paying for this, I accidentally clicked "cancel" at the part where you have to pick your bank with iDeal. Steam went berserk and forced me to cancel my payment. But now Steam has already put the game in my Library and says I'm not allowed to buy the game anymore "cause it's already in my Libraby".. And when I want to install it says "My payment is still processing", but I haven't paid anything at all yet..

Anyone know what to do?

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Konami, Kojima & Co. are really pulling all the right strings. First it looks to be a fantastic PC port. Second the day the game is released it's -33% off!

This is how you do it. THANK YOU!

Riddy

Bought for 13 bucks. Holding off until my shiny 970 gets here tomorrow so I can experience this in full glory :3

I officially have no reason to get a PS4 now

...till Bloodborne anyway

I have absolutely no idea why I bought this game. Never played Metal Gear Solid and never will. Ah I know why it's start of the steam sales.

ZanDatsu

It actually has an option to switch displays within the game itself... For a PC game out of Japan, I'm honestly shocked by that, and I mean in a damn good way.

Embearded

Konami, Kojima & Co. are really pulling all the right strings. First it looks to be a fantastic PC port. Second the day the game is released it's -33% off!

It seems that "The Twelve Days Of Metal Gear" event, was about the -33%....

Randam

well, you can't use your mouse in the menues.
that's kind of a bummer.

jk
but still :/

Dries

Fuck, while paying for this, I accidentally clicked "cancel" at the part where you have to pick your bank with iDeal. Steam went berserk and forced me to cancel my payment. But now Steam has already put the game in my Library and says I'm not allowed to buy the game anymore "cause it's already in my Libraby".. And when I want to install it says "My payment is still processing", but I haven't paid anything at all yet..

Anyone know what to do?

Never mind! You just have to go to Account Details in Settings!

Performance is great so far. At 1080p and max settings, the opening cutscene runs at locked 60 (apart from a couple of moments when it drops to around 58), though in gameplay I had to lower shadow quality and model detail to high instead of extra high, otherwise it'd drop to about 52FPS. Specs are GTX 770 2GB, i7 4770K and 16GB RAM. Gonna try out Windows 8.1 and check for any differences.

The Cowboy

OK I'm very impressed, if they can make the full game look this good and run this well i'll be happy.

PII X4 @ 3.8ghz, R9 280X @ 1100/6000 set to 1080p and full extreme settings with the 30fps lock = fully stable, all settings 1 notch down (plus extreme textures) and its 60fps pretty much solid (and I'd be hard pressed to see the difference between this and extreme).

Very happy so far with the PC version.

Spaghetti

the bokeh effect and the improved lighting goes a long way to making the intro look a lot more like the 2012 reveal.

desperately needs some tessellation though.

RK9039

It's here.

B9FBIpt.png

Wow, getting bumped again. I'll buy from somewhere else.

ed: meh, GMG credits.

This is really tempting but with the inevitable import extras with MGS5 and PS4 undoubtedly having the best online community i'll just have to skip the better version.

Bricky

Is playing Peace Walker before this recommended? I bought it in some PSN sale a while ago and absolutely plan on playing it, so my question is if this would spoil anything about that experience (since I know GZ is somewhat of a sequel story-wise).

DieH@rd

Banned
Is playing Peace Walker before this recommended? I bought it in some PSN sale a while ago and absolutely plan on playing it, so my question is if this would spoil anything about that experience (since I know GZ is somewhat of a sequel story-wise).

You will not know who Paz and Chico are, and several other things. You have backstory section in the main menu of GZ though.

JB2448

I ordered it off of GMG, and it's saying my product code isn't valid. I didn't have this problem with Valkyria Chronicles, so I have no idea what's up.

Is it due to Steam's heavy traffic load right now?

Wounded

I don't think it would spoil the experience. It would spoil a few things about one characters fate, but it doesn't actually really ruin any twists enough that PW is irrelevant (since PW has a big focus on Big Boss himself).

Bricky

You will not know who Paz and Chico are, and several other things. You have backstory section in the main menu of GZ though.

Ah, okay then. If there is a 'backstory' section then I might as well hold off and finish Peace Walker first. I don't really want to ruin the story of a game I'm going to play anyway.

Top Bottom