• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes PC |OT| It's been a long time...

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
Man I should have gone with GMG instead of nuuvem.

Denton

Alright, had to knock down lightning and SSAO down to mere "high". All the other stuff at extra high at 1080p gives me 60fps without any drops, on 2500k@4ghz, 280X, 8GB RAM.

Funnily enough, at 1080p I get 20-40fps in 15 years old game Outcast. But then this is a voxel based game that does not use GPU in any way :)

Pachimari

If I'm downsampling and want a more steady 60fps framerate, which settings should I turn down? Or should I just turn off downsampling all together and enjoy it at 60fps?

Alright, had to knock down lightning and SSAO down to mere "high". All the other stuff at extra high at 1080p gives me 60fps without any drops, on 2500k@4ghz, 280X, 8GB RAM.

Funnily enough, at 1080p I get 20-40fps in 15 years old game Outcast. But then this is a voxel based game that does not use GPU in any way :)

Is it??

The game runs like butter on my PC, but I have to say I have no fucking clue what is going on story wise right now. A little more context for the mission would have been appreciated.

Dawg

Was going to buy it but then this happened.

B5KOd2KCYAAjb0G.png:large

Thanks comfypucks <3

The game runs like butter on my PC, but I have to say I have no fucking clue what is going on story wise right now. A little more context for the mission would have been appreciated.

game takes place after Peace Walker. Snake is sent to rescue Paz (a girl who knows the wearabouts of the motherbase) and Chico (who also knows everything). Snake met up with Paz and Chico during the events of Peace Walker.

Pleasantly surprised by the performance I got without having to tweak the options. I was worried that my ATI card would have performance issues because of some big ol' conspiracy.

Vuze

Bud got a problem. Does somebody else have issues with controller symbols being displayed despite having no gamepad connected at all? Controlling is impossible as well.

E: Vjoy was the problem.

Played for an hour or so. I had to set a lot of things to medium/low, but it runs at a pretty solid framerate on my laptop (despite not entirely meeting the minimum system requirements).

Pachimari

It's explained in the guide :p

It's Screen Space Ambient Occlusion (not as good as HBAO)

Searching through that I see it makes for a clearer image, which is nice, so I won't turn it down. I think I'm gonna go with 1080p and no downsampling.

And man does it feel great with keyboard/mouse.

ShaunBRS

DoF (screen filtering) on extra high nearly always blurs the foreground as opposed to the background, so whenever you crouch BB is always out of focus. Looks really weird and is much better on high, but on high you lose screen space reflections :\

Anyone looked into individual config settings or anything yet? I haven't had a chance yet.

Mifec

I have a confession to make: I thought the bokeh dof would look horrible ingame, I couldn't have been more wrong it's an amazing effect imo.

I'm $4.20 (lol git it bruh) short on getting GZ on Steam, would love to be able to get it with card/gem money. I've got 48 hours to get my grind on.

kudoboi

i really hate how once i press shift tab to open the steam overlay, the controller stops functioning. (eg: i cant turn the camera)

any fix for this?

eMpTy23

Tried, but nope :( Box with "preparing to launch" pops u like 1 second and then disappears :(

I've had a similar issue with other games. Right-click the game in your library, click Local Files tab, click verify integrity of game cache. This has always fixed it for me in the past. Hopefully it does for you, too.

Spaghetti

once i move my mouse inside the game i get the spinning 'loading' circle from windows.

weird. can't even move it off screen after either.

pretty impressed with performance though. going from the ps3 version to this is a real change. especially when it comes to controls, playing it on an xbox pad is weird enough but going from sub-30fps to 60fps really brings out how fluid the controls really are.

once i move my mouse inside the game i get the spinning 'loading' circle from windows.

weird. can't even move it off screen after either.

pretty impressed with performance though. going from the ps3 version to this is a real change. especially when it comes to controls, playing it on an xbox pad is weird enough but going from sub-30fps to 60fps really brings out how fluid the controls really are.

I have the same problem.

Excellent, game won't start and there's a 72 reply thread on Steam community about the same issue. Restarting Steam doesn't do anything. Clicking the .exe reveals an error

MFPlat.dll missing. A Google search shows that if you're using N editions of Windows (as I am) you may be missing this file. So yeah, Ground Zeroes is not compatible with Windows 8.1 N editions.. this information isn't listed on Steam at all.

Pachimari

I can't imagine playing MGS with keyboard and mouse... I'm almost afraid to try it. (I have my Dual Shock 3 setup). Still waiting for the download to finish...

Yeah, I have been playing MGS with the Dual Shock since the first one, but it feels great with a keyboard/mouse setup I must admit.

Durante

Excellent, game won't start and there's a 72 reply thread on Steam community about the same issue. Restarting Steam doesn't do anything. Clicking the .exe reveals an error

MFPlat.dll missing. A Google search shows that if you're using N editions of Windows (as I am) you may be missing this file. So yeah, Ground Zeroes is not compatible with Windows 8.1 N editions.. this information isn't listed on Steam at all.
It's a 345kB dll. Get someone to send it to you?

Top Bottom