• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes PC |OT| It's been a long time...

Holdfing

There aren't. Only language options

So I have to use windows volume controls? Oookay...
Too big of a fanboy to care though.

Anyway, game runs between 47-60 FPS on an FX6300 and 260x, settings at 1080p, all high except shadows and texture filtering on medium. I'm fine with that.

Dries

Wow, what a port this is... I'm getting around 35-45 fps playing at 2560 x 1440 downsampled to 1920 x 1080 with Max settings for everything. Used RivaTuner to cap my framerate at 40 and the IQ is glorious.

i5 2500K 4.4Ghz
GeForce 770 2GB
8 GB VRAM
2560 x 1440

By the way, for the people who have gotten there already: Is there a difference between night/daytime concerning framerate?

COOLER MASTER HAF X Blue Edition
COOLER MASTER Silent Pro Gold Series RS800-80GAD3-US 800W
COOLER MASTER Hyper 212 EVO
Intel Core i7-3770 Ivy Bridge 3.4GHz (3.9GHz Turbo)
EVGA 04G-2983-KR GeForce GTX 980 Superclocked 4GB 256-Bit GDDR5 ACX 2.0 PCI Express 3.0
ASRock Z77 Extreme4 LGA 1155 Intel Z77
G.SKILL Sniper Gaming Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1866 (PC3 14900)
Western Digital WD Black WD1002FAEX 1TB 7200 RPM SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" ASUS Black Blu-ray Drive SATA Model BC-12B1ST/BLK/B/AS
SAMSUNG 840 EVO MZ-7TE120BW 2.5" 120GB SATA III TLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD)

Getting 60fps on max settings 1920x180 with some random dips in the high 50's.

You should really be getting more performance with that setup... My 770 gives me a solid 60 fps at 1080p..

ShaunBRS

KB+M controls feel really good, I have to say. Did a DS4 run too because the animation transitions are really smooth with analogue controls, but mouse aiming is niiiiice.

Also I made this 'cuz I'm a fanboy.

NM5Q7OM.jpg

First death. Got spotted by the tower guard, ran and jumped off the cliff.

My first impressions, having only ever played Twin Snakes. What a convoluted game. I'm barely able to follow the basic Chico and Pas narrative, let alone all the proxy relationships. Still.. hopefully it'll sink in by the time I'm done.

My first impressions, having only ever played Twin Snakes. What a convoluted game. I'm barely able to follow the basic Chico and Pas narrative, let alone all the proxy relationships. Still.. hopefully it'll sink in by the time I'm done.

Do make sure you do the backstory in the main menu.

Sini

HNNNNNNNG!
This Game THIS FUCKING GAME.

I didn't even think this would run on a GT 550m netbook laptop! a 550m!
I don't play much pc games on my computer so I was afraid that this wouldn't run. But man, I was wrong.
My rig can only go up to 1366 x 78 so I couldn't go above 1080p, but this runs a smooth60fps on all settings high on 1280x720! Consider me very impressed.

My specs:
i7-2670QM CPU 2.20GHZ
GeForce 550m
12.00 GB of Ram.

gear.png

GEAR2.png
I have same GPU, but only i5 which has only two cores. :(

Edit: No, actually I have 555M

Nzyme32

This is an AMAZING port. Even better, I can run it well below the minimum specs

1366x768 30fps usually locked with exception of dips to mid 20s only when using binoculars at distance

i5 2430m 2.4ghz - Dual Core (4 threads)
4gb ram
GTX 525m 1gb

Every thing on low with the exception of screen filtering which only goes as low as medium.

Messing with it further, I can go up to high on effects and medium models, with same 30fps with the only exception being dips when using binoculars at distance to 17fps again for about a second. I'm guessing caching or streaming data with a lack of vram.

Still pretty impressed since I went into this expecting the worst

I have same GPU, but only i5 which has only two cores. :(

Edit: No, actually I have 555M

If it works for me it has to work for you

This is an AMAZING port. Even better, I can run it well below the minimum specs

1366x768 30fps usually locked with exception of dips to mid 20s only when using binoculars at distance

i5 2430m 2.4ghz - Dual Core (4 threads)
4gb ram
GTX 525m 1gb

Every thing on low with the exception of screen filtering which only goes as low as medium.

Messing with it further, I can go up to high on effects and medium models, with same 30fps with the only exception being dips when using binoculars at distance to 17fps again for about a second. I'm guessing caching or streaming data with a lack of vram.

Still pretty impressed since I went into this expecting the worst

If it works for me it has to work for you

sounds good to me. i've got better specs than this although still a video card one notch below 'minimum'.

Nzyme32

sounds good to me. i've got better specs than this although still a video card one notch below 'minimum'.

The only issues I am having is that my laptop sounds like it is about to take off (similar to playing Alien Isolation), and Steam Overlay doesn't seem to work, although I'm going to look into that one

Adnor

Banned
Nuuvem uploaded their store again:

18/12/2014 - Devido a grande procura, as chaves de Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes estão esgotadas. A venda desse jogo continuará disponível e os novos pedidos realizados durante esse período que não tiverem recebido a chave do jogo, receberão assim que um novo lote estiver disponível. Esperamos que isso ocorra até amanhã às 12:00 PM (BRT).

We should get our key in aprox. 4 hours.

justjim89

This isn't even launching for me. I hit play 10 minutes ago and after the preparing to launch dialogue box disappeared nothing has happened. It even says in my task manager that it's running. Any idea what's going on?

Not a great first playthrough, too many restarts, but I'll take it. Though, there's a slight advantage in that if you restart at a certain point after hitting a checkpoint the game may respawn you actually ahead of where you were. Even though I'd gotten spotted a couple of times, when I restarted at the last checkpoint it set me up past whatever it was that was spotting me. I'll play through it again without restarting, but I'm sure I'll have to actually use a weapon.

Also, for people who are having a problem just getting the game to launch you might need to try to disable any non-360 controllers. There's a thread on the Steam forum where people need to disable a lot of Logitech controllers. I have a G13, unplugging it didn't help, but in the control panel I disabled the joystick (the little thumbstick on the side of the G13) and the game started up just fine.

Performance wise, i7 3770 (mild overclock) and a 290x, runs like butter at 1440p everything on high except texture stuff which is on very high. If I turn everything up to max it gets a little choppy.

Greenzxy

This isn't even launching for me. I hit play 10 minutes ago and after the preparing to launch dialogue box disappeared nothing has happened. It even says in my task manager that it's running. Any idea what's going on?

Did you install the latest Geforce Experience Driver?

This is probably the worst place to get introduced to the story again. This game is basically the end of Peace Walker. You're gonna wanna at least read the back story stuff in the menu to get a sense of what's going on.

Yea, it's not like this is the 5th game in a long running and story driven series.

Pjsprojects

How long does it take nuuvem to get me my key? I purchased today but in the my games section it says - Not yet generated key,
there may be a delay in production.

Paid via Paypal and the account shows complete, waited three hours up to now.

Stevey

i really hate how once i press shift tab to open the steam overlay, the controller stops functioning. (eg: i cant turn the camera)

any fix for this?

Doesnt happen to me, but cant you change what keys opens the overlay somewhere in Steam settings.

Grief.exe

Well now you've done it Kojima, I want to play MGS1-4+PW again.

After my play session I also got the strong urge to play MGS4 again.

MGS4 in 1080P/60FPS would be pretty awesome. And maybe some mods to add more gameplay after the first two acts.

Give Legacy Collection.

Hopefully the coming game runs just as smooth, i'm gonna go full in on MGO.

TPP is going to be something else. Good chance it will launch along the console versions a la The Lords of Shadow series.

smuf

It looks and runs great for me. Still getting quite a bit of pop-up which is a shame since it looks incredible otherwise.

RK9039

Are there more guards in this version or what? I don't remember there being this many in the console one I played.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
EA games often lack basic controller support.

I can't recall any EA title I've ran/bought that didn't have controller support in some way. Now, full-on support is another story. Crysis has half-controller support IIRC. BF3 is also half-controller in singleplayer. But multiplayer for BF3/4 runs fine. Bad Company 2 doesn't support controllers IIRC.

justjim89

I got it to work by going into the folder and running the exe directly.

And holy shit! I have a very past-its-prime laptop that struggles with most newer game and this runs great on low settings! Usually between 25-30 FPS and that's honestly more than I was expecting. This Fox Engine is a miracle worker. Based Kojima showing console devs how to optimize a PC game!

dc89

Is Kaz's VA in Japanese the same as Gintoki ? Sounds like him.

Yeah it's him.

You may not be aware, but the Japanese version of the game contains so many cool dialog tapes that are not in the western release.

All about how Big Boss & Kaz met (which I know is covered in other games) but it's really great to hear it in Ground Zeroes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3aoc9n3F6g - the said tapes, some would consider these as spoilers I guess. Such a shame we didn't get a western translation, well worth a listen.

You may not be aware, but the Japanese version of the game contains so many cool dialog tapes that are not in the western release.

All about how Big Boss & Kaz met (which I know is covered in other games) but it's really great to hear it in Ground Zeroes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3aoc9n3F6g - the said tapes, some would consider these as spoilers I guess. Such a shame we didn't get a western translation, well worth a listen.

Do we still get the tapes by switching the game to japanese ? Would really be a bummer if we didn't.

Top Bottom