• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes PC |OT| It's been a long time...

dc89

Do we still get the tapes by switching the game to japanese ? Would really be a bummer if we didn't.

Hmmm, I don't know.
All I know is these tapes are not on the Western console release.

Edit: I asked on UKnighted's Twitch channel and I got this answer

Jr1DTv8.png
ucPajYo.png

Mechazawa

You have to download the Japanese voices separately!?

Yeah, in order to get japanese voices you have to set your game to "Japanese" in the preferences for the game, which downloads another 2 gigs.

But the issue is I can't read any of the fucking menus or the backstory because that's all in japanese too. I guess I'll save it for a second run.

Edit: Christ, switching it back to English makes it download 2 gigs again. Why steam. Why.

~Kinggi~

Banned
WHAT A GLORIOUS TIME TO BE ALIIIIIIVE

MGS releasing on steam during the first day of lord Gabens steam sale. Top seller making DAT steam bucks cash money BASED KOJIMA mmmmmmmmmmmm

-Deimos

Can anyone using a controller tell me if you can use the mouse at the same time? Or does it lock out mouse movement while receiving controller input.

UnrealEck

Can anyone using a controller tell me if you can use the mouse at the same time? Or does it lock out mouse movement while receiving controller input.

You can switch between them but for me, I have to click the mouse to sort of activate or capture it in the game.

Do we know what the equivalent settings are on PC to match the PS4 version?.

Someone from NVidia said 'High' settings, other people are saying some settings surpass the PS4's at that.

Ketch

bought and beaten (the main mission anyway), are the side ops much different? I'm going to play it again for sure, I want to at least go back and see if I can beat it with no kills no detection.

Randam

Yeah, in order to get japanese voices you have to set your game to "Japanese" in the preferences for the game, which downloads another 2 gigs.

But the issue is I can't read any of the fucking menus or the backstory because that's all in japanese too. I guess I'll save it for a second run.

Edit: Christ, switching it back to English makes it download 2 gigs again. Why steam. Why.
Does it delete the english voices when you download the Japanese?
And you should be able to use japanese voices and English texts, don't you?

I only did a cursory search of this thread, so forgive me if this has been discussed: but what do the camera settings in the menu options relate to? I'm not entirely sure.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
You think it's buggier but don't know the reason?

Oh I do some small stuff like prompt confusion and clipping that wouldn't happen before seem to be happening way more frequently than before. I also got ejected from a jeep while driving once without pressing anything.
I think I'll verify the game data just in-case for now.

Chariot

How long does this game take to beat?
I didn't play any MGS before and just blasted myself through the level like a maniac without a plan and the counter told me I needed 47 minutes. And I don't know how much of the cuts scenes were calculated into that. It felt like I had to watch more cutscenes and credits than actual playing.

I heard experienced players take like 15 minutes and speedrunners can do it in 6.

Finished the main mission. It's my first MGS experience ever. Kind of difficult at times, but I like it a lot. Mechanics feel good. Great port, as it runs flawlessly on my setup.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Uh... is there REALLY no way to change the controller options from triggers (L/R2) to bumpers (L/R1)?

PORT RUINED. EVERYONE GO HOME.

Spaghetti

I didn't play any MGS before and just blasted myself through the level like a maniac without a plan and the counter told me I needed 47 minutes. And I don't know how much of the cuts scenes were calculated into that. It felt like I had to watch more cutscenes and credits than actual playing.

I heard experienced players take like 15 minutes and speedrunners can do it in 6.
i don't think cutscenes factor into recorded play time so... you definitely did more playing than watching.

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
Hopefully the high sales motivate Konami to port the other MGS games to Steam/PC, I need them.

Chariot

i don't think cutscenes factor into recorded play time so... you definitely did more playing than watching.
Whee! Seems like I run in circles a lot while searching for Paz. Still, cutscenes were really long, especially those at the end, that went Lord of the Rings and kept on bringing new scenes.

Cutscenes were probably regular size, but there wasn't much gameplay compared to them.

How long does this game take to beat?

The main mission took me about 2 hours since where you're supposed to go isn't 100% clear and I wanted to explore the island a little more.

With doing some of the side ops and collecting all of chicos tapes, I put about 4 hours into the game so far.

Xpliskin

This game .... good lord.

This just feels so good.

I just can't get used to snake's new voice :S

Everytime I imagine hayter speaking instead, feels super weird.

MetalDeer

Runs pretty well on my 4690K/HD 7950, have texture/model quality maxed with shadows/lighting on High, and filters off. Some parts in the cutscenes look a little rough without the DOF blurring away the bad textures, but otherwise the game looks and runs great during gameplay. 60 fps with a few rare dips here and there.

This game .... good lord.

This just feels so good.

I just can't get used to snake's new voice :S

Everytime I imagine hayter speaking instead, feels super weird.

Right??? Everything about the way that game plays just feels so damn good compared to any other metal gear.

Uh... is there REALLY no way to change the controller options from triggers (L/R2) to bumpers (L/R1)?

PORT RUINED. EVERYONE GO HOME.

I remember doing it on the PS4 version when I tried out the remote play on vita. Or maybe it was another TPS styled game. I don't remember too good.

Can someone do me a big favor? Greenmangaming isn't accepting my payment for some reason. If you can grab me a key I'll paypal you right back. PM me. Thanks.

Man, that final cutscene is crazy and absolutely gorgeous. Not sure how I feel about the gameplay though. I wish you could use the damn binoculars over cover.

Is the PC version SIGNIFICANTLY better looking/performing than the PS4?
I have a 780 for reference.

It's not a HUGE difference, but it's still quite a significant improvement. Less dithering, pop-in, better shadows, screen space reflections, etc. What CPU do you have? I have a 770 2GB and it runs incredibly well, so a 780 should be perfect.

Just finished the Main mission. Goddamn it was nice to play it at 60 frames compared to 720p sub30fps on ps3.

I also took around 56 pictures, most of them pretty shitty, but some of them turned out pretty damn good IMO. Also uncompressed. I'll link it below if anybody wanna check out how damn good the game looks on High (and not even maxed high).

MAJOR SPOILERS IN THE LINK SO BEWARE http://minus.com/mbygtOv2oc1tWA

Baust

Wanted to double dip on this, but it apparently requires 2.0 GB of dedicated video ram?

I've heard conflicting things on this. Some people are saying it doesn't really need it.

I ran my PC on the System Requirements Lab, and that's the only thing I'm missing for recommended.

Should I still bite?

longdi

Banned
having not played the PS4 version, im quite surprised the open world stealth gameplay is rather well done.

While not going for the 'realistic' feel of splinter cell games, it felt really good and maintains the MGS sneaking.

The AI is not as good though, could be held back by being a last gen port. Will playing on hard makes them smarter? I was throwing magazine at a guard and he dont react at all, and when he did, he felt a little 'slow' in his reaction times. *derp herp* lol

BNGames

Wow, what a port this is... I'm getting around 35-45 fps playing at 2560 x 1440 downsampled to 1920 x 1080 with Max settings for everything. Used RivaTuner to cap my framerate at 40 and the IQ is glorious.

i5 2500K 4.4Ghz
GeForce 770 2GB
8 GB VRAM
2560 x 1440

By the way, for the people who have gotten there already: Is there a difference between night/daytime concerning framerate?

You should really be getting more performance with that setup... My 770 gives me a solid 60 fps at 1080p..

Im not sure why Im having problem. My rig is completely overlocked and don't have issues with anything else.

Top Bottom