• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes PC |OT| It's been a long time...

Riddy

A bit off topic, but don't forget that Metal Gear Rising Revengeance is on sale for $5.99! Can't beat that price!

Sheytan

Game doesn't start for me :(

The Xbox 360 controller lights blinks once like the game have started though

My specs

| Corsair 1200AX | ASUS Maximus VI Forumula | 4770K @ 4.5 Ghz | Asus H100 |
| 16GB DDR3 2400 MHz | Asus DC2 GTX 780 Ti | Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | Enthoo Primo |
| Logitech G19s | Logitech G13 | Logitech G502 | Xbox 360 Wireless Controller | Windows 8.1 PRO x64 |

giphy.gif

brau

Ugh, I have this on PS3, is it worth double dipping on PC? Wish I waited :( .... help me decide gaf!

Double dip man.

Nothing will prepare you to how glorious the game looks in 1080 @ 60 fps with all kind of fancy effects from PC version.

Also, its only 13 dlls atm.

Miguel81

Yeah, I have been playing MGS with the Dual Shock since the first one, but it feels great with a keyboard/mouse setup I must admit.

It certainly did from the little bits I played. After I finish a run with the DS4, I'll be trying it with full KB/M. Chaos Theory was great with that setup.

Ugh, I have this on PS3, is it worth double dipping on PC? Wish I waited :( .... help me decide gaf!

Can you purchase it from Nuuvem. It was ~$9 on there earlier today when I bit.

Yeah so if you're running N editions of Windows, be sure to install this and reboot. It fixed the problem for me. Basically the game seems to depend on WIndows Media Framework.

I have honestly never encountered an issue like this before but it's going to affect a lot of people I think. Hopefully Konami can improve their error reporting to make it clearer. Has anyone else had this problem before with other games?

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2929699

Any confirms that a 630 GT card will run this? would love to play this tonight

my computer meets/exceeds all other recommended settings so it'd be a bummer!

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
You need to find all of the XOF Patches on the map.

No ones put a guide up for that on Steam yet? I mean there's numerous guides out there from the PS360 release on that and the cassettes.

Miguel81

Nuuvem looks foreign (in the US here) so probably not. $9 would be more appealing.

Yeah, it's a Brazilian site. I'm in the US too btw, but I was able to purchase there earlier today and activated my copy on Steam. They have the lowest price atm.

Edit: Nevermind, they're sold out.

Grief.exe

It certainly did from the little bits I played. After I finish a run with the DS4, I'll be trying it with full KB/M. Chaos Theory was great with that setup.

Chaos Theory had some goat stealth keyboard controls.

Yeah so if you're running N editions of Windows, be sure to install this and reboot. It fixed the problem for me. Basically the game seems to depend on WIndows Media Framework.

I have honestly never encountered an issue like this before but it's going to affect a lot of people I think. Hopefully Konami can improve their error reporting to make it clearer. Has anyone else had this problem before with other games?

Good fix, seems like a potential oversight that Konami could easily correct.

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
Yeah, it's a Brazilian site. I'm in the US too btw, but I was able to purchase there earlier today and activated my copy on Steam. They have the lowest price atm.

Anyone buying now be warned that they currently do not have any keys. I bought two hours ago and still haven't gotten mine.

Grief.exe

I only get 30 fps at 4k and it really bums me out.

Think about this for a second.

1080p: 2.07 million pixels.
4K: 8.3 million.

To put that in perspective, consoles are struggling to output 1080p/30 for the majority of games this generation.

Are there no sound settings?

Also, hair looks pretty good now. Dithering isn't nearly as bad as on consoles. Really happy with this port, looks and runs great, though it has a few minor issues like the camera control being a bit weird at times, and helicopter landings causing some pretty heavy FPS drops. DOF is also really overdone at times, blurring the whole screen because something's in the way when I zoom in.

Sini

That issue exists for Age of Empires 3 too. It won't have any voice acting or music on N editions.

When Screen Filtering set to Very High and Snake is close to the camera there is a really ugly blur on the model and haloing. Looks better set at High IMO.

Greenzxy

HNNNNNNNG!
This Game THIS FUCKING GAME.

I didn't even think this would run on a GT 550m netbook laptop! a 550m!
I don't play much pc games on my computer so I was afraid that this wouldn't run. But man, I was wrong.
My rig can only go up to 1366 x 78 so I couldn't go above 1080p, but this runs a smooth60fps on all settings high on 1280x720! Consider me very impressed.

My specs:
i7-2670QM CPU 2.20GHZ
GeForce 550m
12.00 GB of Ram.

gear.png

GEAR2.png

Untitled_4.png

Kezen

Banned
Wired or wireless 360, your computer will still see it as an Xinput device, making,the distinction irrelevant.

I would't even go anywhere near that high, even post-Xinput.

Alright, I wasn't shooting for statistical exactness, that was more of a general statement. The 360/Xbox One controllers are very widely supported, it's a foregone conclusion that a multiplatform game won't be an exception.
I don't know if the DS3/DS4 are on the other hand.

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
Just a heads-up if you change the game audio language the game doesn't recognize your save because you are actually changing game clients.

Miguel81

Alright, I wasn't shooting for statistical exactness, that was more of a general statement. The 360/Xbox One controllers are very widely supported, it's a foregone conclusion that a multiplatform game won't be an exception.

GZ has dinput support and works with the DS4 pad. Nevertheless, it's best to use DS4Windows as the game favors Xinput for vibration and button layout.

DieH@rd

Banned
Such a shame my GPU died few months ago. Now I'm stuck to 4850 and DX9-only gaming.

Stay safe PC-MGS-GAF, I won't be joining you this year. :-(

Grief.exe

Most people running DS3/DS4 setups will be utilizing an Xinput wrapper anyways, making the comparison negligible.

Dr.Acula

Banned
ok kool

I wanted to check because I tried playing Mass Effect 3 the other day, and couldn't get my wired 360 controller to work. At least not just by default

The ME series is the one weird, notable exception. Generally anything that's a port just works.

Dualshock controllers work fine, because the Xinput method essentially fools your PC into thinking it's a 360 controller.

Top Bottom