• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid V (PS3/360/PS4/XBO/Maybe PC) - Extended 9 minute E3 trailer

I want to be clear: what we have been shown is from next-gen builds, right?
Pc with this gen specs in mind. Only on higher resoltion with some extra bells and whistles (probably better texture detail). Kojima says the PS4 version will look much better.
So it won't look as good on PS3, but it will look better on PS4.

jett

D-Member
I want to be clear: what we have been shown is from next-gen builds, right?

The game is currently being designed and developed for PS360, so what you're seeing is somewhat of an approximation of how it will supposedly look on there. Well...more or less, the E3 trailer was rendered at 1080p.

You know what, man, at this point, who fucking knows. But I'd be wiling to wager the actual next-gen versions will have improvements over what we're currently seeing like proper transparencies and better AA.

Solo

So corny.
KuGsj.gif

Kojima.

Could Snake's horn perhaps be Carbonado? Found in Africa.

If you watch the trailer where the kids are holding the diamonds, the X-ray shows diamonds scattered on their body in a light yellow colour. Seconds later we see Snake flash up on an X-ray image and then fade, with two large yellow objects on/in his head. One's the horn, the other looks to actually be inside his head?! Cause of his coma?

We go from Cuba, to Africa, to Cyprus (?) to Afghanistan?

Throwing a crazy one out there. Could Punished Snake we see in these trailers be a different Snake to Big Boss we see in MG1 onwards? Their ideals and motivation seems to be totally different.

Also when we see Snake supposedly executing the kids. Is it possible that they're offering diamonds in return for their lives?

Solo

I am now sporting a MGSV av :lol

Kojima don't give a fuck. You're getting bikini-clad snipers and you're going to like it!

Izick

Some people still don't get it.

The outfit Quiet Wolf had on in that very quick cameo in the trailer was likely just what she had on after being tortured. Ocelot probably took off her jacket+shirt to shock her, and what we're seeing is the Quiet Wolf after that scene. (hence the runny eye-paint which is to block the sun's glare, but could also mean runny due to crying)

Could Snake's horn perhaps be Carbonado? Found in Africa.

If you watch the trailer where the kids are holding the diamonds, the X-ray shows diamonds scattered on their body in a light yellow colour. Seconds later we see Snake flash up on an X-ray image and then fade, with two large yellow objects on/in his head. One's the horn, the other looks to actually be inside his head?! Cause of his coma?

We go from Cuba, to Africa, to Cyprus (?) to Afghanistan?

Throwing a crazy one out there. Could Punished Snake we see in these trailers be a different Snake to Big Boss we see in MG1 onwards? Their ideals and motivation seems to be totally different.

Also when we see Snake supposedly executing the kids. Is it possible that they're offering diamonds in return for their lives?

Brilliant!

Everyone needs to read through this! This is really, really excellent work. This works in tow with the whole Skull face, Sailor Steve Costigan, Steve Costigan and British Agent "John" Gordon (Big Boss's first name is John).

The fuck? :lol

http://metalgearsolid.nl/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/Metal-Gear-Solid-V-Quiet-Actress-Cameras.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

Probably neeeded to capture all the angles and things of just hear head and neck clearly. Probably seems like overkill, but Kojima is a perfectionist.

Izick

Old, but I just saw this today https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JiVDBh5guec

Pretty interesting. Who knows ┐(´ー`)┌

There's obviously more here than we know.

The whole Robert E. Howard Skull-Face thing was a quick indication for me that everything wasn't as it seemed. The whole "Sailor" Steve Costigan and (other) Steve Costigan thing; the Pseudonym for REH's Skull-Face is also named "The Master," another name for Kaz. There's a British agent named "John" Gordon (John is Big Boss's real first name) who was a British agent who is needed to defeat Skull Face.

Then we had all the Hayter stuff. I just don't think Hayter is that unprofessional unless he's in on something or knows about something.

Basically everything was thrown out the window when Snake fell into a coma. Everything. We could see something as radical as Big Boss waking up from the coma and realizing he dreamed all of Metal Gear V through MGS4 or something crazy like that. That's definitely the most unlikely outcome, but I never throw anything out with Kojima.

♫We are not your kind of people.
You seem kind of phoney.
Everything's a lie.
We are not your kind of people.
Something in your makeup.
Don't see eye to eye.♫

Then we have the fact that the side character, NOT SNAKE, in bandages was the one who sounded like Kiefer Sutherland. That's fucking fishy.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
Basically everything was thrown out the window when Snake fell into a coma. Everything. We could see something as radical as Big Boss waking up from the coma and realizing he dreamed all of Metal Gear V through MGS4 or something crazy like that. That's definitely the most unlikely outcome, but I never throw anything out with Kojima.

That would actually be a very good way to reboot the entire series. And Kojima would be happy as he could then redo the saga without fan backlash due to retcons.

Much to his chagrin, Kojima will never be allowed by Konami to leave Metal Gear.

Izick

That would actually be a very good way to reboot the entire series. And Kojima would be happy as he could then redo the saga without fan backlash due to retcons.

Much to his chagrin, Kojima will never be allowed by Konami to leave Metal Gear.
Exactly what I was thinking.

I still am of the mind that he himself can't think to leave the franchise, for whatever reasons. Maybe he doesn't feel anyone else could handle the series properly, or maybe he feels like he still has stories to tell with his own vision.

Im just excited the have the possibility of a Sniper Wolf like character again.
Still one of my favorite boss/characters of the series.

Yeah - me too. Also, I loved her death speech - the music and the emotions. Wow! I hope she's not a parent of Sniper Wolf though. I want Wolf to be an orphan who looks up to Big Boss as a father figure, admires him and all that.

RedSwirl

Sounds like Ground Zeroes is gonna be like the Tanker chapter of that game. The CVG interview suggests it's gonna be a smaller open world in order to get players (likely Japanese players) accustomed to the concept, before going into the main Afghanistan setting of the game.

EctoPrime

I think this trailer has a hidden music from Metal Gear 1 or 2. Running it at 33% when Ocelot is introduced 7 minutes in a chiptune track starts to play.

xASHLERx

Neo Member
Everything in that twitter account is too much in Japanese for a Dutch girl, yep she lives and works there but you would expect at least some Dutch or English every now and then, plus the Japanese that is used there is very advanced and Kanji heavy and everything is work related.

It seems to me that her Agency in Japan is the one doing those tweets

This is on her facebook page

Work and Education

Leiden University
Class of 2012 · Japanese Studies · Leiden, Netherlands

Broekhin College
Roermond

mehdi_san

Some people still don't get it.

The outfit Quiet Wolf had on in that very quick cameo in the trailer was likely just what she had on after being tortured. Ocelot probably took off her jacket+shirt to shock her, and what we're seeing is the Quiet Wolf after that scene. (hence the runny eye-paint which is to block the sun's glare, but could also mean runny due to crying)
Nope, sorry to disappoint but Kojima said that she will be wearing that as her main outfit during the game, but that there's a reason for that. My bet? Her skin has octo-camo so she needs to be naked to use it.

And yeah she speaks Japanese fluently, she was on Kojima's podcast talking about 3D capture and stuff (that pic with all the cameras). Won't hear her voice in the game though, since her character can't talk.

Izick

Nope, sorry to disappoint but Kojima said that she will be wearing that as her main outfit during the game, but that there's a reason for that. My bet? Her skin has octo-camo so she needs to be naked to use it.

And yeah she speaks Japanese fluently, she was on Kojima's podcast talking about 3D capture and stuff (that pic with all the cameras). Won't hear her voice in the game though, since her character can't talk.

Okay, but I'm saying maybe she has on her full outfit, then Ocelot tortures her (removes jacket so that he can put electric prods on her) and then she escapes or something and that's all she has.

mehdi_san

Okay, but I'm saying maybe she has on her full outfit, then Ocelot tortures her (removes jacket so that he can put electric prods on her) and then she escapes or something and that's all she has.
The way he explained it in the podcast made it sound like that's not the case. He said he knows people are gonna ask why is a sniper naked, that would only make her more visible in the desert. And he said that there's a reason why she does that, but he can't tell yet. And I think the black paint around her eyes disappearing is a hint of what her secret ability is.

xASHLERx

Neo Member
There's obviously more here than we know.

The whole Robert E. Howard Skull-Face thing was a quick indication for me that everything wasn't as it seemed. The whole "Sailor" Steve Costigan and (other) Steve Costigan thing; the Pseudonym for REH's Skull-Face is also named "The Master," another name for Kaz. There's a British agent named "John" Gordon (John is Big Boss's real first name) who was a British agent who is needed to defeat Skull Face.

Then we had all the Hayter stuff. I just don't think Hayter is that unprofessional unless he's in on something or knows about something.

♫We are not your kind of people.
You seem kind of phoney.
Everything's a lie.
We are not your kind of people.
Something in your makeup.
Don't see eye to eye.♫

Then we have the fact that the side character, NOT SNAKE, in bandages was the one who sounded like Kiefer Sutherland. That's fucking fishy.

I did not get the feeling that Skull Face has anything to do with Kaz reading the book.

Skull Face in the book is a snake charmer of men, using drugs to black mail the men's souls. This coupled with a mysterious power that binds them to him. He poisons all of the old secret society's with his charms, to create a new empire with him as there Messiah and slave master.

This sounds more like Zero or Gene, maybe even a new character all together.
But i think the Skull-Face in the book is hint to how the Skull Face in MGSV will be operating.

We will definitely hear her, just probably not words.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
I think this trailer has a hidden music from Metal Gear 1 or 2. Running it at 33% when Ocelot is introduced 7 minutes in a chiptune track starts to play.

I don't know if it's from MG1 or 2, but you are correct, I can hear it too.

Ends at around 7:11.

edit: And it picks up again around 7:22. So honestly I think it's just part of the actual song.

Top Bottom