• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain PC performance thread

NOT 100% CONFIRMED, BUT GAME APPEARS TO USE DENUVO DRM

Steam community thread about missing SSR

An official fix for Phenom CPU crashes is here

ALL SETTINGS MENUS

Click to see Steam page

Searched through the OT, saw no claims for this.

fd86W57.jpg

zj0BenV.png
New Nvidia Game-Ready drivers for MGSV + Mad Max
Newest AMD drivers, BETA

[/URL]No guides are up yet for Nvidia's site, and no one has had preview builds of the PC version to test the technical toolset for the game.

Share your experiences, settings, etc in here!

Note: I'll update with settings screenshots as soon as someone can send them to me, or my download finishes.

PC version DOES support custom MP3s, put them in the "CustomSoundtrack" folder withing the game's installation directory

ENABLE HBAO+ FOR NVIDIA USERS:
-- DO THIS IT'S WAY DAMN BETTER THAN THE STOCK ONE --

ENTIRE NVIDIA GUIDE CAN BE FOUND HERE

I wonder what kind of performance difference I can expect from what I got with Ground Zeroes. That game ran really well on my system.

GTX 980 FTW
16gb ram
1440p

Am going to do 1.20x DSR with everything maxed which was what I did for GZ for a solid 60 with the newest drivers. I don't see why not.

meptrep

Should run pretty close to Ground Zeroes except some larger maps, hopefully they increased the draw distance as well.

Spazznid

Why do people keep assuming the worst when we already got a demo?

If Ground Zeroes ran great, so too will TPP. Might be a few or ten fps lower, but considering the performance on consoles being better than GZ...

JimPanzer

i5 3570k@4.4k
GTX 970 OCed
16GB

could run GZ at 1440@60 at max settings. I'm going with HBAO+ for TPP, if this pushes me under constant 60fps, I'm going down to 1080p.

I'm really curious if they fixed the strange black-aura issues from the DoF.

Spaghetti

Care to show the exact steps please?
game hasn't finished downloading yet and i've never done it before but i think it goes like this

- open nvidia control panel
- go to 'manage 3d settings'
- switch from global settings tab to program settings tab
- add or select TPP in the 'select a program to customise' tab
- change the setting in the ambient occlusion tab

i'll try it myself when the game has finished downloading

PaypayTR

Banned
i7 2.1 3533 ghz
8gbram
amd hd 8730m

I hope i can play like gz. I played gz low but 60 fps stable i could play medium 30 fps stable too

I just hope that permanent spinning cursor crap isn't in this like it is in GZ. Using a controller the cursor wouldn't disappear and I had to put it into the corner to try and hide it. Annoying.

Salsa

Ground Zeroes runs at a pretty much constant (SOME weird instances) 60fps on my rig with SSAO instead of HBAO

2gig 680 (OCed)
8 gigs of ram
i5 2500k OCed to 4.3ghz

tell me this is the exact same and im happy

ace22b

Anyone else getting disk write error after fully downloading?

I tried verifying game cache but that didn't do anything.

Redownloading now :/

Excited to see benchmarks of GZ vs TPP, hopefully theres some improvement, but I'd expect similar to GZ, which is FIIIINE by me!

Thank goodness I've got this Wednesday off, was afraid I'd have to wait till the weekend to get my fill

ugh you gotta be kidding me

Information edited out because I'm not risking getting my ass banned for piracy forum screencaps, but:

dtM1tGa.png

ugh you gotta be kidding me, are there any instances of it not affecting performance?

As far as I'm aware it's always had a slight, slight impact on performance. Nothing you'll suffer from if you aren't trying to run the game at 30fps/640x480/lowest possible... I think.

daxy

For some reason the Nvidia installer for the latest driver fails, but when I go to the Nvidia control panel it says that I've got 355.82 installed anyway. Running Windows 10. Anyone got experience with this?

Yes, according to pirate forum screencaps posted on /v/: The game does, indeed, use denuvo.

When these were posted? If more than... 1 hour ago, then it's complete bullshit, as no one had access to any single PC file.

Edit: Saw the screenshot, welp.

I sure hope that the performance loss isn't really that noticeable.

Buuuuuuuuuuuuut that's Konami, so who knows.

Denuvo isn't always online DRM right?

Top Bottom