• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid's LittleBigPlanet screens

Mik2121

Ranger X said:
That the use of my "climb texture". It could also highlight if you have the power up. There's always an easy way. :)
I doubt that would fit 99% of the stage themes. Like, having an Egyptian temple with some ladders or some whatever kind of material... shinning? Not sure..

If it was me, it would be something with a simple look, like the typical rod/piston wire with some little wires crossed (the ladder steps) and an option to highlight the sides to make it more recognizable, choose the color of the highlight and... mmm can't really explain it, so basically something like this:

ladderdescription.jpg

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
LiquidSwords said:
And now that i see the scope of these packs, the FFVII one will be maybe my favorite thing of all time.
Best case scenario, packing in a handful of themed level creation items with costume packs becomes the standard. Something this extensive strikes me as a special case we'll see very rarely, you're only setting yourself up for disappointment to expect it everytime another IP comes into LBP in the future.

Catalix

And on the sixth day the LORD David Bowie created man and woman in His image. And he saw that it was good. On the seventh day the LORD created videogames so that He might take the bloody day off for once.
Fenderputty said:
I like these gifs as much as the KZ2 ones! :lol
Ya, me too. I can't get enough of them :lol

Sony needs to relaunch LittleBigPlanet advertising and include this in the commercials. It will give the uninformed user an idea of how expansive the LBP universe can be.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
That's an idea, but..they need to be careful that it's clear that this stuff doesn't come on the disc so as not to disappoint would-be buyers.

I also think they should showcase the latest and greatest from the LBP universe in their ads on an ongoing basis. The first few, with levels made by different characters, is sort of going in the right direction, but I think the quality is there that they could actual spotlight real levels rather than contrive ones just for the ads.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
How do additional DLC trophies work? I just need one more for 100% (damn you 30 creator hearts! add me: ). When I download this will my % drop down from 100% or will they not count towards the percentage.

nyong

Banned
Dangit. I really can't afford this right now.

After reading this thread I was about 30 seconds from hopping in the car and driving to Best Buy...

Would anyone look down on me if I traded in several (finished) games at Game Stop? Even if it meant being able to afford LPB (right now...).

I like that. It's also a great way to make LBP seem fresh. The public have really short attention spans and a few weeks after a games release they'll think it "old" and move onto the next big project, even though they never played the game. By highlighting new user created levels, as well as new features and PSN packs, they might be able to keep the game in the users consciousness.

Zoe

alr1ghtstart said:
How do additional DLC trophies work? I just need one more for 100% (damn you 30 creator hearts! add me: joeinnit :)). When I download this will my % drop down from 100% or will they not count towards the percentage.

Probably drop. Remember other games have expansion-only trophies as well.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
nyong said:
Dangit. I really can't afford this right now.

After reading this thread I was about 30 seconds from hopping in the car and driving to Best Buy...

Would anyone look down on me if I traded in several (finished) games at Game Stop? Even if it meant being able to afford LPB (right now...).
You know you're gonna do it. Let go of some of the games you might not touch again.

Catalix

And on the sixth day the LORD David Bowie created man and woman in His image. And he saw that it was good. On the seventh day the LORD created videogames so that He might take the bloody day off for once.
Zoe said:
Probably drop. Remember other games have expansion-only trophies as well.
If you had 100% before, would you have to re-earn the Platinum trophy?

nyong

Banned
LiquidMetal14 said:
You know you're gonna do it. Let go of some of the games you might not touch again.

+1 sale

Goodbye Rainbow Six Vegas 2, Warhawk, Metal Gear Solid 4, Resistance, Jeanne D'arc, and Lego Star Wars. I hardly knew you.

Aenima

Catalix said:
If you had 100% before, would you have to re-earn the Platinum trophy?
I already have platinum in LBP and my LBP trophies are already updated with the MGS ones and droped to 80%. I kept the platinum trophy.

Ranger X

Mik2121 said:
I doubt that would fit 99% of the stage themes. Like, having an Egyptian temple with some ladders or some whatever kind of material... shinning? Not sure..

If it was me, it would be something with a simple look, like the typical rod/piston wire with some little wires crossed (the ladder steps) and an option to highlight the sides to make it more recognizable, choose the color of the highlight and... mmm can't really explain it, so basically something like this:

ladderdescription.jpg

It would work but only for making ladders. It would be harder to make so it looks like I simply climb a wall. Unless of course where could make that material or tool invisible.

Catalix

neoism

So is this coming to japan only or what. I get a week off starting the 25th and I haven't played LBP in about 3 weeks( just lost interest) I'd buy this DAY 1 though, and wanted to get back in LBP anyway to some more awesome GAF shit!

Teknoman

neoism said:
So is this coming to japan only or what. I get a week off starting the 25th and I haven't played LBP in about 3 weeks( just lost interest) I'd buy this DAY 1 though, and wanted to get back in LBP anyway to some more awesome GAF shit!

23rd release for NA

Catalix

ShinoguTakeruKoeru said:
Personally put it on my PS3 hard drive via PSP, it works.
Brilliant! Cheers :D

alr1ghtstart said:
How do additional DLC trophies work? I just need one more for 100% (damn you 30 creator hearts! add me: joeinnit :)). When I download this will my % drop down from 100% or will they not count towards the percentage.
The trophies are already there in the game after the last update today.

Fucking depressing to see your percentage drop. But I better get used to it, I ´ll guess the same will happen with the next dlc for Burnout Paradise.

Catalix

Dragnet said:
It's the pause before he shoots and then his slight steps forward as he keeps his serious face that make it so good :lol
Indeed.

Top Bottom