• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid's LittleBigPlanet screens

AndyD

aka andydumi
Linkzg said:
919qx3.gif

Someone please make me an avatar of the guy covered in !!!!!!!!

I call it.

Also, who hopes the Resistance pack is equally meaty? And what about a Motorstorm pack with some sort of improved driving mechanics... Or wipeout with a hover/glide mechanic.

OH MY WORD! :D

Just when you thought it couldn't get any better. This is quite simply genius.

I hadn't bought any DLC previously, but you just have to buy and support stuff like this. Hopefully it's popular enough to warrant more games getting this treatment. Maybe something for Killzone2? Or... OR Final Fantasy VII :O

Great job Mm, Sony and Konami!

Baha

Regarding the costumes, I'm more inclined to buy them if they release a level pack alongside them like this. There should've been a loco roco level pack that used sixaxis for tilting the screen or something.

Ranger X

Seriously guys, it's very rare you'll see me say something like that but....

BUY THIS DLC. Seriously, it's for the sake of gaming.

TONX

Distinguished Air Superiority
Ranger X said:
Seriously guys, it's very rare you'll see me say something like that but....

BUY THIS DLC. Seriously, it's for the sake of gaming.

THIS.

Also if this does well then we'll most likely see a FFVII LBP pack since Sephiroth is confirmed to come sometime soon, which would blow my effing mind. Here's hoping!

Ranger X

TONX said:

THIS.

Also if this does well then we'll most likely see a FFVII LBP pack since Sephiroth is confirmed to come sometime soon, which would blow my effing mind. Here's hoping!

It's also a message to the industry that DLC should MATTER and really ADD TO THE GAME.

Seriously.

Catalix

And on the sixth day the LORD David Bowie created man and woman in His image. And he saw that it was good. On the seventh day the LORD created videogames so that He might take the bloody day off for once.
Yell Dead Cell!?!!

919qx3.gif

I'm so fucking happy right now. All these additions are just too awesome for words!

Catalix

And on the sixth day the LORD David Bowie created man and woman in His image. And he saw that it was good. On the seventh day the LORD created videogames so that He might take the bloody day off for once.
PetriP-TNT said:
Someone has to make a "THE LADDER" level
Speaking of, we need a climbing mechanic sometime down the road.

Ranger X

Catalix said:
Speaking of, we need a climbing mechanic sometime down the road.

A climbable texture (with the condition you have a certain power up) would be SO awesome. We could do levels like in Knytt Stories!!

Kleegamefan

K. LEE GAIDEN
Holy shit awesome!

Day 1!

I love this game and getting new levels plus all the goodies is just awesome! I knew this game would only get better over time!

I'm getting those Street Fighter Sack boys today.

Any word on the Holiday pack that was supposed to arrive soon?

WAAATTTT FUCKING STREET FIGHTER SACK BOYS??

!

Mik2121

Ranger X said:
A climbable texture (with the condition you have a certain power up) would be SO awesome. We could do levels like in Knytt Stories!!

I think it would be easier to have it being something like the rod, piston, etc.. where you click on the beginning and ending of the area you want to climb and it would create a simple ladder. The only difference being you would have to place said ladder in one of the thin layers and instead of using the sides of the objects, you use the main surface.

Mik2121

Kleegamefan said:
WAAATTTT FUCKING STREET FIGHTER SACK BOYS??

!
Yup. With Ryu, Zangief, Guile and Chun Li.

I made Dhalsim by myself using some Ryu parts, though it's not nearly the same quality:

APhoto.jpg

Fenderputty said:
(neutral) jett
Mr. Negativity
(Today, 04:08 AM)

It's 5.99 for the levels dude. That gets you the levels and all the items that come with it. If you're a costume whore, you can pay for those on top.

This is the best DLC ever. It actually changes the way the game is played. This is gonna light a fire and spawn a whole new set of awesome user created stuff as well.

Can't wait to see what's up on the LBP user levels thread a week after this is released.

In fact you don't even have to buy the levels to experience them (so you have no excuse), which I think is a great idea so it doesn't split the fanbase and community. Of course I'll be fully supporting it anyways by paying the monies for it.

could someone rip the HD video from vimeo, and convert it with PS3-compatible codecs and whatnot? D:

We need this STAT!

Ranger X

Mik2121 said:
I think it would be easier to have it being something like the rod, piston, etc.. where you click on the beginning and ending of the area you want to climb and it would create a simple ladder. The only difference being you would have to place said ladder in one of the thin layers and instead of using the sides of the objects, you use the main surface.

Sure but a climb power up would open the creativity so much more and you could still make regular ladders.

Greg

I felt satisfied on not needing the game after playing the beta, but things like this make me reconsider...

dwin45

Greg said:
I felt satisfied on not needing the game after playing the beta, but things like this make me reconsider...
Buy the game. Trust me, the beta was not representative of the quality of the finished game.

AndyD said:
Someone please make me an avatar of the guy covered in !!!!!!!!

I call it.

Also, who hopes the Resistance pack is equally meaty? And what about a Motorstorm pack with some sort of improved driving mechanics... Or wipeout with a hover/glide mechanic.

huh?? they announced a resistance pack too???? i need that too!! I will play LBP FOREVER if they keep releasing packs like this.

Teknoman

Mik2121 said:

Normal ladders would be great.

Katana_Strikes said:
In fact you don't even have to buy the levels to experience them (so you have no excuse), which I think is a great idea so it doesn't split the fanbase and community. Of course I'll be fully supporting it anyways by paying the monies for it.

You would have to find someone to play with that has the level's, but yeah it's great they're not splitting the community. 5.99 for a full on level pack to play locally or online with all the materials and items for your own level is a great deal.

Greg

dwin45 said:
Buy the game. Trust me, the beta was not representative of the quality of the finished game.
Yeah, I'm never one to base the quality of the retail product off a beta, but I just assumed it was a game that will always continue to develop, so having it at launch wasn't a necessity. I didn't know gameplay additions like this would be making it so soon after release...

Diagol

Ranger X said:
Seriously, this is simply the best DLC i've ever seen for any game ever.

I 10000% agree with this statement.

THIS is why DLC should exist. Not for some extra car or level up or extra item.

I'm so purchasing this as soon as it's available. That trailer is so awesome!:D :lol

Greg said:

The beta wasn't a great representation of the final. The other story levels were sooooooo much better after you get passed the first 3. There's some pretty damn good user created stuff too. Now ... there's a whole other dynamic being added to the game making creation an even deeper aspect of the game as well.

Jesus, best DLC evar... Mm should be praised for this, and why didn't they annouce this at the VGAs? Kojima was there and everything.

And now that i see the scope of these packs, the FFVII one will be maybe my favorite thing of all time.

now that's what i'm talking about sony!
nice way to push lbp AND mgs4 sales for christmas!

seriously, this will be the first dlc i'm gonna buy this generation. pretty much the only DLC announced worth getting.
go go mm!
can't wait to unleash some paintinator action:D

Baha said:
Regarding the costumes, I'm more inclined to buy them if they release a level pack alongside them like this. There should've been a loco roco level pack that used sixaxis for tilting the screen or something.

This.

if the street fighter pack had some levels to go with the costumes, i would have been all over it.

im glad konami is showing other companies how it is done.

Catalix

Ranger X said:
Sure but a climb power up would open the creativity so much more and you could still make regular ladders.
I love both yours and Mik2121's implementations of the concept, but his seems a little bit more practical at this point for one simple reason. Jetpacks and paint guns are easy tools to identify when they've been "activated." If they can figure out some intuitive visual cues for a climbing power-up, I'd be all for it!

Ranger X

Catalix said:
I love both yours and Mik2121's implementations of the concept, but his seems a little bit more practical at this point for one simple reason. Jetpacks and paint guns are easy tools to identify when they've been "activated." If they can figure out some intuitive visual cues for a climbing power-up, I'd be all for it!

That the use of my "climb texture". It could also highlight if you have the power up. There's always an easy way. :)

Fenderputty said:
You would have to find someone to play with that has the level's, but yeah it's great they're not splitting the community. 5.99 for a full on level pack to play locally or online with all the materials and items for your own level is a great deal.

It's a nice catch and a good demo/advertisement for the pack, so if people like what they see, there's a better opportunity to buy.

This is a great Xmas present. :)

Catalix

Ranger X said:
That the use of my "climb texture". It could also highlight if you have the power up. There's always an easy way. :)
Ah, gotcha. Good stuff.

edit: Colossus fur material DLC. Make it happen Mm :D

Top Bottom