• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metro 2033

Dennis

Banned
4346794329_a1163c7156_b.jpg

4347541100_d4b1e2363d_b.jpg

4346795471_c78d1c3cce_b.jpg

^^^

Holy shit @ those screenshots, I'm interested now, have to keep an eye on it.

For those interested, release date is March the 16th.

RJT

Wow... This is one of those games that get you out of nowhere. I hope it runs well on older hardware (I can run STALKER and UE3 games just fine, not maxed out though)

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
Xbawks achievements, taken from X360a.org

There are 39 achievements with a total of 1000 points.

Metro Trader (20 points)
Make 10 deals in weapon shops.

Wheeler-Dealer (25 points)
Exchange 500 Military Grade 5.45 rounds at Exchange kiosks.

Nosalis hunter (30 points)
Kill 30 nosalises.

Fire in the hole (25 points)
Kill 20 lurkers.

Heavy Reader (20 points)
Kill a librarian.

Ka-Boom! (30 points)
Explode 10 enemies.

Ranger (30 points)
Find all Ranger stashes in Dead City 1 and 2

Old school (30 points)
Kill 30 enemies with the double-barreled shotgun.

Exorcist (20 points)
Complete levels "Ghosts" and "Anomaly" without dying.

Demolitionist (30 points)
Blow up the tunnel and airlock at "Cursed" station.

Air gunner (30 points)
Kill 30 enemies using pneumatic weapons.

Cowboy (30 points)
Kill 30 enemies using revolvers.

Inquisitor (35 points)
Kill 2 demons.

Rescue Ranger (30 points)
Save a group of "Reds" from Fascist captivity.

Tank Buster (20 points)
Destroy fascists' Panzer.

Raider (30 points)
On the level "Depot" silently kill the first guard and break into the Fascist station unnoticed.

Ninja (30 points)
Kill 10 enemies with throwing knives.

Slice & Dice (30 points)
Kill 20 enemies with the knife.

Fugitive (30 points)
Complete level "Armory" without getting caught.

DJ Artyom (30 points)
On the level "Outpost" reach the radio tower and broadcast the commander's message.

Merciful (30 points)
Complete the level "Black Station" without killing any Fascist Soldiers.

Pyro (20 points)
Kill 5 enemies with a flamethrower.

Pathoanatomist (20 points)
Kill 5 amoebas.

Quick Draw (30 points)
On the level "Hunter" kill the nosalises before they break through the ventilation grilles.

Soft Touch (30 points)
Disarm 10 wire traps.

Sniper (30 points)
Make 25 headshots.

Heavy Metal (20 points)
Kill 15 enemies using stationary machine gun.

Invisible man (40 points)
Complete "Frontline" level without killing anyone.

Hedge-hopper (30 points)
On the level "Frontline" kill all of the enemy Red Army and Fascist Soldiers.

Scrooge (30 points)
Save 500 military grade rounds.

Secret Achievements

Secret Achievement (20 points)
Continue playing to unlock this secret achievement.

Secret Achievement (30 points)

Secret Achievement (10 points)

Secret Achievement (10 points)

Secret Achievement (5 points)

Secret Achievement (30 points)

derFeef

DennisK4 said:
Here is the best screenshot in higher resolution - goddamn look at the detail - DX11 *bow* *bow*

awesomeincredypic.jpg

Hm, do not know what DX11 exactly does here, maybe tesselation. The rest is "just" awesome texture and modeling work.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
WuselDusel said:
Hm, do not know what DX11 exactly does here, maybe tesselation. The rest is "just" awesome texture and modeling work.
In regards to texturing, DX11 introduced BC7 compression, which is really a whole lot better than BC3.

33mocwl.png

derFeef

Nirolak said:
In regards to texturing, DX11 introduced BC7 compression, which is really a whole lot better than BC3.

33mocwl.png

Nice, is there a list of DX11 features Metro uses and how can you guys even tell thats DX11 making it so awesome without comparison?

Nirolak

Mrgrgr

Soule

Wow I'm actually a bit hyped for this game now, thread has done well haha some amazing gifs :)

If the Aussie steam price was a bit more reasonable I'd get it right now especially with the cool bonus red faction guerrilla game. :(

Nirolak said:
Apparently they're using full tessellation on character models

Figures. Tessellation seems to be getting quite a lot of support and is seemingly not all that difficult to add to a game engine, its a n excellent little bonus to add to the PC version of games.

bearcatjosh said:
This is an example of a game that truly came out nowhere. I'm quite impressed!

I'd like to think its more of an example of a developer announcing a game that is actually ready to be released, rather then 18 months in advance when all they've got is an idea and a screenshot.

Wag

I imagine this game is going to be a pack-in with some Fermi cards. I'll probably hold off on it just to see.

I_D

I heard about this game a long time ago, and it caught my attention. I never really thought it would see the light of day, since it was announced so long ago. I'm definitely picking this up. I almost wish it didn't come out so soon, since I won't have the computer to properly enjoy it until after classes. :lol

EDIT:
Any detail on mod support? STALKER has mods, so can we assume this will?

I imagine that engine could be fantastic in the proper modder's hands.

Ceebs

I know some of the DX11 stuff is backwards compatible with DX10 cards (Like my 4870 can run games some things in DX11 mode, but not get all the features) Is there a list of what effects are enabled in that situation (I know tessellation for instance needs a full DX11 card)

kamspy

Holy fuck at those screens.

Newegg still has it up for $36.

Hurry up and preorder before they realize they fucked up the price.

I think I'm gonna order a new GPU to be shipped with the game. I hope we get some solid nVidia pricing info by the time this is out.

BobsRevenge

I do not avoid women, GAF, but I do deny them my essence.
Truant said:
How is Necrovision?
Necrovision is insanity. It's pretty mediocre, so I wouldn't spend too much on it, but the gameplay is insane. Worth playing, and make sure you don't give up at the beginning because the game gets a lot better.

Graphics are pretty excellent as well.

Steamworks? Excellent. Now I guess I need help tracking down some online deals that would ship to canada. Because buying on steam is cheaper than retail over here.

dLMN8R

WuselDusel said:
I do not think there is a difference.
There is a very big difference. GFW branding is a good thing all around with absolutely no negatives. It means that the game has widescreen support, controller support (for the most part), works correctly with saved game profiles and vista/win7 comptability, etc. etc.

GFW Live is the controversial aspect where it connects to Microsoft's Live servers, has achievements that affect your gamerscore, and require the 2+ week certification process for patches and such.

Macmanus

BobsRevenge said:
Necrovision is insanity. It's pretty mediocre, so I wouldn't spend too much on it, but the gameplay is insane. Worth playing, and make sure you don't give up at the beginning because the game gets a lot better.

Graphics are pretty excellent as well.

Weird question on Necrovision: How is the optimization? I'm running a core 2 duo with a 4850. Smaller dev studios tend to be a bit lacking in that department.

kamspy

Macmanus said:
Weird question on Necrovision: How is the optimization? I'm running a core 2 duo with a 4850. Smaller dev studios tend to be a bit lacking in that department.

It's a 1C game. You have to custom optimize it yourself. Part of the fun.

Just fork through the .ini for long enough and you'll get it playing good.

Macmanus said:
it's the painkiller engine. it scales quite well. the new lost company seems to have gotten something of a optimisation overhaul.

Macmanus

kamspy said:
It's a 1C game. You have to custom optimize it yourself. Part of the fun.

Just fork through the .ini for long enough and you'll get it playing good.

Is it weird that this actually does sound rather appealing?

BobsRevenge

I do not avoid women, GAF, but I do deny them my essence.
Macmanus said:
I had that set up for a while. Game runs fine. Just don't turn on the SSAO and you're good.

Top Bottom