• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metro: REDUX |OT| - Now THIS is a remaster

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cudder

1000px-MetroRedux.jpg

Metro Redux is a Post-Apocalyptic First Person Shooter, and is a two-part remake of Metro 2033 and Metro: Last Light. Metro Redux remakes both games with a improved 4A Engine. While Metro: Last Light will have a improved version, Metro 2033 will be completely remade in the Last Light engine with the same features as Metro: Last Light.

ps4.png
xbox.png
pc.png

INFO:

Release Date: August 26 2014
Platforms: PS4/Xbox One/PC
Price: $49.99 for both, or $24.99 for each digitally
Performance: 1080p/60fps on PS4 / 900p/60fps on Xbox One
Developer: 4A Games
Publisher: Deep Silver

METRO 2033 CHANGES:
-All-new lighting engine.
-Lower end PCs perform better.
-Cinematics have been redone and are now presented in first-person perspective.
-Features day and night cycles.
-More detail to levels and will boast greater visual fidelity.
-Some levels have been expanded such as: the Dead City section is now a single level.
-60fps on next-gen consoles.
-Borrows a few gameplay elements for Metro: Last Light, such as adding the option to wipe your mask clean as well as combat improvements - like stealth takedowns and weapon customization
-All character's models will be changed to the Last Light version.
-Metro 2033 Redux will gain all weapons from Last Light and its DLCs.
-More realistic weapon handling: the game tracks whether or not there is a round still in the chamber when reloading.

METRO LAST LIGHT CHANGES:
-Graphical upgrades
-Improved gameplay
-Includes all Last Light downloadable content.
-Players will be able to check their watch and inventory.

CHANGES TO BOTH GAMES:
-Supports Ranger Mode
-Each title can be played in one of two difficulty modes: Survival or Spartan. Survival is modeled after Metro 2033, having more limited supplies and ammunition, slower reload speeds and tougher enemy AI. Spartan makes the game more action- oriented and gives players more resources, in the style of Metro: Last Light.

SCREENSHOTS:

VIDEOS:

Announcement Trailer
Metro Redux Uncovered
Metro 2033 Redux 15 minute gameplay
PS4 vs. Xbox One framerate video

header_586x192.jpg

Excited for this, especially the shiny new version of 2033.

Hopefully these games can expand their audience, they're criminally overlooked. Some of the most immersive games I've played.

meptrep

Just recently beat 2033 on PC. I'm looking forward to them extending the in between sections of levels that used to just fade into a loading screen.

Hopefully the purist mode or whatever I heard about in that video they released retains all the elements that made 2033 on ranger hardcore actually challenging. Last Light on ranger hardcore was way too easy.

This is really coming at the wrong time. Between Diablo 3, PvZ and Destiny I just don't have time :(. Gonna pick it up at some point though.

Mupod

I preordered 2033 and never got around to finishing it, my PC at the time wasn't doing it justice and by the time I got a better one...well, you know. I didn't get Last Light because I still intended to finish 2033 so I guess Redux is kinda convenient.

Tapejara

Really excited for this. Loved both games on PS3 and 360. Can't wait to play them at 60 FPS.

Also, thanks for finally ending my search for that first screenshot!

VinFTW

Super excited for this. Not sure if I'll pick up for PS4 or X1... All I know is, I think I'm going to wait till next summer and backlog it :/

Too many games, too fast!

Oh man....tempted.

Any reason to get this if I already own both on PC?

You should seriously consider getting 2033 at least, it is discounted already since you own the first, and it is ported into LL's engine which makes it even prettier, and apparently they added a bunch of little portions to the game to help it flow better. And the new mode seems cool for a playthrough.

WoolyNinja

I love horror movies but for some reason cannot handle horror/suspenseful games. Anyone who has played the originals - how scary are these games. And how much of the game is that way?

UnrealEck

Redux will be my first time playing the Metro games, period. Am I in for a treat, GAF?

If you like linear and atomospheric shooters then yes.

Is it confirmed to look like this on PS4/X1? Aren't these Physx enabled features?

I think they're pre-animated using PhysX. I'm sure the cloth in that scene is the same on all platforms. The non pre-animated stuff like debris from explosions, sparks, smoke and fog, glass shards and crumbling concrete from bullets are only with realtime PhysX though.

meptrep

I love horror movies but for some reason cannot handle horror/suspenseful games. Anyone who has played the originals - how scary are these games. And how much of the game is that way?

There's some jump scare moments I'm sure at some points, just enemies unexpectedly jumping out of places and stuff. The atmosphere is pretty spooky I suppose and it's done very well, but I still wouldn't consider the Metro series as horror games.

RoKKeR

That's cool you know it's not like I claimed this OT or anything and have been working on it... PM'd you OP. Please use the official OT organizing thread in Gaming Community next time instead of just randomly making one unclaimed.

I'm obviously looking forward to this.

psychotron

That's cool you know it's not like I claimed this OT or anything and have been working on it... PM'd you OP. Please use the official OT organizing thread in Gaming Community next time instead of just randomly making one unclaimed.

I'm obviously looking forward to this.

9023422806333c5e07bbea790c46f1a0.jpg

Lame cover, original is better. I like looking at mine:
ib0QXZwFlmKpWC.jpg

Yay to more people getting to experience these games for the first time!

ibw1bQejL8BXjX.gif

Watevaman

Its pretty much a shooter first and foremost. Both games have sections where you encounter horror elements but they're usually for pacing reasons or to explore the atmosphere more.

Although I will say that if spiders scare you, LL has a level that you will hate.

Cubed

One week!

I'm glad when I'm in situations like this; meaning, I like when I'm looking forward to the game but for some reason it keeps slipping off my mind and then it's magically right around the corner when I start to really itch for it.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
It's great that the HW is at least there on PS4, to at least appreciate this more at a good resolution. I will say this, on PC, 2033 is a much needed upgrade just for the new engine optimizations alone.

Amir0x

Banned
yah im about to do this shit

i wish PC gamers got lot a free update if they own the other Metro games already, but I know that was never realistic. Will buy

jond76

Banned
To those who have played these: How much time do you spend outside?

I played a bit of the first one and it was mostly underground. I understand the narrative is a big reason why, I'm just a sucker for apocalyptic cities.

Watevaman

To those who have played these: How much time do you spend outside?

I played a bit of the first one and it was mostly underground. I understand the narrative is a big reason why, I'm just a sucker for apocalyptic cities.

A fair amount, especially in LL.

RoKKeR

For those wondering why RoKKeR is (rightly) upset at OP, there is a thread where |OT|s are claimed and RoKKeR had claimed this OT.

We are trying to work out the details now. I might end up dumping some of my assets in this one. I simply wasn't finished as I was trying to pull together some cool insider stories which was taking more time than I had hoped.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom