• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metroid Prime 4 announced for Nintendo Switch (New Dev Team, No Footage)

Cartho

Facking hype. Between this and a confirmation of a core Pokemon RPG, plus Rocket League, Mario X Rabbids, Mario Odyssey, Fifa 18 actually not looking all that bad and Xenoblade 2 restated for this year, I'm one very happy Switch owner.

modsbox

You know what, I think this is a really great counterexample to all the comments about how terrible it is to reveal games very early at E3.

I understand that angle (FF7 Remake, Last Guardian, etc), but as a huge Metroid fan I completely wholeheartedly agree with them doing this.

We had zero hope. We've lived through Other M and Federation Force. People were saying (rightfully) that the franchise could be dead.

That us passionate Metroid fans can now live our lives for the next 2 years or so knowing that at least an attempt at a new, real, potentially fantastic Metroid game is underway is huge.

It actually instantly changed my feelings about Nintendo. That maybe they really do care about us Metroid fans after all.

I don't care if we don't get the game until 2019. Just knowing that it's coming, and it could be great, is massive. I'll tune in to every conference they've got over the next few years hoping to see more.

And though it's tough we didn't see anything, the music alone gave me chills.

V-Faction

Best part of announcing just a title? They can show it again next year, further along in development, without getting flack from folks for "reshowing old games."

Duffman

vinceprime.gif

lol

Geddy

well there goes a new direction. more prime. sigh.

It's what legions of angry fans have wanted for a flippin' decade. More Prime. What are you on about? They've tried doing the spin-offs and innovating on the formula and they are mostly terribly received.

Well this is something alright.

Just please model the gameplay and structure after the first Prime. I can accept Sylux being the main villain or whatever if the game at least plays like a great Metroid game.

Kenji Yamamoto better be back.

Kthulhu

Cuningas de Häme;240549805 said:
DICE is from Sweden.

Lots of great FPS makers from Europe.

Never said there weren't.

my main concern is if an internally developed Metroid game can be better than the last.

Blarg

Neo Member
You know what, I think this is a really great counterexample to all the comments about how terrible it is to reveal games very early at E3.

I understand that angle (FF7 Remake, Last Guardian, etc), but as a huge Metroid fan I completely wholeheartedly agree with them doing this.

We had zero hope. We've lived through Other M and Federation Force. People were saying (rightfully) that the franchise could be dead.

That us passionate Metroid fans can now live our lives for the next 2 years or so knowing that at least an attempt at a new, real, potentially fantastic Metroid game is underway is huge.

It actually instantly changed my feelings about Nintendo. That maybe they really do care about us Metroid fans after all.

I don't care if we don't get the game until 2019. Just knowing that it's coming, and it could be great, is massive. I'll tune in to every conference they've got over the next few years hoping to see more.

And though it's tough we didn't see anything, the music alone gave me chills.

100% agreed. Long-suffering Metroid fans needed this badly.

RK128

This is the year hell froze over.
  • New 3D Sonic Let's You Make OC Characters
  • Bubsy is Returning in a brand new video game (that one one even asked for...though it might be decent?)
  • Beyond Good & Evil 2 was re-announced
  • Kingdom Hearts III is a REAL Video Game
  • OG Xbox Games are playable on Xbox One
  • SotC is Getting Remade from the Ground Up on PS4

And now Metroid is getting a new game. Granted, this is really nothing; just a simple logo. But man. I never expected to see a new one get announced. Hopeful this will take notes from the past Prime titles. Wouldn't be shocked if Next Level was co-developing this with Retro and an internal Nintendo team.

rhandino

Banned
Metroid Prime 4 and Samus Returns will finally shut down all the Metroid stans that where constanly pressed on all the Nintendo threads.

Bless.

Metroid Prime 4 and Samus Returns will finally shut down all the Metroid stans that where constanly pressed on all the Nintendo threads.

Bless.

Close to the best thing about these announcements is that we won't have to read KingBroly's annoying posts anymore !

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
Am I greedy if I want the new 2D Metroid on Switch and Prime 4?

Top Bottom