• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metroid Prime 4 announced for Nintendo Switch (New Dev Team, No Footage)

Saya

Nintendo today

DN5ZM86.gif

How could they not have had more ready to show at this stage?

Tanabe said at E3 2015 that there wasn't a Prime game in development, and I believe him. I honestly think the backlash against Federation Force prompted Nintendo to approve both Prime 4 and Samus Returns.

They probably won't have anything worth showing for another six months at least.

rtcn63

How would that work without a Wii remote. Give me optional gyro controls instead.

The options for gyro and traditional twin-stick would be proper for most people. Although I'm one of those who thinks GC-era camera controls were among the worst ever...

Kthulhu

The options for gyro and traditional twin-stick would be proper for most people. Although I'm one of those who thinks GC-era camera controls were among the worst ever...

I liked them at the time, but shooters have changed a lot in the last 15 years. Prime needs a new control scheme. Twin sticks are practically mandatory.

Paltheos

GAME OVER, MAN! GAME FUCKING OVER!
I'm in. Immediately. Where do I sign up? I have not wanted anything this badly in years. I was afraid this day would never come. I thought... with Other M, the dream was dead, and with Federation Force, we were just an afterthought. Like Breath of Fire. But no. It's real. IT LIVES! WE'RE IN THERE!

Tripon

Retro Studios helped usher Metroid into the third dimension with the Metroid Prime series, but they aren’t working on Metroid Prime 4.

Nintendo wouldn’t say who exactly is working on this new first-person adventure, but senior product marketing manager of Nintendo of America Bill Trinen said that Nintendo designer and producer Kensuke Tanabe is helping lead the project alongside a “A talent new development team.” Tanabe previously worked as a producers on the first three Prime games as well as newer releases like Paper Mario: Color Splash and Donkey Kong Country Returns, so hopefully Metroid Prime 4 is in good hands

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/...loped-by-a-talented-new-development-team.aspx

New team means new concepts and design. Hype!! It's high time Nintendo start expanding again. They are going to need it.

But what the hell has Retro been working on?

Top Bottom