• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MGS Ground Zeroes editing tools released

RK9039

From reddit again:

Jojje_1419642266.jpg

I think we now know who Venom Snake really is.

I scoured the "chara" folder and found some rather obvious names. "Sna" for Snake, "Rai" for Raiden, "Chi" for Chico, etc. Could "Psy" be an abbreviation for Psycho Mantis?

5NTmZu4.png

SolidSnake305

Neo Member
I scoured the "chara" folder and found some rather obvious names. "Sna" for Snake, "Rai" for Raiden, "Chi" for Chico, etc. Could "Psy" be an abbreviation for Psycho Mantis?

5NTmZu4.png

It is for Psycho Mantis it is for when you play the Deja Vu mission and you turn off the power in the facility and he pops up it is an old MGS1 character model.

On that StratosGK by any chance do you know how to repack a .dds file back to ftex?

The spoilers in this thread, they are real :(

Modding MGS greatly interests me, so I'm unable to stay away from this thread, but I wish it could be more focused on modding and less about extracting TTP story or character details, or at least have those always spoiler marked. There's are spoiler-dedicated threads for TTP.

Embearded

On that StratosGK by any chance do you know how to repack a .dds file back to ftex?
I am sorry but I have no idea. You could try changing it with a hex editor. Unpack it with the tool, open both the ftex file and the unpacked file on a hex editor. Find the address block of the file you want to edit and write it down.
Edit the unpacked file and then open it again with the text editor. Copy all the hex data and paste them in the ftex file in the address area you wrote down. This will replace the previous file with the new edited in the original ftex without unpacking it. But be careful, when pasting the hex code it will change the size of the file. Make sure you replace only the edited file and not others.

Edit: if you find the .dds in the ftex when on hex editor, I think that it will work.

Edit2:
What do you think GAF, would you use a program to change weather, time and filters faster for all missions without the need to edit the .lua files manual?
Should i go on and finish it?

Edit2:
What do you think GAF, would you use a program to change weather, time and filters faster for all missions without the need to edit the .lua files manual?
Should i go on and finish it?

Absolutely. I've actually been waiting for such a thing and wasn't going to start modding until there is one :)

I'd also love one that allows the effects under Screen Filtering to be modified individually.

Embearded

Want this!

Absolutely. I've actually been waiting for such a thing and wasn't going to start modding until there is one :)

I'd also love one that allows the effects under Screen Filtering to be modified individually.

Yeah that looks very useful.

Good and bad news.
The good news is that its almost ready. The .lua files are getting updated properly and the original concept as I had it in my mind is complete. Now I just add things.
The bad news is that I am no longer home and won't be for the next 2-3 days. I've uploaded the program but when I tried using it, it crashed. There was a minor problem with the paths and the directories but I was in a hurry and couldn't fix it and reupload.

At least I hope that those 3 days, there will be some kind of progress with the dictionary and the decryption of the remaining files.

Good idea Naked Snake. I was also considering adding skin options. I've started it as a time and weather handler but I'll try for more than that.

If you have any ideas let me know.

Good and bad news.
The good news is that its almost ready. The .lua files are getting updated properly and the original concept as I had it in my mind is complete. Now I just add things.
The bad news is that I am no longer home and won't be for the next 2-3 days. I've uploaded the program but when I tried using it, it crashed. There was a minor problem with the paths and the directories but I was in a hurry and couldn't fix it and reupload.

At least I hope that those 3 days, there will be some kind of progress with the dictionary and the decryption of the remaining files.

Good idea Naked Snake. I was also considering adding skin options. I've started it as a time and weather handler but I'll try for more than that.

If you have any ideas let me know.

I don't mind the wait too much, hope you get it working when you have the time and keep up the good work!

Minamu

This is a silly idea that might not be too difficult to implement: Grab the system's time and set the game's time to that. That way if you're playing MGS in the morning, it's morning. At night, at night.
You know, I like that! I fantasized as a kid what Counter-Strike would be like with such a system (with server location acting as the starting point perhaps). Or a day/night cycle.

Would be cool to use a little program to remove the DOF.

I've modded games before but I can't get past error 0xc0000007b with these tools and still not quite clear how you decrypt using MGSV_QAR_Tool.exe data_02.g0s -r.

Do I open ftexunpacker and type that in? Opening ftex gives me the 7b error. I have QAR tool working, its unpacked all the subfolders but no decryption when using notepad++. I also tried typing it in the QAR command prompt but still its encrypted.

CO_Andy

I've modded games before but I can't get past error 0xc0000007b with these tools and still not quite clear how you decrypt using MGSV_QAR_Tool.exe data_02.g0s -r.

Do I open ftexunpacker and type that in? Opening ftex gives me the 7b error. I have QAR tool working, its unpacked all the subfolders but no decryption when using notepad++. I also tried typing it in the QAR command prompt but still its encrypted.
Not sure what you're trying to do, but just follow the instructions on the last page exactly. Had no problems when i tried it out for myself an hour ago.

Some guy on 4chan mentioned how to remove DOF

> find this file data_02\Fox\Scripts\Gr\gr_init_dx11.lua
>find this line
>settingName = "PluginDof",
>settingTable = {
>name = "ExtraHigh", EnableFilter=1, QuarityType=1 },
>Change the values of enableFilter and QuarityType to 0
>use ExtraHigh in setting menu

Embearded

This is a silly idea that might not be too difficult to implement: Grab the system's time and set the game's time to that. That way if you're playing MGS in the morning, it's morning. At night, at night.

Will do. It's pretty easy.

If You follow the instructions above my post you will make it. But I will put that too.

What troubles me is the design of the window and how it should look...

NoFoX

If you want MGS4 camera, do this:

1) Download and unpack: http://hackload.ru/files/MGSV_FPK_Tool.rar
2) Navigate to: "data_02\Assets\tpp\pack\player\parts"
3) Drag & Drop "plparts_sna2_main0_def_v00.fpkd" into "MGSV_FPK_Tool.exe"
4) Navigate to: "plparts_sna2_main0_def_v00_fpkd\Assets\tpp\level_asset\chara\player"
5) Open, clear then save "CameraAroundParams.lua" and "CameraSubjectiveParams.lua" (don't delete them)
6) Drag & Drop "plparts_sna2_main0_def_v00_fpkd.inf" into "MGSV_FPK_Tool.exe" (the size of "plparts_sna2_main0_def_v00.fpkd" should have changed)
7) Repack "data_02" folder to "data_02.g0s" file with "MGSV_QAR_Tool.exe" and replace it

Credits to Jayveer

ShaunBRS

Has anyone else noticed that there are (possible TPP spoilers)
dog controls
in TppPlayerPadConfig.lua?

Pad.RegisterButtonAssign( "DOG_PAD_ACCEL",fox.PAD_B )
Pad.RegisterButtonAssign( "DOG_PAD_BREAK",fox.PAD_X )
Pad.RegisterButtonAssign( "DOG_PAD_BARK_NORMAL",fox.PAD_R )
Pad.RegisterButtonAssign( "DOG_PAD_BARK_MAD",fox.PAD_L )
Pad.RegisterButtonAssign( "DOG_PAD_BARK_JOY",fox.PAD_U )
Pad.RegisterButtonAssign( "DOG_PAD_SQUAT", fox.PAD_A )
Pad.RegisterButtonAssign( "DOG_PAD_SCENT", fox.PAD_Y )
Pad.RegisterButtonAssign( "DOG_PAD_CRAWL",fox.PAD_D )

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Has anyone else noticed that there are (possible TPP spoilers)
dog controls
in TppPlayerPadConfig.lua?

Pad.RegisterButtonAssign( "DOG_PAD_ACCEL",fox.PAD_B )
Pad.RegisterButtonAssign( "DOG_PAD_BREAK",fox.PAD_X )
Pad.RegisterButtonAssign( "DOG_PAD_BARK_NORMAL",fox.PAD_R )
Pad.RegisterButtonAssign( "DOG_PAD_BARK_MAD",fox.PAD_L )
Pad.RegisterButtonAssign( "DOG_PAD_BARK_JOY",fox.PAD_U )
Pad.RegisterButtonAssign( "DOG_PAD_SQUAT", fox.PAD_A )
Pad.RegisterButtonAssign( "DOG_PAD_SCENT", fox.PAD_Y )
Pad.RegisterButtonAssign( "DOG_PAD_CRAWL",fox.PAD_D )

Holy shit. Does that mean
DD
is playable?

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
So is this game like RE 5/6 where swapping character models works without compromising the character model? As in the animations aren't suddenly super janky and things aren't being broken like what happened when people tried to model swap in FFXIII.

Top Bottom