• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MGS Ground Zeroes editing tools released

Swapping models, custom camera, better AA? This is so bloody exciting.

I hope KojiPro don't try to block the modability of TTP after seeing what can be done with GZ.

Hideo

Eu2Q4LHaBoE.jpg

Jackpot

Banned
Skullface had his sawn-off shotgun in the chopper scene. Wonder if it can be accessed. The S1000 was super powerful.

ShaunBRS

Editable camera:

• First things first: you must have unpacked AND decrypted data_02.g0s by running Sergeanur's tool using:
MGSV_QAR_Tool.exe data_02.g0s -r
• Follow steps 1–4 of NoFoX's post.
• Make backups of the files in "plparts_sna2_main0_def_v00_fpkd\Assets\tpp\level_asset\chara\player".
• In a separate window, navigate to "\data_02\Assets\tpp\level_asset\chara\player\".
• Copy the following three files:
CameraAroundParams.lua
CameraSubjectiveParams.lua
CameraTpsParams.lua
• Navigate back to "plparts_sna2_main0_def_v00_fpkd\Assets\tpp\level_asset\chara\player" and paste the files.
• You can now edit the values in these three files.
• Save when you're done and follow steps 6–7 of NoFoX's post.

This simply supplants the compiled lua files from the unpacked fpkd with uncompiled versions of the same files so that they can be easily edited with any text editor. CameraAroundParams.lua is the only one I've had a quick look at so far; the settings within the file are pretty self explanatory but I'm still looking through everything at the moment to see exactly what's possible. I guess this also means that we can look into transplanting other files into previously nigh impossible to edit fpkds.

Credit where it's due to Sergeanur, Jayveer, NoFoX and anyone else. Fiddles moved damn quick tonight!

EDIT: Third-person FoV can be edited under focalLength (FoV – f converter). Many of the camera settings seem to be carefully balanced, however, and changing any of them too far out of harmony with each other may cause camera clipping and focal issues (I experienced slight clipping at 130° FoV without changing the camera position settings). Haven't figured out first-person yet :(

NoFoX

Nice! this camera view is way better.

It's not perfect because its only unscripted camera, but thanks :).
Have to figure out a better method.
EDIT: Beaten *gg*

Can you tell us how you did it?
I'm trying to swap models in the mission folder (decrypt "e200xx_d03.fpk" file) but it doesn't work.
What are you doing exactly?

EDIT:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-ImrLkNW3Q
http://steamcommunity.com/app/311340/discussions/0/619574421273582659/#p8

tauke

DC187C4B62FF08EDDBCC49850A157A48E8FEA3CB

Swapping models is still not that friendly for most casual players. There is still a ton of files with the encrypted name that is not human friendly but luckily someone posted the Pastebin list to speed up the file replacement.

Was curious to see what you fine PC folks would uncover outta this port. My one hope for all the PC unearthing though was for someone to somehow find some coding for that pax 2012 demo. I would, and I'm not joking, literally acquire a PC and pay someone to be able sneak around in an "un-hollywooded" nighttime scenario with those sleek transition animations.

Seriously doubt this is possible but god I'd give my left nut to play this version of the game.

I am surprised how well snake looks when swapped with chico:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C-zD4paERnM

I'm genuinely surprised with just how well everyone looks when swapped. I mean, i've seen some graphical glitches here and there but in most of the videos i've seen all the facial expressions and everything translate really well between character models.

You can actually see more of Kiefer's facial movements in Skull Face/Kaz because there's no eyepatch. The fact you can swap with the child characters as well I wasn't expecting to work because of the difference in size, and it kind of doesn't in some scenes i've seen where you see objects floating in Paz/Chico's hands but i'm impressed it works at all and they're completely playable. Plus, the cutscenes just look too gorgeous and complex (to me) that seeing the models swapped feels extremely weird compared to say the cutscene theatre in the PS2 games.

RK9039

2 questions:

Has someone been able to add the Japanese VA?

Yes, you can switch between both English and Japanese. You have to right click on the game in library and set it to Japanese so that in can download it. Then you just switch it back to English and whenever you clear your save (after you've uploaded your English save data on main menu) it will ask if you want English or Japanese audio.

lol, these different models are so great! :D

is there still no way to change audio files?

Do you mean for music? some guy was able to edit Flight of the Valkyries track into whatever he wanted.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mBn5AjLI3UQ

Top Bottom