• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MGS: Ground Zeroes to Phantom Pain Save Transfer

The server situation for Xbox owners is getting ridiculous! I don't think they've been up once since it launched. Fucking dumb they didn't load it from a local save.

We still can't connect to get our GZ save on Xbox One MGSV. >_>

What the heck are Konami doing?? I don't give a shit about MGO or their microtransactions or whatever the rest of the online mode does.... I just want my GZ stuff to be in my MGSV game sometime before I finish it. :|

sujay

Just got the game on PS4 but servers are under maintenance.

Is the "download GZ save data" supposed to show up on this menu:

ULFr2Mh.jpg

Can I start the game and download the save later or does it have to be done in the beginning?

Nephtes

The server situation for Xbox owners is getting ridiculous! I don't think they've been up once since it launched. Fucking dumb they didn't load it from a local save.

I have not seen one confirmed report that anyone on Xbox One has managed to get their GZ save into TPP...

I believe that either:
1. The Xbox servers were never turned on.
2. The Xbox servers were turned off to focus on PS4 servers when shit hit the fan immediately after launch

None of the gaming media have seemed to pick this up...probably because they're on PS4.

Rean

I did Deja Vu and Jamuis Vu in GZ and didn't get the costumes in TPP. Am I supposed to do something else for them or is it just not working?

Where is the engineer/bionics expert that everyone says supposedly unlocks the golden arm?

Is that without a save? Or did you extract the guy that unlocks it too?
Do mission 5 and develop it.

keenerz

Yeah Xbox One players have been pretty neglected for the most part, at least this has taught me the limits of sneaking without a sneaking suit

Where is the engineer/bionics expert that everyone says supposedly unlocks the golden arm?

For anyone worried about whether or not they unlocked the gold arm in Ground Zeroes, complete level five. I just unlocked it.

Heel

Save from Ground Zeroes was imported, golden arm research unlocked after completing level 5. I'm assuming it's tied to the Ground Zeroes save, but maybe I did something that unlocks it in Phantom Pain? No way to tell.

In any case, for people wanting the golden arm, complete level 5 before worrying about it.

noxious firefox

Neo Member
I have not seen one confirmed report that anyone on Xbox One has managed to get their GZ save into TPP...

I believe that either:
1. The Xbox servers were never turned on.
2. The Xbox servers were turned off to focus on PS4 servers when shit hit the fan immediately after launch

None of the gaming media have seemed to pick this up...probably because they're on PS4.

I was able to upload my GZ save and then download about an hour after it came out on Xbox. Got all my recruits and bonuses.

majik13

I don't know why they don't use local saves.

I am guessing since they already have to have servers setup to handle the PS3 ->PS4 and 360 -> XOne save transfers. That they decided to just have it all done through that one system. Instead of multiple systems. Just a guess though. But yeah local save transfer would have been nice too.

alright I'm going through extracting all the POWs and agents in this game but I really hope I don't have to get everyone in a single mission. for example, I extracted the sniper team on one run and did the POWs in another.

Aokage

Pretty nice guy (apart from the blue shadows thing...)
alright I'm going through extracting all the POWs and agents in this game but I really hope I don't have to get everyone in a single mission. for example, I extracted the sniper team on one run and did the POWs in another.

You do not. You do, however, have to complete the mission. For example, in the Ground Zeroes mission, you could extract one prisoner besides Chico and Paz, complete the mission and save, then on a subsequent playthrough extract the remaining prisoners, complete the mission and save.

You would then have them all.

my 100% trophy save gave me kojima, a ton of volunteers, sneaking suit. i have no raiden or gray, no mgs1 suit, no golden arm. or i just couldn't find them.

no clue.

correction: checked again. i got the solid snake suit now (developed) + the golden arm. don't know how to unlock the rest. if op is correct i gotta go back sometime.

I was finally able to connect to the XB1 servers to download my GZ file. I got the Golden Arm, Solid Snake suit and something else. No prisoners(I thought Kojima transferred? )

correction: checked again. i got the solid snake suit now (developed) + the golden arm. don't know how to unlock the rest. if op is correct i gotta go back sometime.
OP just lists what you have to do to unlock those things in Ground Zeroes, not The Phantom Pain.

At this stage it seems like you can get 19 mother base staff, the Ground Zeroes sneaking suit, and the retro (pixelated) Solid Snake suit from a Ground Zeroes save. I didn't realise the golden arm was also from Ground Zeroes, I just assumed that was a regular unlock in TPP.

I was finally able to connect to the XB1 servers to download my GZ file. I got the Golden Arm, Solid Snake suit and something else. No prisoners(I thought Kojima transferred? )
You don't get all of the Ground Zeroes goodies given to you right off the bat, some you have to complete specific early missions to unlock, and others (the staff) seem to unlock progressively as you complete more missions. If you imported your save after you've already completed the specific missions then those things probably pop up immediately. I suspect the staff will now start gradually showing up as you complete more missions.

PrinceKee

I just started my phantom pain campaign and it said the servers were undergoing maintenance and started the game in offline mode. I played a few mins, but I'm still in the prologue. Since I didn't get a chance to upload my GZ save data before I started do I have to start over or can I do it anytime?

VanEpoch

Neo Member
I just started my phantom pain campaign and it said the servers were undergoing maintenance and started the game in offline mode. I played a few mins, but I'm still in the prologue. Since I didn't get a chance to upload my GZ save data before I started do I have to start over or can I do it anytime?

Yeah. There will be an option on the title screen.

Smo21

I got to mission 12 before the servers came back. I can see the golden arm but when do I get the prosioners and stuff from ground zeroes? Do I have to replay those the missions? Or should they just show up?

Vamphuntr

I got to mission 12 before the servers came back. I can see the golden arm but when do I get the prosioners and stuff from ground zeroes? Do I have to replay those the missions? Or should they just show up?

I got them as soon as I got the base. If you got Hideo you got them.

I'm playing on 360. The servers are up and I can download the data but Ground Zeroes hasn't updated. Therefore I can't upload the data for TPP to download. Is there any word on whether the xbox one or 360 versions of Ground Zeroes have been updated to allow uploading the save data? Do I need to reinstall Ground Zeroes?

For those who redeemed the code way back when Ground Zero's launched on PS4, remember you have to go to the core konami site to turn the konami code into a PSN code. Hope you remember your konami login

Its here, didn't find a link off the main konami site but google brought me to it:
http://core.konami.com

KTO

So where are the actual staff you get from the code? Are they just automatically assigned?

Nah, you get a little audio thing at the mission results screen. You'll definitely notice when they join however, their codenames are the same as everyone else's so you will probably lose track of them.

Nephtes

I was able to get connected on X1 last night. So I guess they only don't care about Japanese X1 users (do those even exist?)

Yup, the Xbox servers are finally up for the first time since launch. At least the PS4 servers worked sporadically over the 3 days since launch... The Xbox severs never did till very recently.

Thing is, Game Informer and myself didn't discover the Japanese site with the server information with the message about Xbox taking longer to fix till yesterday due to Konami's shitty communication...

Most likely, that "Xbox will take longer to fix message" existed for 2 days without us knowing about it.

There's plenty to be outraged about Konami's handling of the MGS V launch if you're an Xbox gamer.

Edit: If you go to their sever page now, you'll notice the red "Xbox will take longer to fix" text is no longer there. It was clearly meant as a "world wide" issue, not something region speicic to Japan.

Top Bottom