• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MGS: Ground Zeroes to Phantom Pain Save Transfer

DSmalls84

So you have to upload the save file in Ground Zeroes first and then download it in a menu in the Phantom Pain? Also is there any requirement to unlock the Sneaking Suit?

Gradon

Has anyone compiled a full list of all unlocks for the Ground Zeroes transfer now that the game is out?

Edit: Nevermind, literally like 4 posts above me.

NetMapel

Guilty White Male Mods Gave Me This Tag
The strategy guide (which I have in front of me) doesn't say anything about a Camp Omega revisit, so that seems to be off the table unless it's unlocked later.

Gray Fox and Raiden have to be unlocked by obtaining a pair of key items (Master Certificates) in-game. They can't be unlocked by transferring a savefile.

The 19 POWs/unique characters, Solid Snake suit, MSF Sneaking Suit and gold arm all transfer over. Only the Solid Snake suit requires a savefile with the Deja Vu mission completed. The rest only require completing the Ground Zeroes mission (or rescuing the appropriate characters in each Main/Side-Op).

The guide says nothing about any GZ cassette tapes transferring over.

The OP hasn't been updated with this information, so consider my post a definitive listing of what's available.

Awesome. Thanks for the clarification. I'll try the save file posted here earlier and see how that goes.

CassSept

Kojima unlocked for me when I did mission 2, the rest unlocked when I did mission 5.

Same for me, I was very confused at first too but it seems the other soldiers only come to your base after you complete your 5th story mission. Shame they are subpar though.

Soodanim

Googling led me to GameFAQs, where people with low percentages are saying that the golden arm is being unlocked with low percentage saves (as low as 21%, with 2 missions unlocked), so it might well be just the save itself that does it. I haven't seen that mentioned here yet.

Which is the MGO code? I entered my CE code. Isnt the mgo code included...?

Within my game case I had two separate codes, one for all Day One content and a second, which I only realised after entering (and having it accepted) was for some sort of MGO item.
The slip doesn't quite say what it's for and the game doesn't acknowledge that I've redeemed it.
Knowing Konami I've probably fucked myself out of whatever Metal Gear Online bonus we're supposed to get...

That's really dumb. I don't mean you, I mean Konami for not outlining this mess with all of these codes beforehand.

The server issues, file transfer issues and micro transactions would've turned me off of a lesser game at the stage and I'd be getting my money back.
Thankfully, beneath all of this nonsense, the game itself is stellar :)

Roto13

I have the gold arm and I haven't gotten a single S rank or beaten anything on hard.

What I have done:

Beaten every mission on Normal
Extracted every prisoner and special soldier or whatever

That's about it.

Whatever the unlock requirements are for the MGS1 skin and Gold Arm, they're not much.

Are we sure the gold arm even has anything to do with Ground Zeroes?

The End

Googling led me to GameFAQs, where people with low percentages are saying that the golden arm is being unlocked with low percentage saves (as low as 21%, with 2 missions unlocked), so it might well be just the save itself that does it. I haven't seen that mentioned here yet.

I've got a 23% save (Main + DV + JV) and if the servers are up when I get home I can confirm.

I was able to successfully upload my GZ file and import it into TPP. I played all the missions and extracted most of the prisoners/special soldiers, and played Deja & Jaimas Vu missions.

I got the ability to develop the sneaking suit, Solid Snake MGS1 suit, and the golden arm. Once I completed a mission after importing my file, it appears all the people I rescued in GZ joined as volunteers. I couldn't count as this happened after I completed a mission and fultoned people in TPP during that mission, so I'm not sure if the number matched.

Edit:

My % complete in GZ is like somewhere north of 40% iirc.

Plasma

Banned
So update 1.004 for Xbox One that included the upload data option isnt available yet then??

I had to redownload GZ entirely for it to update, not that it was worth doing though seeing as the servers for MGSV aren't up yet anyway so you cant download the save.

Hmm, I uploaded my save data from PS3 GZ.

Downloaded it on PS4 TPP and all I got was the GZ sneaking suit, Solid Snake suit and the gold arm.

None of my POWs/soldiers transferred over :S

Anyone else had this problem?

Hmm, I uploaded my save data from PS3 GZ.

Downloaded it on PS4 TPP and all I got was the GZ sneaking suit, Solid Snake suit and the gold arm.

None of my POWs/soldiers transferred over :S

Anyone else had this problem?

I just got my hideo pow after completing a mission. I'm assuming they will keep unlocking once you finish missions

rataplein

guys...

Ochre Chamelon: Complete One Mission from 03, 04 and 05
Grizzly Hedgehog: Complete One Mission from 03, 04 and 05
Hungry Crocodile: Complete One Mission from 03, 04 and 05
Wild Harrier: Complete One Mission from 03, 04 and 05
Gray Wallaby: Complete Mission 06
Blue Chamelon: Complete Mission 06
Midnight Mastiff: Complete Mission 06
Eye: Complete Mission 06
Finger: Complete Mission 06
Frigid Mongoose: Complete two missions from 07, 08, 09 and 10
Hunting Stallion: Complete two missions from 07, 08, 09 and 10
Assassin Harrier: Complete two missions from 07, 08, 09 and 10
Mad Wallaby: Complete two missions from 07, 08, 09 and 10
Wild Stallion: Complete two missions from 07, 08, 09 and 10
Night Tree Frog: Complete mission 12
Pirate Capybara: Complete mission 12
Roaring Capybara: Complete mission 12
Bitter Centipede: Complete mission 12
Crying Sturgeon: Complete mission 12

i completed two missiones from 7, 8, 9 and 10.... but i only got wild stallion and mad wallaby, which were the bald marine and the contact from classified intel...
i'm gonna wait a little more to see if i got everyone, if not i'll go back to gz.

Peff

I got the golden arm and all I did was the main mission with 4 prisoners, Deja Vu Normal, Jamais Vu Normal and the Kojima mission on Normal as well. So it's either finishing GZ or simply uploading the save.

melchior_

Been working on my ground zeroes save and I noticed that the mission Classified Intel Acquisition reset my rescued prisoner list to 0 after I did it again for an s-rank. Does anyone happen to know if I have to redo the mission and rescue the prisoners and extract the intel agent and bald soldier again to transfer them to phantom pain?

cabletime

So I have been trying to upload my GZ save data on my Xbox one, but the game keeps telling me that it cannot connect to GZ servers. Anyone else encounter this?

my 100% trophy save gave me kojima, a ton of volunteers, sneaking suit. i have no raiden or gray, no mgs1 suit, no golden arm. or i just couldn't find them.

no clue.

Urg, that MGS1 snake skin is so bad. I was expecting the skin we saw in one of those mother base demonstration video and was excited to play as solid snake. A waste of GMP in my opinion.

Obscura

If I continue playing without uploading my GZ save will I still unlock everything once I do? I'm on xbone, can't connect and I don't want to lose out on stuff because I kept playing.

Yoday

So I have been trying to upload my GZ save data on my Xbox one, but the game keeps telling me that it cannot connect to GZ servers. Anyone else encounter this?
Yep, it keeps saying the servers are undergoing maintenance. It is getting really annoying. I have not been able to connect the game online once.

Dawg

I don't even get to a maintenance bit. I instantly get error 10012, sometimes after a few seconds. Anyone else on PS4 having this? Always the exact same error.

100%-ing is a complete and utter waste of time, it seems.

Yep, that's what I figured and glad I didn't go for that. Just got 900/1000 (Didn't like grinding for the cassette tapes and screw those trials...Tedious) and grabbed all the appropriate soldiers/POWs.... oh and Deja Vu/Jamai-Vu S-Ranks

Rflagg

All the soldiers/prisoners that you exflitrated, golden arm, Solid Snake PS1 sneaking suit, and Sneaking Suit from GZ. They don't unlock at the beginning, you'll have to do about 12 missions or so. Or at least that's how many I had to do.

That file that the one fella posted that confirmed that extracted all the guys with is the one I used and have everything unlocked.
I screenshotted a few of them when they unlocked so extrapolate from this as you will.

Excellent thanks for the info, there is no way to import a save to ps4 is there?

Nephtes

Sigh... Two days later... Still haven't connected to the server once just to upload my MGSVGZ save.

And Konami is being very "Quiet".

This is some bullshit.

Rean

I uploaded my GZ save and it only gave me the GZ sneaking suit. I did all the other requirements but the game never gave them to me so do I have to keep playing to activate that or upload the save data again?

Got Kojima after the first side mission (I believe). Anyone have any luck getting Glaz and Palitz?

edit: Nevermind, I saw rataplein's post, thanks bud!

v0yce

I've got the two suits and Kojima showed up after the first mission I did but I don't see the golden arm anywhere.

Should it be in my development list somewhere?

Roto13

I don't think the arm development list appears until you extract the guy who can work on your arm. That's where the gold arm is.

Someone mentioned downloading GZ again on Xbox One, is this what I should do for Xbox 360? I don't have the option to upload the save data.

Woo ground zeroes code now works finally :)

Just a question does the special items unlock right away or does it actually tell you what you unlocked beforehand?

I know that the characters you extracted come out while playing but is there no list at what you actually get based on your save game?

Heel

For anyone worried about whether or not they unlocked the gold arm in Ground Zeroes, complete level five. I just unlocked it.

Slime

Banned
It's weird, I did everything in GZ (got all the trophies, 100% completion, rescued everyone), but all I got when I transferred my save was the GZ sneaking suit.

Does stuff like the golden arm and the MGS1 suit unlock after a certain amount of missions in TPP? I did just start.

Just got to mission 6, after completing and returning to mother base, The Eye and The Finger, plus another 4 or 5 turned up.
The golden arm was after rescuing the bionics expert.
The sneaking suits are there as well.
I got 100% on GZ.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
It's weird, I did everything in GZ (got all the trophies, 100% completion, rescued everyone), but all I got when I transferred my save was the GZ sneaking suit.

Does stuff like the golden arm and the MGS1 suit unlock after a certain amount of missions in TPP? I did just start.

You're fine. Do some missions and you'll get access to the gold arm, mgs1 suit, and other recruits very soon.

Top Bottom