• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MGS V TPP (PC) to be bundled with Nvidia Cards in Future

I got mine may 15 and they gave me a key

Amazon or Newegg?
Newegg is giving out keys, so far I haven't heard of Amazon doing so for May orders.

I ordered a GTX 970 G1 from Amazon on May 8. support just told me they would "request a key from the promo department" and to "give them 1-2 days for processing" so i could receive the key through e-mail

so yeah, dunno if that's a 100% confirmation or what

taep977.png

Snickles

Thank you based GAF!!!! Due to this thread I was able to contact Newegg and get the chat representative to send me a code for MGS V with no hassle at all. I purchased a G1 980Ti on July 10th.

So, so glad I looked at this thread. I ordered a GTX 980 on May 15th (and recently got my 980 Ti from EVGA via their Step-Up program) and just got a code for The Phantom Pain.

ljWUtb0.png

I thanked Adam and then he posted info about a survey that he said would appear when I hit the "Exit" button at the top right. Unfortunately, Adam ended the chat session and the button was grayed out. If anyone knows how I can still do the survey about my chat with Adam, let me know! Otherwise, thank you to them and Newegg for their awesome customer service.

I thought the game will be released on September 1st, but I guess that release date was for the console versions. Shit.

Got a Titan X in June for Batman. Didn't get a free copy. Bought a $20 key on ebay. Game was fucked so i had the get the PS4 version sooner then expected (was going to wait for GOTY). Tried to ask Newegg anyways and they flat out said no. Awesome.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Tried chat support at amazon again. They are submitting a form to the promo department to exchange my batman code for the MGSV code. We'll see how it goes.

ZOONAMI

Got a Titan X in June for Batman. Didn't get a free copy. Bought a $20 key on ebay. Game was fucked so i had the get the PS4 version sooner then expected (was going to wait for GOTY). Tried to ask Newegg anyways and they flat out said no. Awesome.

Is titan x supposed to have a promo?

Vex_

Banned
Just worked with newegg on a 980 purchase from APRIL!

dude did the whole "let me check if I can still do this for you" after noticing It was awhile ago I purchased my card!

IM IN THERE!!!!!!

Is there any confirmation of a release date for this game on PC? I can't wait to finally play this, but I'm waiting for PC. Would be nice if I can get one of these codes off a friend.

Lingitiz

I ordered a GTX 970 G1 from Amazon on May 8. support just told me they would "request a key from the promo department" and to "give them 1-2 days for processing" so i could receive the key through e-mail

so yeah, dunno if that's a 100% confirmation or what

Just did the same thing with Amazon support and got the same result. Hopefully it all works out!

StorzOO

Neo Member
Chat with Amazon rep, seems like my MSI GTX970 gaming 4G card still have no MGS:V promotion yet, the nice lady did refer me to the promotion dept., I hope it works, if not, I guess I will chat again when the MGS:V promo show up for MSI card on Amazon.

Chat with Amazon rep, seems like my MSI GTX970 gaming 4G card still have no MGS:V promotion yet, the nice lady did refer me to the promotion dept., I hope it works, if not, I guess I will chat again when the MGS:V promo show up for MSI card on Amazon.

i did the same thing keeping fingers crossed

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
So this is an Nvidia sponsored game and will be free with the GTX cards just like Witcher 3 and Batman but unlike the other games it don't use Nvidia Gameworks features. this is kinda weird.

UnrealEck

I could swear I saw some cards with a MG backplate on them. I think it was on kojima station a while ago. I think they were Zotac cards.

Looking at buying a 4GB MSI 960 card for this deal. Anything better I can get that's cheaper?

Save a bit more money and get the 970. It's a way better deal.

Aurongel

No go for a GTX 970 purchased two weeks ago :/

Looks like I'm stuck with a busted ass PC port, what a great introduction to the world of PC gaming.

0OJYQS1.png

EDIT: Sending customer service an email based on what a Newegg representative on Reddit advised. Apparently this might be a stock issue(?)

NetMapel

Guilty White Male Mods Gave Me This Tag
What the heck. I just purchased my GTX 960 a week ago through NCIX website in Canada. Who do I contact to potentially ask for this code if possible ?

UnrealEck

Have the memory issues been resolved?

No but it's really not a big deal. You'll still get better performance per dollar from the 970.
Or you could go with Radeon's 390. That thing has 8GB of memory. Unless you absolutely must have MGS5 with the card. But you can probably just buy it cheap anyway.

Aurongel

UPDATE: Contacting Newegg at wecare@newegg.com about exchanging past promo codes for the Phantom Pain works. A customer service rep called me no more than 10 minutes after sending the email to tell me they could get me a promo code for The Phantom Pain. The woman on the phone told me that many of their reps in the chatrooms are mistakenly telling people (like me) they aren't eligible for the code swap.

What the heck. I just purchased my GTX 960 a week ago through NCIX website in Canada. Who do I contact to potentially ask for this code if possible ?

See above.

EDIT: Contemplating making a PSA thread for this considering there are many, many people with unused Batman codes...

NetMapel

Guilty White Male Mods Gave Me This Tag
UPDATE: Contacting Newegg at wecare@newegg.com about exchanging past promo codes for the Phantom Pain works. A customer service rep called me no more than 10 minutes after sending the email to tell me they could get me a promo code for The Phantom Pain. The woman on the phone told me that many of their reps in the chatrooms are mistakenly telling people (like me) they aren't eligible for the code swap.

See above.

I sent NCIX a message. Hopefully I will hear good news in the future :) Thanks.

Garou

Talking to nvidia or Newegg won't make Batman disappear from your Steam-library's, right? So you're not swapping anything but rather trying to double-dip?!

iiicon

I sent NCIX a message. Hopefully I will hear good news in the future :) Thanks.

Hope you get a positive response. I sent an e-mail earlier in the day and received this response:

NCIX said:
Hello, unfortunately there is strict measures on this card for only recent purchases starting today. batman should have no issues at this time playing on any NVIDIA cards. The problem lays on other platforms. Wish we could help out. Sorry for this. Cheers.

Mechazawa

Talking to nvidia or Newegg won't make Batman disappear from your Steam-library's, right? So you're not swapping anything but rather trying to double-dip?!

Yes. This is more a case of people trying to get compensation from retailers for a game that will finally work who-the-hell knows when rather than replacing Arkham.

(talking to Nvidia will probably get you nowhere)

Ibuki

Banned
I wish Amazon was handling this like NewEgg was. The only thing they told me is it will take 2-4 days to get back to me.

Top Bottom