• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MGS V TPP (PC) to be bundled with Nvidia Cards in Future

Dartastic

Uh, I bought my 970 in May, and I just asked Newegg politely for a code due to Batman being broken. They just gave me one.

THANK YOU NEWEGG! Definitely buying my next graphics card from them.

MNC

I am still so, so pissed I could not get a code with my GTX 970. Stupid me, not checking the conditions for Witcher 3 and Batman.

pahamrick

Uh, I bought my 970 in May, and I just asked Newegg politely for a code due to Batman being broken. They just gave me one.

THANK YOU NEWEGG! Definitely buying my next graphics card from them.

Had a few people tell me to try the same. I did, and was turned down (I bought my card on April 26th). I was expecting to get turned down, since I bought it before the Batman promo started and they hooked me up with a code since it had only been a week since I ordered when it started.

Didn't hurt to try though.

Zoned

Actively hates charity
So people who bought the bundle in May end up getting 3 AAA games? WOW. Even though Batman port is shit but eventually it's gonna be alright. Seems like a slickdeal.

Got off chat with a NewEgg CS, brought up the disappointing issues with Arkham Knight and mentioned it was the reason that lead me to pulling the trigger on buying a 970 (which it was) and as a long time customer if it was possible an exception could be made for me to get in on the MGS V promotion. The exception was made and he placed the order and it was all taken care of in about 10-15 minutes from when the chat ended with the promo code is in my e-mail.

I guess I should've bought Ground Zeros on the Steam sale though I imagine it'll be on sale again before September 15th..

I really want to upgrade to the 970 but it's been out do long with no price drop I just know that something better will come out that will fit in my X51 soon, but I just a 4k TV. Maaaaaaaan.
Yeah the EVGA SSC is currently $310 but that's after a $20 rebate, only about $5 less than what I paid in early May. Don't think AMD did enough to pressure NVIDIA to really lower prices.

for anybody with a key, is it redeeming on steam yet?

I just redeemed it, so yes. You enter the code and sign into Steam through NVIDIA's site from the NV MGSV promo page.

pahamrick

Holy shit.
Holy shit.

So I contacted Newegg, and was turned down like I said. I was expecting it, and I thanked the rep for taking the time and looking into it and helping me and to have a great day. Just now checked my email and I had an email from Newegg with an order for a free code for MGS V.

Check my order history to make sure I'm not seeing things and...

0hEvrh1.png

Been using Newegg exclusively for PC parts for the last 15 years, they continue to give me reasons to never go elsewhere.

DeBurgo

Holy shit.
Holy shit.

So I contacted Newegg, and was turned down like I said. I was expecting it, and I thanked the rep for taking the time and looking into it and helping me and to have a great day. Just now checked my email and I had an email from Newegg with an order for a free code for MGS V.

Been using Newegg exclusively for PC parts for the last 15 years, they continue to give me reasons to never go elsewhere.
Yuuup. Newegg is being pretty awesome about this. Bought my card in May and getting a code, too.

Zoned

Actively hates charity
Holy shit.
Holy shit.

Yep. It's either NewEgg or Amazon when it comes to PC parts.

ZOONAMI

Got off chat with a NewEgg CS, brought up the disappointing issues with Arkham Knight and mentioned it was the reason that lead me to pulling the trigger on buying a 970 (which it was) and as a long time customer if it was possible an exception could be made for me to get in on the MGS V promotion. The exception was made and he placed the order and it was all taken care of in about 10-15 minutes from when the chat ended with the promo code is in my e-mail.

I guess I should've bought Ground Zeros on the Steam sale though I imagine it'll be on sale again before September 15th..

Yeah the EVGA SSC is currently $310 but that's after a $20 rebate, only about $5 less than what I paid in early May. Don't think AMD did enough to pressure NVIDIA to really lower prices.

I just redeemed it, so yes. You enter the code and sign into Steam through NVIDIA's site from the NV MGSV promo page.

I forget how it works - does Nvidia then give you a steam key, or does the key you put into Nvidia's site burn the steam key?

In other words, if I was selling a voucher to them, would I sell them the Nvidia code, or a Steam code I would get after putting in code on Nvidia's site?

madjoki

I forget how it works - does Nvidia then give you a steam key, or does the key you put into Nvidia's site burn the steam key?

In other words, if I was selling a voucher to them, would I sell them the Nvidia code, or a Steam code I would get after putting in code on Nvidia's site?

It's added to your steam account once you use code on nvidia site. (Same as for Batman codes)

pahamrick

You input the nvidia code on the redemption site, which makes you log into steam, and they add the game to your steam account. You don't actually get a steam cd key, so you have to sell the nvidia code.

Wastwood

Neo Member
Crap, just bought a 980 in a local retailer, if i´ve known i would´ve bought online...

if anybody has an extra code, please let me know.

mtodavk

Hm...I wonder if microcenter will be cool and give me an mgs5 code due to arkham knight being broken. They were pretty cool about price matching the monitor I bought recently, so my hopes ate decently high.

Then again, I can still return my card and get a new one...

So, so glad I looked at this thread. I ordered a GTX 980 on May 15th (and recently got my 980 Ti from EVGA via their Step-Up program) and just got a code for The Phantom Pain.

ljWUtb0.png

I thanked Adam and then he posted info about a survey that he said would appear when I hit the "Exit" button at the top right. Unfortunately, Adam ended the chat session and the button was grayed out. If anyone knows how I can still do the survey about my chat with Adam, let me know! Otherwise, thank you to them and Newegg for their awesome customer service.

npa189

Newegg rep couldn't give me a code due to getting Witcher and AK, oh well I have a PS4 CE on order and I couldn't stand the two week wait anyway.

Amazon promo Dept is supposed to get back to me.

I am getting something either way, I feel so fucking burned by Arkham Knight. I would not have upgraded without that being included in the promo.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Amazon promo Dept is supposed to get back to me.

I am getting something either way, I feel so fucking burned by Arkham Knight. I would not have upgraded without that being included in the promo.

Let us know how it goes. When the promo department called me this morning they said they wouldn't be able to give codes for anything not purchased in the past 30 days.

Let us know how it goes. When the promo department called me this morning they said they wouldn't be able to give codes for anything not purchased in the past 30 days.

Yeaaahhh i'm not going to take that as an answer. They were not in a position to provide promo compensation until today, which is why I did not contact them until today.

Well Newegg (in Canada) gave me a code, nice and easy. I'd have been fairly annoyed if I'd had any troubles seeing as I bought a 980ti yesterday. Here's hoping for a good port.

Mechazawa

I'm slightly past my return date(I ordered on June 15), but i'm in queue for a chat representative, so wish me luck that I can salvage the hunk of shit that is Arkham Knight, Gaf.

Ibuki

Banned
Yeaaahhh i'm not going to take that as an answer. They were not in a position to provide promo compensation until today, which is why I did not contact them until today.

What exactly did you say to them? I kept it simple but I feel like I might need to follow up if the promo department doesn't come through.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos

When I called them this morning, the promo guys hadn't officially got the keys yet. Once they get the keys we will have a better shot. I will probably contact them again next week.

Top Bottom