• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MGS V TPP (PC) to be bundled with Nvidia Cards in Future

Kindekuma

Banned
I still haven't checked if the 980Ti or Titan X can run Ground Zeroes at 4K 60FPS with a solo card. It'd be pretty damn cool if the Zotac cards get a Shinkawa print or just a regular print on the back plate.

TronLight

Everybody is Mikkelsexual
By soon they mean next thursday, that is July 23rd. I work at a retail store in my country and we got the official info yesterday. The game will be included with every GPU, GTX 960, 970, 980 and 980ti.

Not even a week after I bought mine, gonna try and convince
cry
amazon to give me a code.

I hope this means MGS 5 will be a quality PC port, but the track record for bundled Nvidia games is mixed. The "pick your path" thing had 2 clunkers at launch (AC Unity and FC4), but Witcher 3 was certainly a great bundled game. Then they had Batman AK...yeah.

Ground Zeroes is a great port and makes me think that MGS 5 should have no issues on PC, but with all of the chaos with Kojima and everything right before the end of the dev cycle, I could see the PC port getting the back burner treatment if anything does.

At least this means we will see people selling their codes for cheap on Ebay and such. Still going to be hard to resist grabbing it 2 weeks earlier on PS4. Something about MGS on a PS system feels right too.

Mifec

I hope this means MGS 5 will be a quality PC port, but the track record for bundled Nvidia games is mixed. The "pick your path" thing had 2 clunkers at launch (AC Unity and FC4), but Witcher 3 was certainly a great bundled game. Then they had Batman AK...yeah.

Ground Zeroes is a great port and makes me think that MGS 5 should have no issues on PC, but with all of the chaos with Kojima and everything right before the end of the dev cycle, I could see the PC port getting the back burner treatment if anything does.

At least this means we will see people selling their codes for cheap on Ebay and such. Still going to be hard to resist grabbing it 2 weeks earlier on PS4. Something about MGS on a PS system feels right too.

After them asking consumers what options in the PC version they want I don't think it's gonna be a disaster http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1070480

Also rofl at the ps system thing.

Arkanius

I wanted to buy the Fury in August when I return from summer break...
This is making my decision to not go to a 980 / Ti harder

Don't see how that would work, Konami is giving the keys to Nvidia, WB are the ones who fucked up their own game.

Nvidia gave us the keys though, no?

Shouldn't they be expected to at least give us something that works as intended?

Fuck, I'm just salty. Time to buy a cheap nvidia MGS5 key

Mifec

Shouldn't they be expected to at least give us something that works as intended?

nVidia got the keys from WB, you got the keys for free with your card, it's on WB that the game doesn't work not on nVidia. I fully understand where you come from but they don't owe you anything, WB should give you a free key for a new game not nV.

Mifec

Wow, does GZ really run that well? I finally have a 144hz/Gsync monitor and would have been wanting to try out Ground Zeroes just to see what it's like.

It is locked at 60fps(heard you can mod it to 120) but it runs incredibly well.

KarmaCow

Wow, does GZ really run that well? I finally have a 144hz/Gsync monitor and would have been wanting to try out Ground Zeroes just to see what it's like.

I could get 60fps locked @ 1680x1050 on high on a 460. It was pushing it but still I was expecting to lock it at 30 to avoid erratic framerate.

Kazuhira

Yep,one of the best pc ports in recent years,along with Alien Isolation and Max Payne 3 imo.

LAA

No this isn't an entitlement thing. I made a transaction as a consumer with the knowledge I was receiving two games, not one game and a broken game.

In a rare-ish case like this, would be nice of nvidia to offer the option to redeem for MGS V, though perhaps they can get around it by saying Batman should be fixed in August and MGS V isnt due till September anyway, so you won't have a broken game before MGS V is out anyway, but as I said, would be nice of them offer the choice anyway.

As someone who hasn't bought a video card in years, does newegg send you the code/voucher? Does it come in the product box? Just wondering how that part of it works.

Skelter

Banned
It is locked at 60fps(heard you can mod it to 120) but it runs incredibly well.

Are there any problems with modding the framerate? Like in Wolfenstein? Which would cause the game to run crazy fast.

get it, it's one of the best ports ever, like DMC reboot.
I could get 60fps locked @ 1680x1050 on high on a 460. It was pushing it but still I was expecting to lock it at 30 to avoid erratic framerate.

So I should get like 1000+ FPS on my Titan X!

Yep,one of the best pc ports in recent years,along with Alien Isolation and Max Payne 3 imo.

Playing Isolation at 1440p at 144hz is amazing. I just want to play everything at that framerate.

Any way for those of us fucked with AK to get MGS5
Mention when you bought your card and see if they'll give it to you, if they decline bring up Arkham Knight and the state it's in, don't be demanding and try to be sympathetic. Helps if you're a long time customer.

People were getting Witcher 3 and Arkham Knight keys even though they bought their cards weeks, even months prior to the promotion.

It'll be interested if it works again, I'll be giving it a shot, especially since AK was the game that made me pull the trigger on buying a 970 in the first place. I played through it on PC but I know the only reasons I was able to without the major stuttering issues was because I had it and my page file running off an SSD before I increased my RAM to 16GB.

LAA

About the codes you get from nvidia...I got a code from amazon to use on nvidia's redeem website, so...surely it could be used to redeem for something else right? Seeing it's supposed to change next thursday, I would think it would be possible for nvidia to at least put up an option after redeeming the code and choose Batman or MGSV, but I havent redeemed an nvidia code before so I'm just guessing from looking at the site.

Storm360

So, can someone give me a run down how this free game stuff works? I take it I have to order on Thursday (or whenever the retailer says the game is free?), is it just a code in the box or something too? (I'm in the UK if it matters... Never done a promotion like this)

Mifec

So, can someone give me a run down how this free game stuff works? I take it I have to order on Thursday (or whenever the retailer says the game is free?), is it just a code in the box or something too? (I'm in the UK if it matters... Never done a promotion like this)

Depends on the store, some ship you a second receipt with the code, others email it, some you have to email and request it. You get a code that you enter on nVidia's site, link your steam and it's activated on your steam then.

O.DOGG

I got my 970 a month and a half ago and got the Witcher 3 and Batman: Arkham Knight with it. I'd love it if it had Phantom Pain included but as it is I think I got my money's worth out of both games (top 2 games of the year for me), so I'll gladly pay for TPP when it comes out. It's only fair.

Nerrel

For fuck's sake. I just bought an R9 380, but I may have considered jumping to a 970 for this deal. It essentially would have been $40 more total for a way superior card, assuming TPP is $60 on Steam. AMD, why do you make it a struggle to buy your products...

Hasney

Really hoping the EVGA 980ti Hybrids stay in stock over here and I get my money through in time for the offer. Would love to pull the trigger on a pair of them and play this in 4k.

I really want to upgrade to the 970 but it's been out do long with no price drop I just know that something better will come out that will fit in my X51 soon, but I just a 4k TV. Maaaaaaaan.

I got my 970 a month and a half ago and got the Witcher 3 and Batman: Arkham Knight with it. I'd love it if it had Phantom Pain included but as it is I think I got my money's worth out of both games (top 2 games of the year for me), so I'll gladly pay for TPP when it comes out. It's only fair.

Run that sli dog!

Top Bottom