• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MGSV for PC officially confirmed

Kezen

Banned
True True. But this year is pretty lacking in those. IF you don't have a xbone that is...(MCC will come to PC IT WILL COME).

True again. But I don't think PC gamers are all that interested in playing multiplats on consoles.
I won't play Destiny on anything than my PC, I'm ready to wait as long as I need to.

I'm not optimistic Microsoft will allow MCC to come out on PC. Unlike Ryse or Dead Rising 3 this is supposed to be a real system seller.
I know Halo 1-3 have been sitting in the SteamDB for quite a while but it's reasonable to assume at this point they have been flat out canned.

True, that GTX560Ti was accompanied by 2500K, which I suspect will last me this entire generation.
I wish it for you but Sandy does not support PCI Express 3.0 which could be a bottleneck later down the line.
The 2500K is a beast no question about that and stomps on the 6 Jaguar cores available for games on current-gen consoles.

yuraya

I find that some games even with official support don't really have extensive modding communities. Like the Torchlight series.

Hopefully this game does have an active modding community. Everything they've revealed so far about The Phantom Pain shows a lot of modding potential.

There is a large open world map that dwarfs the size of all the previous MGS games combined. Considering all the motherbase customization stuff this game is practically an open world rpg with all sorts of freedom in tackling missions/trolling. Factor in Real time weather, day/night cycle, jeeps, tanks, helicopters and whatever the new MGO brings to the table I think the modding potential in this game is very good. There is good chance people will spend several hundred hours on this game. Not to mention we probably won't see MGS6 for long long time considering 4 was released in 08. This game will need longevity so I am hoping modding does take off.

teknix

Neo Member
Kiefer free version, yes!

d5PJD8D.png

If the Japanese version has english subtitles, i'm in!

Spaghetti

it should do.

i imagine the reason rising didn't have the japanese language track was because the english script was different and would require a whole new set of subtitles for the japanese script.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
If the Japanese version has english subtitles, i'm in!
As for mixing audio and subtitles of different languages, there's a quick trick to that, if the game itself doesn't offer the option to select a subtitle language: use the Steam client's language setting.

Edit: I should add that I'm not entirely sure if the above still works. Couldn't hurt to try it if necessary, though.

RedSwirl

Has there been a serious discussion over TF2 cross-promotion ideas? I feel like it's something Kojima wouldn't ignore.

Should they just go all-out and do stuff in TF2 representing the entire series?

I imagine:
--A Vulcan Raven outfit (and weapon) for the Heavy
--The Sniper as The End (or even Quiet)
--Pyro as The Fury
--Spy as Snake, with a cardboard box item
--A Metal Gear in MvM mode?

I keep checking the steam page hoping that they'll put up the release date for Ground Zeroes. Hopefully they release the game this year, considering the consoles have already had their hands on it.

Has there been a serious discussion over TF2 cross-promotion ideas? I feel like it's something Kojima wouldn't ignore.

Should they just go all-out and do stuff in TF2 representing the entire series?

I imagine:
--A Vulcan Raven outfit (and weapon) for the Heavy
--The Sniper as The End (or even Quiet)
--Pyro as The Fury
--Spy as Snake, with a cardboard box item
--A Metal Gear in MvM mode?

Raiden Scout
Emmerich Engineer
uhh
Volgin Soldier
Solidus Demoman?
I don't really care who the medic would be.

BBboy20

How's the mod scene in Rising going?

So...you think there gonna' use real guns if there were TF2 promotions? Does Valve realize how big of a deal it is mixing Metal Gear with Team Fortress? Like that it would be the biggest cross-promotion in history of video games?

Top Bottom